By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

I hope they do, if only because it’s resources being used on a niche that doesn’t translate to more traditional exclusives. Didn’t PS4 VR only sell 5 million? Kinect sold 25 million but didn’t really add anything to the brand in a meaningful way, that’s my point. 

Yes A $400 addition sold 5m, more than all competitors combined(Not sure if this changed). The issue with kinect was that it was a new way to play games that replaced traditional gaming. When the novelty whore off, like wii motion controls, gamers abandoned it. VR is not a new way of playing but an enhancenment of traditional gaming. Like better sound, rumble and whatever else. It immerses you deeper into the game while still playing the same way. You can take off the VR and still play the same game on the TV. 

Reason VR haasent taken off yet is the high price of entry. Im pretty sure there are plenty of people waiting for it to be more accesible. Also pretty sure Sony will invest more into it as on this gen the games released where really underwhelming. Only one that comes to mind that was good was resident evil. On the PC side valve just went all out with half life and I hear it good. But boy is its price hurts to just look at. 

Actually Kinect “enhanced” traditional games as well. Voice commands mostly with games like Ghost Recon Future Solider or Dead Space 3. Like PS VR has with RE7, but examples like that are too few to justify mass adoption. 

In general it’s that it’s a solo experience, that it can’t be shared in person coupled with the high price of entry. So that said though our motivations are different I say I hope Sony invests more and more into VR. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

I hope they do, if only because it’s resources being used on a niche that doesn’t translate to more traditional exclusives. Didn’t PS4 VR only sell 5 million? Kinect sold 25 million but didn’t really add anything to the brand in a meaningful way, that’s my point. 

Yes A $400 addition sold 5m, more than all competitors combined(Not sure if this changed). The issue with kinect was that it was a new way to play games that replaced traditional gaming. When the novelty whore off, like wii motion controls, gamers abandoned it. VR is not a new way of playing but an enhancenment of traditional gaming. Like better sound, rumble and whatever else. It immerses you deeper into the game while still playing the same way. You can take off the VR and still play the same game on the TV. 

Reason VR haasent taken off yet is the high price of entry. Im pretty sure there are plenty of people waiting for it to be more accesible. Also pretty sure Sony will invest more into it as on this gen the games released where really underwhelming. Only one that comes to mind that was good was resident evil. On the PC side valve just went all out with half life and I hear it good. But boy is its price hurts to just look at. 

Have you even played VR? Because VR is definitely not an enhancement of traditional gaming, it's a new gaming experience. Just like Kinect was at it's time. Traditional games don't work well with VR and the technology requires a different approach in terms of game design in order to make such experience enjoyable. I do agree though, that VR has way more potential and I think it is here to stay as a niche.

Cerebralbore101 said:

RolStoppable said:

The same holds true for Sony, but I rather wait until blunders are committed than assume which ones are going to happen.

I have a ton of replies to make on this thread, but I just wanted to say that: Any blunders made by either MS or Sony would have been telegraphed at this point in the next gen news cycle. Some company doing a massive 11th hour screwup at this point would be unprecedented. Even Sega's huge blunder of surprise launching the Saturn at $100 more than PS1 was known by May 13th 1995. 

Why do you keep bringing up May as a certain point in next gen build up which should telegraph if any blunders are going to happen or not. First of all, 7 years ago Xbox One was in the similar state as PS5 currently is, complete mystery, up until May 21, 2013. If you like to use a certain as such point, we still haven't passed May 21, 2020. But, it actually doesn't matter May, June or July, what matters is that on May 21, 2013 Microsoft showed Xbox One and shared their vision for 8th gen console for the first time. That's what actually matters. Sony still hasn't done this for PS5, so saying that screwup is impossible just because it's May already and Sony still hasn't shit it's bed is completely incorrect. They still can, but it can happen in June or July.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Actually Kinect “enhanced” traditional games as well. Voice commands mostly with games like Ghost Recon Future Solider or Dead Space 3. Like PS VR has with RE7, but examples like that are too few to justify mass adoption. 

