By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchise Dark Souls(known for being hard)surpassed 27 million sales; Dark Souls 3 at 10 million units

Nautilus said:
John2290 said:
Can we get a thread going like the one in your sig but ya know, not locked and shit.

Ask the mods, to see if they will babysit the usual users who wreck havok on the threads that talk about a game difficulties. But I find it hard.

You don't need to look much further than this thread and the reaction that some users had to it.

I'm sorry that I have to fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

I'm sorry you have to act so stuck up and seek to berate those who dislike what you like. So sorry.

Maybe I wouldn't act so intolerant to your posts and threads, if you weren't seeking to earn ire and take it out on others in the first place. You know how you wrote your OP, you can write it without including other groups or going "well whadya know, I was right hurhur", because that kind of behaviour isn't exactly positive, and just invites people like me, who want to wipe the smug attitude away, because I firmly believe there ain't any need for it on these forums.

You want to mirror argue (because at this point I know you, you very much will) my last point above, take it to PM's, if not, let's wait for the mods to show up, because if you're wanting to duke it out once again, that's on you. Because you clearly couldn't let go of that thread that got locked (you even have it in your sig, which is telling of a massive grudge) months ago.

Want it to go smoothly?, don't get sarcy with me. Don't berate people like me who actually want god damn options in our games, and not that snidey elitist bs of seeking to do away with optional difficulty (because let's be real, if I gave you the choice, you'd love for all of us to be on your level).

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 21 May 2020

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Can we get a thread going like the one in your sig but ya know, not locked and shit.

Ask OP to tone down the sarcasm and snide and obvious grudge from his previous DS thread, and maybe it won't get locked a second time. 



Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Ask the mods, to see if they will babysit the usual users who wreck havok on the threads that talk about a game difficulties. But I find it hard.

You don't need to look much further than this thread and the reaction that some users had to it.

I'm sorry that I have to fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

I'm sorry you have to act so stuck up and seek to berate those who dislike what you like. So sorry.

Maybe I wouldn't act so intolerant to your posts and threads, if you weren't seeking to earn ire and take it out on others in the first place. You know how you wrote your OP, you can write it without including other groups or going "well whadya know, I was right hurhur", because that kind of behaviour isn't exactly positive, and just invites people like me, who want to wipe the smug attitude away, because I firmly believe there ain't any need for it on these forums.

You want to mirror argue (because at this point I know you, you very much will) my last point above, take it to PM's, if not, let's wait for the mods to show up, because if you're wanting to duke it out once again, that's on you. Because you clearly couldn't let go of that thread that got locked (you even have it in your sig, which is telling of a massive grudge) months ago.

Want it to go smoothly?, don't get sarcy with me. Don't berate people like me who actually want god damn options in our games, and not that snidey elitist bs of seeking to do away with optional difficulty (because let's be real, if I gave you the choice, you'd love for all of us to be on your level).

Are you... are you actually crying right now? There there.

So Dark Souls is not the game you want it to be. It's all the better for it, and thankfully From and other developers don't give a fuck about what you want their games to be. You're talking about options like you are entitled to them. Guess what, you have about a billion games to choose from, go pick your options and leave the crying to players trying to do a no death run of the entire trilogy.

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 21 May 2020

Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Just as the option to not have them in some games!

Oh but that takes away actual options in the first place, dear boy!

Options or not,can we just like a game for how it is intended by the developers?

Options are not needed because you want them for your personal enjoyment and a game like Dark Souls or Sekiro does lose what the intended experience of the product is supposed to be by adding an easy mode.

And this game does have options,lots of them but options that fit into the kind of game they exist in.

Oh yeah, you calling out the OP for having a grudge is mildly amusing and shows you might lack some selfreflection.



Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Just as the option to not have them in some games!

Oh but that takes away actual options in the first place, dear boy!

Not at all amigo. In fact, forcing developers to have multiple difficulties when they don't want to actually strangles their creativity and options for the game!



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Nautilus said:

Ask the mods, to see if they will babysit the usual users who wreck havok on the threads that talk about a game difficulties. But I find it hard.

You don't need to look much further than this thread and the reaction that some users had to it.

I'm sorry that I have to fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

I'm sorry you have to act so stuck up and seek to berate those who dislike what you like. So sorry.

Maybe I wouldn't act so intolerant to your posts and threads, if you weren't seeking to earn ire and take it out on others in the first place. You know how you wrote your OP, you can write it without including other groups or going "well whadya know, I was right hurhur", because that kind of behaviour isn't exactly positive, and just invites people like me, who want to wipe the smug attitude away, because I firmly believe there ain't any need for it on these forums.

You want to mirror argue (because at this point I know you, you very much will) my last point above, take it to PM's, if not, let's wait for the mods to show up, because if you're wanting to duke it out once again, that's on you. Because you clearly couldn't let go of that thread that got locked (you even have it in your sig, which is telling of a massive grudge) months ago.

Want it to go smoothly?, don't get sarcy with me. Don't berate people like me who actually want god damn options in our games, and not that snidey elitist bs of seeking to do away with optional difficulty (because let's be real, if I gave you the choice, you'd love for all of us to be on your level).

