Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchise Dark Souls(known for being hard)surpassed 27 million sales; Dark Souls 3 at 10 million units

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Diversity is the true winner here, as I have been saying all along! =)

Having options is always a good thing!, even when it's optional difficulty modes. 

That is a case of having more diversity by taking diversity away =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Naum said:
What Ive seen is that the souls game franchise is hard until you learn the bosses moves...I like to watch that freak on Twitch The Happy Hobb play this series.

Yea, the games (have yet to play DS3) from my experience actually don't take a lot of "skill" to play, just a cool head, patience and willingness to pay attention to the enemies. I have way more trouble with games that demand almost flawless execution/very fast reaction speed/very accurate timing etc.



Nautilus said:
Chazore said:

Having options is always a good thing!, even when it's optional difficulty modes. 

Just as good when you have easy and hard games!

And Dark Souls already has different kinds of easy modes,summons,OP builds.

You can breeze through those games using those.



Immersiveunreality said:
Nautilus said:

Just as good when you have easy and hard games!

And Dark Souls already has different kinds of easy modes,summons,OP builds.

You can breeze through those games using those.

Exactly.No need to debuff the enemies with an standard classic mode.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lafiel said:
Naum said:
What Ive seen is that the souls game franchise is hard until you learn the bosses moves...I like to watch that freak on Twitch The Happy Hobb play this series.

Yea, the games (have yet to play DS3) from my experience actually don't take a lot of "skill" to play, just a cool head, patience and willingness to pay attention to the enemies. I have way more trouble with games that demand almost flawless execution/very fast reaction speed/very accurate timing etc.

Yeah this game is not hard compared to Rayman legends... I don't understand how people play that game.



Around the Network

Very well deserved and I'm incredibly excited to see what they're cooking up with Elden Ring.

My first playthrough of Dark Souls, going in blind and figuring everything out for myself, is probably one of the most fulfilling experiences I've ever had when it comes to videogames.



Nautilus said:

Just as good when you have easy and hard games!

And the difficulty options within them!



                                       

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Just as good when you have easy and hard games!

And the difficulty options within them!

Just as the option to not have them in some games!



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Dark souls likes are the easiest of hard games. Sekiro, now that shit was difficult but it's the exception. There is a big difference between punishing and difficulty, the latter often stops people from progressing even when they try their best the former is just a time sink for most people and success ecentually comes.

But I do love set difficult games and the DS genre.

Last edited by John2290 - 5 days ago

 

China Numba wan!!

Marth said:
The Dark Souls series is the Dark Souls of gaming I think.

That's deep, man. 



 

China Numba wan!!