In general it’s that it’s a solo experience, that it can’t be shared in person coupled with the high price of entry. So that said though our motivations are different I say I hope Sony invests more and more into VR. 

I'll make a small correction to the solo experience. There are plenty of party games on VR, and the one from japan studio is just great, my son loves even seeing recorded gameplay of it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:

I think the XBSX will gain market share on the simple premise that it is the most powerful console. Among the reasons why people migrated from the X-Box brand to the PS4 was due to the latter being more powerful than the XBO and having the better performing versions of games.

That being said. We still don't know exactly what the PS5 will bring to the next gen table, other than some raw specs. So I'll reserve final judgement for once I know more about both systems.

But why? I mean, in theory, yeah, some people WILL chose the more powerful console...but I also am pretty certain that anyone that cares about power will get a PC. nothing in history indicates that power is THAT much of a boost for sales. It didn't work for Xbox One X, it didn't work for the original Xbox, it didn't work for PS3, and it didn't work or the Genesis. It didn't work for the PSP or the Vita, either. It didn't work for the N-Gage, and even when it comes to mobile phones, iPhones are regularly near the bottom in terms of power but are regularly super successful. 

The average person and the masses do not care about power. I like power, but we're at a point in history where the difference in performance between the PS4 and XBO is negligible and I'm certain that will be the same with the XBSX and PS5. Price might matter, but I also think most people have come to realize that...yeah...sony has more games. they always have more games. Microsoft might make for an impressive launch lineup, but sony has always delivered on a mostly-steady rate. Even when they fluctuate, you can always rely on them to deliver the goods. 

My point is, people keep SAYING that power is a huge factor, but it's just not. Nothing in history has ever really indicated that a more powerful console draws people to flock to it. If it did, then the Xbox One X wouldn't be undercut by the Ps4. If it did, Xbox One X would be driving the XBO to stronger late-stage sales, but in reality the console is regularly selling less than 1/3 what Sony is selling despite Sony not having the stronger console. 

Like I said before, anything CAN happen and who knows, Microsoft might turn it around, but nothing in the past 7 years even remotely implies that's gonna be the case. they keep SAYING they're powerful, that they're working on exclusives, and that the Xbox Brand is strong, but reality is like a sledgehammer to the nose. If any of that mattered or if they were actually delivering on promises, they wouldn't have suffered consistently poor sales compared to their competition. If people cared, it would be regularly outselling PS4. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

That's a premature and perplexing prediction.

People aren't disappointed by Microsoft's hardware this time around. Similarly, the outlook for Microsoft's first party games is more positive. The marketing that XSX is about games is also better received than "TV, TV, TV." There are no negative rumors floating around that Microsoft's upcoming box will clamp down on used games, be always online or the like.

Basically, it's not even a prediction like you say. It's an analysis of what's already here.

True, but that was flash-in-the-pan drama. now people see just how thin the exclusive lineup is and has been since the late half of the Xbox 360's lifetime. They went from being that company that sucked hard and didn't respect their audience (TVTVTV, DRM, etc) but had great exclusives to a company that was mediocre when it came to their business models but had no exclusives to offer. 

People really are underestimating how much exclusives and consistency matter in this industry. Nintendo, even when they fail (WiiU, Gamecube) Still have outstanding game lineups. and when they innovate (Wii, Switch), they knock it outta the park. Sony, for all its flubs, consistently delivers on games even when 'certain people' harp on about stuff like power and backwards compatibility. The one thing Sony has consistently done VERY well is deliver high quality exclusive titles at a consistent rate throughout the console's life cycle, and as a result they have the #1 (PS2), #2 (PS4), #3 (PS1), and #5 (PS3) selling home consoles. Clearly they're doing something very, VERY right to be that consistent. 

Microsoft has tried everything they can to match Sony EXCEPT a solid lineup of consistently good first and third party exclusives. to make matters worse, you can get Microsoft games on PC now, so there's literally no reason to have an Xbox Series X except the power (which I've explained multiple times the general public doesn't care about, and those who do will get a PC...which is also where all of their exclusives go)

My point is, if any of these other features mattered, the sales history would be vastly different. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Hynad said:

I think the XBSX will gain market share on the simple premise that it is the most powerful console. Among the reasons why people migrated from the X-Box brand to the PS4 was due to the latter being more powerful than the XBO and having the better performing versions of games.