I have that thread on my sig because I poured my heart and soul into writting that OP, and also because I really liked the discussion.But you either couldn't handle my opinion, or you didn't like it.It dosen't matter either ay, because you got it locked, while I wanted to keep it open to keep having a good honest and healthy discussion about it. So yeah, I want people to keep on reading about it, because I want games to have actual options, like ones that are inexcusably hard, or inexclusably easy, or even something in between like having multiple difficulties.

But I'll admit that you piss me off a little, with your elitist attitude that '' If you don't think like me, then you are an ass/elitist/snidey/bs'' or whatever other name you called me. Because you simply can't acept other people opinion.That extend to multiple difficulties, stores on PC, the sucess of particular games just because they signed a deal here or there and so on. So yeah, I had alot of satisfaction when I heard that Dark Souls did this well. Or that Borderlands ''failed'' when it sold only 10 million units in the span of 6 months, give or take.

But enough Chazore. You are bringing havok to yet another of my threads. I'll be calling the mods, and I'll let them decide yet again what tpo do with all this.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Immersiveunreality said:

Options are not needed because you want them for your personal enjoyment and a game like Dark Souls or Sekiro does lose what the intended experience of the product is supposed to be by adding an easy mode.

And this game does have options,lots of them but options that fit into the kind of game they exist in.

Oh yeah, you calling out the OP for having a grudge is mildly amusing and shows you might lack some selfreflection.

The bold part is your opinion of course, and you are free to share it as much as anyone else. 

I guess the modding community on PC always loses it's "edge", whenever it's modified by that logic.

Yes ai am, but it seems like you still have one of your own, or a few of you actually. Practice what you preach first



Nautilus said:

I have that thread on my sig because I poured my heart and soul into writting that OP, and also because I really liked the discussion.But you either couldn't handle my opinion, or you didn't like it.It dosen't matter either ay, because you got it locked, while I wanted to keep it open to keep having a good honest and healthy discussion about it. So yeah, I want people to keep on reading about it, because I want games to have actual options, like ones that are inexcusably hard, or inexclusably easy, or even something in between like having multiple difficulties.

But I'll admit that you piss me off a little, with your elitist attitude that '' If you don't think like me, then you are an ass/elitist/snidey/bs'' or whatever other name you called me. Because you simply can't acept other people opinion.That extend to multiple difficulties, stores on PC, the sucess of particular games just because they signed a deal here or there and so on. So yeah, I had alot of satisfaction when I heard that Dark Souls did this well. Or that Borderlands ''failed'' when it sold only 10 million units in the span of 6 months, give or take.

But enough Chazore. You are bringing havok to yet another of my threads. I'll be calling the mods, and I'll let them decide yet again what tpo do with all this.

I saw you trying to tear anyone down who didn't agree with your view on difficulty modes, and anyone that agreed earned a nice head nod, and an echo chamber was forming, just like it is right now in this very thread. 

I've poured my own heart and soul into my own threads before, but I'm not going to amount that to the end of the world. 

Uhh, you can't seem to handle my own, in fact multiple of you here refuse and scoff at my own opinions, time and time again. I know damn well you and some of you on here very much dislike me, but I'm not changing for you. That thread got locked because you chose to allow it by getting into a stupid heated argument with me on difficulty modes. You didn't have to engage in an ongoing debate with me, hell even Rol was smart enough in a previous thread, to not go any further.

It's hardly healthy to have it be a completely one sided discussion, because let's use you and me for an example:

I vote for options in games, you vote for a game to be "designed the way it is" (which is what most games are, but let's call it the creme de la creme, the "chef special"), and you and me will go back and forth forever with our different points, no conclusion, nothing changes. Like I do get your point in all this, I just firmly disagree with it, like I do all DS fan logic on how games should be difficult again.

You claim I'm the elitist when you and a few others on here play that very same card with this franchise of gatekeeping? Oh please. You may refuse to see or acknowledge it, but it's there. Your own form of debating presents itself as such. I can acknowledge your opinion, but I don't agree with it. Am I supposed to agree with it by default?, I thought I was allowed my own, or is that not allowed either now?.

Oh no, we've had multiple stores for years bud. Why do you think I have GoG Galaxy, Origin, Steam and Battlenet installed. Yes, you paint me as someone who hates multiple stores, but you're completely ignoring why I choose not to use certain storefronts and why I do not see them as "healthy" for me or my platform of choice. See to you, let's use your elitism logic you accuse me of: I have to like the store, because if I don't, I'm not someone who can like stores at all. I already explained to you as to why I dislike one storefront, and you pushed that aside completely and branded it something entirely to your liking, and you won't acknowledge this, because if you did, it'd make you the same as what you accuse me of and that would harm your credibility (especially Chrizum, who could learn so much more on that).

I don't actually mind DS doing well at all, I even said on this very thread (that you and others willingly ignore), that they have found their audience, which is good, but instead you use their sales as a means to argue against people like me, who like having optional difficulty modes, rather than just being plain happy for your favourite franchise instead. I'm not sure how Borderlands failed here, or what it even has to do with DS at all. 

