By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X: The Most Powerful and Compatible Next Gen System

Conina said:
goopy20 said:

Now sure you can say the high-end gpu of today is the low end gpu of tomorrow. But the truth is that we have no idea when Series X like specs will be main stream on pc. Maybe there will be a $200 RTX3050 and NVME SSD's will be dirt cheap next year. But it can also take years. Hell, the GTX1080 is over 4 years old and it's still selling for around $600. This console generation could literally be half way over before we'll see games on GP that truly require Series X like specs on the pc side. 

Talking shit about PC hardware prices again?

You can buy a RTX 2060 for $300 - $350, which is faster than a GTX 1080 in most newer games:

You can also buy a RX 5700 for $300 - $350, which is faster than a GTX 1080 in most newer games:

And at the end of the year (when the new consoles launch and Ampère graphic cards launch and RDNA2 graphic cards launch) these prices will probably be a lot lower.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait till Nvidia and AMD release the prices of their new GPU's. But like I've been saying for months now, ps5 will be showing them games that take advantage of that kind of hardware from day one. Meanwhile MS is too busy making sure anyone with a pc and Xone can play their games on GP too. That's why Sony's event got everybody excited about next gen, while Series X's first look did pretty much the opposite. 

Last edited by goopy20 - on 11 June 2020

Around the Network

I just dropped in after literally years... And I see Goopy is still at it. My God... With that dedication you could've actually become rich if you put the time into something productive. In any case...

Just throwing one thing out there. We already know Medium is going to be available only on the Xbox Series X, not on the older consoles. Developers will choose if they will cater to the older consoles or not. They are not forced to do so. Microsoft has chosen to support the older Xbox One consoles for at least the first year for their first party studios, considering how the early games are most likely going to be developed in the 'old way' anyway. Their perspective most likely is that it doesn't hurt to increase your potential market.

And obviously, there are always the ones trying to spin a good thing into a bad thing. Buying the game on one system and automatically getting it on three is not a bad thing in the slightest. That this needs to be said at all is ridiculous.

Truth does not fear investigation

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait till Nvidia and AMD release the prices of their new GPU's. But like I've been saying for months now, ps5 will be showing them games that take advantage of that kind of hardware from day one. Meanwhile MS is too busy making sure anyone with a pc and Xone can play their games on GP too. That's why Sony's event got everybody excited about next gen, while Series X's first look did pretty much the opposite. 

Fascinating that you even think showing every consumer the middle finger who doesn't instantly buy a next gen console just to have enough "next gen only games" for the first few million people who buy such a console early is the only way MS should go. 

I mean, maybe, just maybe all the XBO owners and Gamepass on PC users who don't want to upgrade in the first year will be happy about getting more games they can play?

Just imagine that...100% of Xbox gamers will get more games now of whom 10% (early XSX customers) will get a much better version which could theoretically be even better if the other 90% wouldn't get it at all. MS is such a bad company nowadays!

MS did some mistakes the last ten years or so and that includes that XBO owners didn't get many first party games. Giving them some more in 2020 and 2021 isn't a bad thing.

And even after hundred people told you already that you can't compare a little side show from MS with Sony's main show I try to explain it to you as well:

MS got many smaller games out of the way already. Instead of letting these games go down in a main show MS gave these games a chance to get some attention. Attention some of these games would never get otherwise. Having more shows of whom one is the big one isn't worse as only having one big show. 

It's just stupid to argue about how MS failed when their big show didn't even happen yet. I have no idea how Halo or whatever else will look like on XSX but anyone who is able to think properly knows that he should at least wait for this show to argue about MS's offerings.