That being said. We still don't know exactly what the PS5 will bring to the next gen table, other than some raw specs. So I'll reserve final judgement for once I know more about both systems.

But why? I mean, in theory, yeah, some people WILL chose the more powerful console...but I also am pretty certain that anyone that cares about power will get a PC. nothing in history indicates that power is THAT much of a boost for sales. It didn't work for Xbox One X, it didn't work for the original Xbox, it didn't work for PS3, and it didn't work or the Genesis. It didn't work for the PSP or the Vita, either. It didn't work for the N-Gage, and even when it comes to mobile phones, iPhones are regularly near the bottom in terms of power but are regularly super successful. 

The average person and the masses do not care about power. I like power, but we're at a point in history where the difference in performance between the PS4 and XBO is negligible and I'm certain that will be the same with the XBSX and PS5. Price might matter, but I also think most people have come to realize that...yeah...sony has more games. they always have more games. Microsoft might make for an impressive launch lineup, but sony has always delivered on a mostly-steady rate. Even when they fluctuate, you can always rely on them to deliver the goods. 

My point is, people keep SAYING that power is a huge factor, but it's just not. Nothing in history has ever really indicated that a more powerful console draws people to flock to it. If it did, then the Xbox One X wouldn't be undercut by the Ps4. If it did, Xbox One X would be driving the XBO to stronger late-stage sales, but in reality the console is regularly selling less than 1/3 what Sony is selling despite Sony not having the stronger console. 

Like I said before, anything CAN happen and who knows, Microsoft might turn it around, but nothing in the past 7 years even remotely implies that's gonna be the case. they keep SAYING they're powerful, that they're working on exclusives, and that the Xbox Brand is strong, but reality is like a sledgehammer to the nose. If any of that mattered or if they were actually delivering on promises, they wouldn't have suffered consistently poor sales compared to their competition. If people cared, it would be regularly outselling PS4. 

Many gamers want the best multiplats. And unlike Xbox X, if you offer a better option day 1 it can make a difference however small or moderate it may seem. Power was certainly a narrative for PS4 until Xbox X came out. Don’t pretend it wasn’t.

Xbox X came out too late, the gen sales trends have long since been established. If you can’t tell the difference in timing between power day 1 and power year 4 then theres fundamental problems of understanding basic business. You can give all the examples you want but fact is it’s PS fans who really started caring about power ever since Sony pumped people up with teh CELL. From 2006 - 2017 was PS having the power narrative so stop pretending it’s MS making it up when they are responding to their narrative so they aren’t on the losing end of it.

“but I also am pretty certain that anyone that cares about power will get a PC”

If that’s your stance then I’ll have to ask similar questions that you asked me earlier. Lol there’s a difference between dedicated console and PC gamers. You can like power but prefer gaming on your couch in front of a wide screen TV instead of your desk/wherever looking at a 20 something inch monitor. Night and day experience. Consoles are largely cheaper, more convenient and more social (split screen) then PC which is a more rewarding yet requires more out of you. 

I agree that exclusives will overall be the driving force of console adoption but you seem stuck in the past with MS. They have 15 studios with multiple teams and have been staffing up. Gotta wait till July to show proof but you really can’t pretend to ignore what they have and the rumoured games for each team. That’s just denial on your part. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 13 May 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

derpysquirtle64 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I have a ton of replies to make on this thread, but I just wanted to say that: Any blunders made by either MS or Sony would have been telegraphed at this point in the next gen news cycle. Some company doing a massive 11th hour screwup at this point would be unprecedented. Even Sega's huge blunder of surprise launching the Saturn at $100 more than PS1 was known by May 13th 1995. 