Already done that bud. You should let go of your grudge against me first, and then I'll actually stop trying to call you out. You want to remain hostile with me, I will with you, that's my nature. Me and DonFerrari have argued in the past, but now we're cool with one another, because we've no secret grudges or anything of the sort. I don't know why you cannot see that. I wouldn't be so hostile to some people on here, if they weren't trying to throw shade in the first place.



Nautilus said:
Chazore said:

I'm sorry that I have to fight sarcasm with sarcasm.

I'm sorry you have to act so stuck up and seek to berate those who dislike what you like. So sorry.

Maybe I wouldn't act so intolerant to your posts and threads, if you weren't seeking to earn ire and take it out on others in the first place. You know how you wrote your OP, you can write it without including other groups or going "well whadya know, I was right hurhur", because that kind of behaviour isn't exactly positive, and just invites people like me, who want to wipe the smug attitude away, because I firmly believe there ain't any need for it on these forums.

You want to mirror argue (because at this point I know you, you very much will) my last point above, take it to PM's, if not, let's wait for the mods to show up, because if you're wanting to duke it out once again, that's on you. Because you clearly couldn't let go of that thread that got locked (you even have it in your sig, which is telling of a massive grudge) months ago.

Want it to go smoothly?, don't get sarcy with me. Don't berate people like me who actually want god damn options in our games, and not that snidey elitist bs of seeking to do away with optional difficulty (because let's be real, if I gave you the choice, you'd love for all of us to be on your level).

I have that thread on my sig because I poured my heart and soul into writting that OP, and also because I really liked the discussion.But you either couldn't handle my opinion, or you didn't like it.It dosen't matter either ay, because you got it locked, while I wanted to keep it open to keep having a good honest and healthy discussion about it. So yeah, I want people to keep on reading about it, because I want games to have actual options, like ones that are inexcusably hard, or inexclusably easy, or even something in between like having multiple difficulties.

But I'll admit that you piss me off a little, with your elitist attitude that '' If you don't think like me, then you are an ass/elitist/snidey/bs'' or whatever other name you called me. Because you simply can't acept other people opinion.That extend to multiple difficulties, stores on PC, the sucess of particular games just because they signed a deal here or there and so on. So yeah, I had alot of satisfaction when I heard that Dark Souls did this well. Or that Borderlands ''failed'' when it sold only 10 million units in the span of 6 months, give or take.

But enough Chazore. You are bringing havok to yet another of my threads. I'll be calling the mods, and I'll let them decide yet again what tpo do with all this.

Its not like you didnt ask for it.

You could have chosen to focus on the topic at hand but you made the choice to open the door to a conversation from another thread. While on the topic of the other thread; get your head out of your butt. The thread is not Excellent, Amazing, or even great. It is a good discussion on the necessity of difficulty levels ... that's it. It has been a topic that has discussed a million times before. No one is really wrong or right here.

@Chazore - I would give you a dollar for every post you made that did not make you sound like a crybaby.

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 21 May 2020

Xxain said:
Nautilus said:

I have that thread on my sig because I poured my heart and soul into writting that OP, and also because I really liked the discussion.But you either couldn't handle my opinion, or you didn't like it.It dosen't matter either ay, because you got it locked, while I wanted to keep it open to keep having a good honest and healthy discussion about it. So yeah, I want people to keep on reading about it, because I want games to have actual options, like ones that are inexcusably hard, or inexclusably easy, or even something in between like having multiple difficulties.

But I'll admit that you piss me off a little, with your elitist attitude that '' If you don't think like me, then you are an ass/elitist/snidey/bs'' or whatever other name you called me. Because you simply can't acept other people opinion.That extend to multiple difficulties, stores on PC, the sucess of particular games just because they signed a deal here or there and so on. So yeah, I had alot of satisfaction when I heard that Dark Souls did this well. Or that Borderlands ''failed'' when it sold only 10 million units in the span of 6 months, give or take.

But enough Chazore. You are bringing havok to yet another of my threads. I'll be calling the mods, and I'll let them decide yet again what tpo do with all this.

Its not like you didnt ask for it.

You could have chosen to focus on the topic at hand but you made the choice to open the door to a conversation from another thread. While on the topic of the other thread; get your head out of your butt. The thread is not Excellent, Amazing, or even great. It is a good discussion on the necessity of difficulty levels ... that's it. It has been a topic that has discussed a million times before. No one is really wrong or right here.

@Chazore - I would give you a dollar for every post you made that did not make you sound like a crybaby.

It's not a matter of the thread being the best written ever, or being an art in itself.It was a theme that I have very much cared about, which was ruined because people don't take different opinions very well or just can't behave like civilized people.I will be the first to admit that some of the stupidity written there got to me a bit, but I'm not responsible for other people behavior, like it has been sugested.I'm not anyones parent here.

Anyways, I already called the mods, so I'll let them resolve the mess. Just wished they were faster.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1