By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Devote Your Hearts (Attack on Titan Final Season Now Airing)

Tagged games:

Favourite character?

Eren 5 20.83%

Mikasa 4 16.67%

Armin 1 4.17%

Levi 7 29.17%

Historia 1 4.17%

Reiner 2 8.33%

Jean 0 0%

Hange 2 8.33%

Zeke 0 0%

Other 2 8.33%

Total:24
Shaunodon said:
COKTOE said:

That' really interesting. I never read the manga, so I didn't know that there were things missing for the first 3 seasons of the anime. I  but actually have vol.19 and vol.20 because they came with DVD AOV's.

Volumes 17 and 18 had special editions with OVAs too. Volume 16 had a special edition with a pack of playing cards.

Yep. I should have mentioned that I still need to buy those. I got 19 and 20 when I saw them at Chapters book store, and for some stupid reason, I didn't order the other ones yet. I have that "data book" as well. It had some neat stuff in it, including the the fact that certain Titans appearance and combat style was based off of UFC fighters like Yushin Okami and Brock Lesnar. Apparently this was fairly well known, but it was news to me. Gotta get around to playing the video game some day. They look good, especially AOT2 and it's upgrades.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Update: For anyone that doesn't already know, new season begins airing tomorrow. Info here.

No dub date confirmed sadly. I’m conflicted on what to do

BasilZero said:
MasonADC said:

No dub date confirmed sadly. I’m conflicted on what to do

Do they usually debut alongside the Japanese version?

If not, I'll just watch it subbed, hate waiting months.

No AFAIK. The wait is usually not that long, like a couple of weeks behind, but with the pandemic I’m not sure how fast they will be able to dub it. 

Last edited by MasonADC - on 05 December 2020

First Episode now up on Crunchyroll.

I don't know anything about the Dubbed simulcast, but maybe try checking Funimation's streaming service for info.

Around the Network

In the absence of Erwin I voted for Reiner

Edit: for people concerned with this season being like GoT, don't worry. Unlike GoT the source material still being used.

The problem with GoT is there are so much set up for a particular story that Martin has not yet written, so a couple of extremely limited directors needed to create whatever they could to finish the series in time

Particularly I was always more interested in the politic conflicts and lore side of SNK, and never so much about the action scenes nor character interactions. If you are like me I'm sure you will enjoy the final season

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 06 December 2020

BasilZero said:

Just saw the first ep.

A bit confused though - not sure if its because its been so long since the last season that I forgot some details or....

But the premise of the first ep - is that a timeskip or is it a flashback?

Timeskip, 9 years from the first season and 4 years after the end of season three. 

The quality of ep.1 seems great despite the studio change. Hopefully it will stay the same in the later episodes.

This current Reiner is just my favorite in the series and seeing it on anime is very pleasing

Attack on Tittan did a scary great job with building its universe-expansion, thing most mangas do very poorly. I remember reading Claymore just to get frustrated over the fact the new continent was never displayed

IcaroRibeiro said:

This current Reiner is just my favorite in the series and seeing it on anime is very pleasing

Attack on Tittan did a scary great job with building its universe-expansion, thing most mangas do very poorly. I remember reading Claymore just to get frustrated over the fact the new continent was never displayed

Pretty sure Isayama said most recently his favourite character is Reiner.

The more his character has grown through the story, the more I love going back to that scene in season 2. It's especially great after seeing it connect to the iconic scene from ch.100 in the manga, which will be coming up soon in the anime.