By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something strange i've noticed in games

I'm not a conspirace theory nut, but i have noticed something in mulitple video games over the years, and it has me questioning the people behind the game, and if they believe or belong to a certain religious/higher order group. Or maybe there is a single explanation for this.  From games like breath of the wild, to journey, shadow of colossus, god of war, to the unreal engine 5 demo etc. Anyway, which you come accross in the game, it's this tower or mountain like stucture, which is like split in half, or seperated coming together, with a gap in the middle illuminated with light  shooting all the way up, or a light centre. Could someone explain to me what the significance of this is? what is the meaning behind it? i think i also noticed it on one of the lord or the rings movies and noah's ark. 

Around the Network

Probably just because it looks cool. Like the big laser thing shooting up into the sky in every Superhero and sci-fi movie.

Bristow9091 said:
It... looks cool? That's it.

Feels like there is more to it, has to be a meaning. When it shows up in different games, . Unless each designer thought the same thing, " i should make this structure thats divided with light in the middle " seems more than a coincidence.

KratosLives said:
Bristow9091 said:
It... looks cool? That's it.

Feels like there is more to it, has to be a meaning. When it shows up in different games, . Unless each designer thought the same thing, " i should make this structure thats divided with light in the middle " seems more than a coincidence.

It's not a coincidence at all. People copy things that are well received. Whether that's mechanically, artistically, functionally, etc. 

Everything doesn't have some greater meaning behind it. In fact, most things don't.

Did you mean the light shooting out of minas morgul?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Just a structure that looks cool and is basically a visual troupe. The only time there is more to it, is when it is written to have more to it within that game world.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ka-pi96 said:
KratosLives said:

I'm not a conspirace theory nut

Are you sure? I mean, your first thought was that a bunch of game devs around the world belong to some religious order because of 1 tiny similarity between their games.

Anyway, I can't say I've played any of the games you've mentioned so I'm not really sure what you're referring to, but I'd assume it's just because they all thought it looked cool. Especially if it's to do with light. Game devs love using light effects to show of the graphical prowess of their games.

The thing is in several instances, it doesn't make sense in the game world for it to exist as it is, and not given an explanation. In journey however, it seems to be a gateway to reincarnation or something like that.

It probably depends on the games.  One thing to realize is that a lot of video games are made by the Japanese, and some things would make more sense to them than it would to other cultures.  For example, it is common to have an ultimate weapon which is a metaphor for the atomic bomb, or there is often a Catholic-style religion present and 100% of the time it is totally corrupt.  If you know a few things about Japanese history then these tropes make total sense.

One time I was enjoying myself playing the game "1943", a game about a plane in the Pacific that destroys enemy planes, battleships and aircraft carriers.  Then I realized it was made by Japanese developers.  It put a whole new meaning on the game.

Dude, you're looking too deep. It looks really cool and doesn't need any more reason than that. Also, you're thinking about a few games where this similarity is but ignoring the thousands of games where you can find nothing like this at all.

Also, it's been in some games/movies a lot of people know, including game developers, so it should be no wonder people can copy it.

A hole with light is always a an opportunity to showcase illumination. We like light. Our ancestors even worshiped the Sun.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1