By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apparently tech journalist Zenji Nishikawa has a revolutionary scoop; claims SEGA has a major announcement for their 60th anniversary. It is a Tech related announcement

Either a miniconsole or a series of exclusives for a platform holder, akin to the Capcom 5. Either way, probably not worth that much hype.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

The only thing that I can think is that Sega are getting into the handheld business/teaming up with a bigger player like Samsung etc to produce a Switch like tablet/gaming device.

kirby007 said:
I will bet 1000vg$ on the fact salnax is right

Would you be willing to go up to 10 000? Or is 1000 the max that can be bet?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

kirby007 said:

Interviews with excutives and Tech staff. 

Being describe as revolutionary

Announcement big enough for 60th anniversary.

Dreamcast mini would  not satisfy any of those prerequisites. SEGA genesis is more important than Dreamcast to SEGA and it got a regular announcement. This announcement seems like something that issuggested  it will shock the industry (not just a consumer).

Otter said:
The only thing that I can think is that Sega are getting into the handheld business/teaming up with a bigger player like Samsung etc to produce a Switch like tablet/gaming device.

This could be big.... but I dont see how SEGA has a chance in that battle.

I'm still betting on SEGA bringing arcade business home.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
kirby007 said:

Interviews with excutives and Tech staff. 

Being describe as revolutionary

Announcement big enough for 60th anniversary.

Dreamcast mini would  not satisfy any of those prerequisites. SEGA genesis is more important than Dreamcast to SEGA and it got a regular announcement. This announcement seems like something that issuggested  it will shock the industry (not just a consumer).

put my doubts here and quote me if im wrong

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Be too expensive to put out a Dreamcast mini right now. They'd have to sell it for over 100. Considering Sony struggled with PS mini one could only assume most Sega could do would be 32X.

Salnax said:
Salnax said:
I'm going to assume it's a Dreamcast Classic Edition until further notice.

And just in case there's doubts about the lineup, here's what Sega can include from their own library:

1. ChuChu Rocket
  2. Crazi Taxi
  3. Crazy Taxi 2
  4. Daytona USA 2001
  5. Fighting Vipers 2
  6. Jet Grind Radio
  7. Puyo Puyo 4
  8. Rez
  9. Samba de Amigo
  10. Seaman
  11. Sega Bass Fishing
  12. Shenmue
  13. Shenmue II
  14. Skies of Arcadia
  15. Sonic Adventure
  16. Sonic Adventure 2
  17. Sonic Shuffle
  18. Space Channel 5
  19. Virtua Fighter 3tb
  20. Virtua Striker 2
  21. Virtua Tennis

I like this list, I'm in.

No Power Stone 1 or 2...... Sega needs to contact Capcom

JRPGfan said:
Xxain said:

No they don't. SEGA does not even have a half the star power they did during their prime. They cant even make a above good Sonic game

They own Atlus.

Persona + Shin megami Tensei (SMT) + Etrian Oddesey + Catherine.

Sega itself..... is basically just Yakuza games atm.

Still they have enough IP, if they wanted to they could make a half decent attempt at a console.

Wow. No Sega could not make a console with first party software alone being the main drivers. That's like saying Nintendo would be fine if you limited them to only a handful of their IP, and for that handful you can't pick from Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, Splatoon, or Animal Crossing.