By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cyberpunk for PS4 or PS5?

Cyberpunk for PS4 or PS5?

Preordering for PS4 2 14.29%

Will see after release date and reviews 1 7.14%

Wait for PS5 11 78.57%

Total:14

Cyberpunk might be the last biggest PS4 release and apparently will also be on PS5.

What's your approach? Picking up/Preordering for PS4 or waiting for a PS5 version? 

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

As I do with any console im interested in, I wont be buying a PS5 until it has a somewhat considerable library or at least a couple of really strong games, so that'd probably be a year or so after it launches. So i'd be getting Cyberpunk for PS4. Not preordered tho.

As someone with a PS4 and One S, I'm on board with getting it for the Xbox One and then having the free upgrade for whenever I own a series X (if ever?).

Without the Xbox; I'd likely stick to the PS4 version of the game. It'll be good - and why wait?

Current gen but maybe played on Boost Mode on PS5.

I figured its best to live in the moment and play the game on the systems it was built for. With no next gen version in sight this year i wont wait

I vaguely remember them saying the next gen version won't be available immediately on ps5 launch. Release date on next gen systems will be a factor for me.

Around the Network

I hadn't thought about this. Probably PS5. But now that Yakuza: Like A Dragon is on the dung-heap, maybe I will buy Cyberpunk on PS4. Tough call.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Even if it has PS5 upgrade option, i will buy the games and play the games on PS5. I have done with PS4 this gen. I will pay all 2020 games (except FF7 Remake) on PS5 on ward. This include Ghost of Tsushima.

It will probably have a bad performance on current gen, except maybe OneX. I would wait for next gen is possible to play it properly.

Why play it on ps4. It will run better, look better, have the bugs ironed out and perhaps already some extra free content or DLC on ps5, and might even cost less. Besides that, my HDD is full.

I'm really split. I want to live the moment but at the same time it could be nice to get a ps5 version with extra content included.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?