Why do you keep bringing up May as a certain point in next gen build up which should telegraph if any blunders are going to happen or not. First of all, 7 years ago Xbox One was in the similar state as PS5 currently is, complete mystery, up until May 21, 2013. If you like to use a certain as such point, we still haven't passed May 21, 2020. But, it actually doesn't matter May, June or July, what matters is that on May 21, 2013 Microsoft showed Xbox One and shared their vision for 8th gen console for the first time. That's what actually matters. Sony still hasn't done this for PS5, so saying that screwup is impossible just because it's May already and Sony still hasn't shit it's bed is completely incorrect. They still can, but it can happen in June or July.

Xbox one was absolutely not in the same position seven years ago, as PS5 is in now. I think you are forgetting the massive DRM rumors swirling around XB1 prior to official reveal, as well as Adam Orth's horrible dismissal of public outcry. https://www.polygon.com/2013/4/5/4186676/always-on-consoles-unease-xbox-adam-orth-microsoft

Sure MS hadn't officially shit the bed until May 21st, but we could all smell it from quite a ways off. Microsoft's ridiculous always-on DRM plans for XB1 was just a prelude to how much XB1 would suck in the coming months. So far I've yet to see such a prelude to PS5 shitting the bed. 

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

Many gamers want the best multiplats. And unlike Xbox X, if you offer a better option day 1 it can make a difference however small or moderate it may seem. Power was certainly a narrative for PS4 until Xbox X came out. Don’t pretend it wasn’t.

Xbox X came out too late, the gen sales trends have long since been established. If you can’t tell the difference in timing between power day 1 and power year 4 then theres fundamental problems of understanding basic business. You can give all the examples you want but fact is it’s PS fans who really started caring about power ever since Sony pumped people up with teh CELL. From 2006 - 2017 was PS having the power narrative so stop pretending it’s MS making it up when they are responding to their narrative so they aren’t on the losing end of it.

If that’s your stance then I’ll have to ask similar questions that you asked me earlier. Lol there’s a difference between dedicated console and PC gamers. You can like power but prefer gaming on your couch in front of a wide screen TV instead of your desk/wherever looking at a 20 something inch monitor. Night and day experience. Consoles are largely cheaper, more convenient and more social (split screen) then PC which is a more rewarding yet requires more out of you. 

I agree that exclusives will overall be the driving force of console adoption but you seem stuck in the past with MS. They have 15 studios with multiple teams and have been staffing up. Gotta wait till July to show proof but you really can’t pretend to ignore what they have and the rumoured games for each team. That’s just denial on your part. 

they had the power, yes, but I don't recall it ever being a huge driving force for the audience or marketing. I'm sure they mentioned it, but 'PS4, the most powerful console' in an ad is just by technicality and marketing slang. when Microsoft does it, it's POWER POWER POWER and the fans are POWER POWER POWER, and in the conferences it's "THE BEST PLACE TO PLAY WITH POWER!" Using marketing is one thing, pushing a narrative is another. If you genuinely can't see the difference in how Sony talked about the power of their console vs the way Microsoft pushed that narrative, then I really don't think you're impartial enough to be having this conversation. 

Do they both do it? sure. One of the two is FAR more prevalent with it. clearly. 

Yeah, they've been saying and doing this for years. They've always had long lines of studios with tonnes of talent behind them. I lost faith in them with their acquisition of Rare and haven't done anything to assuage my concern in the past 15 years. Having studios is great and all, but in spite of that they've not been releasing games with any semblance of consistency or quality and even the few they DO release are mediocre or outright shit. Like, I know that's a harsh way of putting it, but if you're lucky you get 2 good console exclusives a year. most of what they put out is just shit. IT's shitty shit that smells like shit and tastes like shit and sounds like farty shit. 

And the good stuff (Cuphead, Ori, and to a lesser extent super Lucky's Tale) are on Switch and the rest are on PC. 

