Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if?: Bring Wii U back!

What do you think?

YASSSSS BRING IT 6 20.69%

Yeah, it will probably work 0 0.00%

Yes! I would try it! 2 6.90%

Meh, didn't care, so ever... 2 6.90%

NO, let this gimmick die! 19 65.52%

Total:29

I want Pikmin 3 on Switch but I just don't know if I can play it without the second screen. I like the idea but even then, two Switches is a lot to ask of the average gamer.

mZuzek loves AA batteries

Around the Network

Nah, I'm good with not having those casual multiplayer focused games.

Now, if they somehow manage to make them more into an actual game like the transition of Wii Sports to Ring Fit, then I'm in. Maybe.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wman1996 said:

In regards to the OP's idea, it's too cumbersome. Using a Switch Lite or Switch in handheld mode while another Switch is docked seems pretty cumbersome. The whole second screen concept was not fully utilized with Wii U and there's not really a good way to improve it with Switch.

The thing is: I am not saying that Nintendo should try again the whole concept of second screen. Just bring back the games that actually work with the second screen in a fun way and if you take that off, you lose the entire concept of the game. There weren't many, the only ones that I remember are NintendoLand and Game & Wario, both party games focused on couch multiplayer, so just bring a friend or a relative that owns a switch and you solve the problematic of having to own 2 switches. There's zombiU too but the game is not that good to begin with.

Just like the cardboard from Nintendo labo and the Ring from RFA, I would expect the same for the dual screen: it wouldn't be pushed too hard simply because the Switch hardware doesn't revolve around these gimmicks.

Last edited by 160rmf - 5 days ago

We reap what we sow

Buying 2 Switches is... fun?

To each their own I guess. It's definitely expensive and pretty ridiculous though.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

no

Around the Network

Honestly, the games that were specifically designed around taking advantage of the second screen for purposes beyond a map or inventory tended to be the weakest first/second-party titles. No sense trying to bring them back.

Ka-pi96 said:
Buying 2 Switches is... fun?

To each their own I guess. It's definitely expensive and pretty ridiculous though.

*Meanwhile people buying both of the HD twins*

For a family with 2 kids, I can assure it is fun to buy 2 instead of 1 if they don't wanna see they killing each other for a playtime.

But yeah, for people who own only one switch they won't be so tempted to spend a lot of cash to play a few games that explore the dual screen and relying on a friend or relative that also owns a switch is not that easy.

I figured out a better idea: A 2 part device that plugs on the switch and on the USB entrance in the docking station to create an wireless connection

OlfinBedwere said:
Honestly, the games that were specifically designed around taking advantage of the second screen for purposes beyond a map or inventory tended to be the weakest first/second-party titles. No sense trying to bring them back.

I beg to differ, they were extremely fun, addictive and original gathering around games. It would be a great and unique addition in the party games section

We reap what we sow

They really didn't utilize it very good way when it was a built in feature. Making it more cumbersome isn't going to help matters.

Nostalgia for old consoles? Welcome to Retro computing!!!

As a fan of the classic Star Fox games, I couldn't stand Star Fox Zero, which makes me so no to bringing back those style of games.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.