By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony DMCA's themselves on Twitter

Lmao what a fucking shit show. Kinda pathetic this whole LoU2 situation.

Around the Network
Otter said:

I support them all the way. Protect your fans and your art as aggressively as possible and its kind of unprecedented situation which is why they're resorting to this system. I've never had to be afraid to read the comments under a tweet in fear that they were going to ruin a game, or film for me but somehow Naught Dog has the worst trolls following them. I imagine it may be for political reasons, in any case things have already been spoiled for me because I decided to read IGNs twitter replies to an Assassins Creed article....

Damn sorry to hear it was already ruined for you. I've done my best to stop reading all comments on anything pretty much lately. I've been hiding all TLOU related videos on youtube so they'll stop showing me anything related to that game. Not to much longer to and then I can dive in and stop worrying about having the game spoiled for me. 

I am willing to bet the State of Play will be DMCA'd

Jesus Sony could line journalists up and execute them and some people would still say "it's for the best, they're protecting their art"

Otter said:
KLXVER said:

I don't get why they even bother at this time. The leaks are out there and theres no stopping them. The Last Of Us is a huge IP and will still sell many, many millions of copies. It just makes Sony look more insecure about the quality and the decisions of Naughty Dog.

Its not about whether the leak is out there, its about limiting the number of people exposed to it and I've observed trolls going out of their way to ruin it by putting spoilers under any TLOU2 related content.

There is absolutely nothing lost on the consumer side from sony being extra aggressive with censorship of leaked materials

Well what about the Assassins Creed article that spoiled it for you? Should Sony go after Ubisoft content as well? 

You have gotten the plot spoiled, does that mean you wont buy TLOU2? Im guessing you will still buy and enjoy it.

I haven't been spoiled, but if I was I would still get it. I usually play games for the gameplay. Something that seem to be a rare thing these days.

Around the Network

People know me here, but that ain’t right. You can’t just silence the internet (and ruin channels that rely on videos for personal revenue) because people are taking about spoilers. I get it, you wanna protect your potential money but this is an abuse. People are allowed to talk about what they want and make memes as they see for so long as it isn’t politically controversial.

ND showing their true colours lately with all this news with crunch culture and massive employee exodus in last 4 years. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Funny, but also sad that hackers and leakers are making companies this paranoid.

Jesus, the whole The Last Of Us: Part II marketing has been a mess over the last few months...

sales2099 said:

People know me here, but that ain’t right. You can’t just silence the internet (and ruin channels that rely on videos for personal revenue) because people are taking about spoilers. I get it, you wanna protect your potential money but this is an abuse. People are allowed to talk about what they want and make memes as they see for so long as it isn’t politically controversial.

ND showing their true colours lately with all this news with crunch culture and massive employee exodus in last 4 years. 

So the right to spoil and damage other property for own gain is bigger than the right to protect oneself?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ka-pi96 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

People always have the tools to know what they're buying without the need of clickbait ''journalism'' that can potentially undeservingly damage a product.

Well if the stuff they're posting is true, it isn't undeserving, is it?

Do you know it is true?

Depending on context yes,even when it is partially true it might be deserving and surely when it involves the drama crowd that is so focussed on negativity it has become blind for the positive.