I would genuinely LOVE for Microsoft to step their game up and actually deliver on even a fraction of the promises they've made. Everyone agrees that competition is good for consumers and for creativity, and I fear if sony ends up dominating like they did with the Ps2 we could have another crash due to hubris. I don't want that. 

but the reality is that I bought an Xbox One within a year of its launch, and I just don't play it. It sits hooked up to my living room TV collecting dust. Since I got both PS4 and Xbox One on their first iterations (prior to the power upgrades in the Pro/X), I always got my multiplatform games on PS4 and there were virtually no Xbox One games I cared about. I have the system and would LOVE to get some use out of it, but they're not giving me any reason to do so. I'm not even exagerrating when I say I have spent more time updating the Xbox One Firmware than I have playing games on it. I even spent 90 dollars (CAD) to get a really nice golden-accented Xbox One controller because I WANTED to like it. 

the whole nonsense with DRM and Kinect and the price and focus on TV/multimedia was a flash in the pan. a surface-level controversy. something that burned fast and hard but was eventually forgotten or at least ignored. Eventually the system DID remove the DRM and DID allow you to play without Kinect and DID try to focus more on games like with GamePass and Backwards compatibility and DID care about multiplatform games by giving the more powerful option. but by then, no games were coming out for the system. Backwards compatibility is great and a feature I am eagerly anticipating on PS5/XboxSX, but that's an appetizer compared to the meat and potatoes that are new games. I think PSNow and GamePass are great ideas, but that's garnish compared to the main course that is exclusive titles and gameplay features. 

Xbox One suffered a superficial burn with the early PR disaster, but that can be recovered with. The brand's image has been tarnished and has been festering due to the complete lack of exclusives and the consistently failed promises of more games and more studios and more creativity and more originality. disappointment in the brand has gone from tabloid gossip to actual, deep-rooted apathy. At least with the drama people cared. Now, Xbox is just a console where the few holdouts play while the rest of the gamers flock to Ps4 and Switch in droves. 

I repeat, I'd love for Microsoft to step up their game and give Sony something to think about, but they've been doing the same song and dance for the past decade or so and people just don't give a shit. If they did, we wouldn't be looking at weeks where PS4 outsells Xbox One 4:1, and that's pretty common. Xbox has a lot of good ideas, but none of them matter without exclusives. It's pretty clear from the sales numbers and the last 10 years on the market that a steady stream of games is what make people like Sony. 

I really don't know what more to say to you, man. This isn't some snafu or short-lived kerfuffle like when sony fucked up with the Ps3. That console had a horrendous launch and a few years of absolute misery ahead of it, but 2009-2011 they turned it around and ended up kicking loads of ass by the end. the 3-5 years of Sony's mishaps were bad, but we're going on 9-11 years of Microsoft completely dropping the ball. The entire second half of the Xbox's life was barren for exclusives and despite its year-long headstart AND sony's hubris, they still couldn't keep their lead. It's actually pretty embarrassing, when you think about it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

A narrative fans used in console wars not one Sony really used or cared for PS4. Plus if you remember VGC during that time PS4 was considered DoA first because Sony was bankrupt and second because "the most powerful console never wins a gen" that show power was considered a handicap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Runa216 said:

they had the power, yes, but I don't recall it ever being a huge driving force for the audience or marketing. I'm sure they mentioned it, but 'PS4, the most powerful console' in an ad is just by technicality and marketing slang. when Microsoft does it, it's POWER POWER POWER and the fans are POWER POWER POWER, and in the conferences it's "THE BEST PLACE TO PLAY WITH POWER!" Using marketing is one thing, pushing a narrative is another. If you genuinely can't see the difference in how Sony talked about the power of their console vs the way Microsoft pushed that narrative, then I really don't think you're impartial enough to be having this conversation. 

Do they both do it? sure. One of the two is FAR more prevalent with it. clearly. 

Yeah, they've been saying and doing this for years. They've always had long lines of studios with tonnes of talent behind them. I lost faith in them with their acquisition of Rare and haven't done anything to assuage my concern in the past 15 years. Having studios is great and all, but in spite of that they've not been releasing games with any semblance of consistency or quality and even the few they DO release are mediocre or outright shit. Like, I know that's a harsh way of putting it, but if you're lucky you get 2 good console exclusives a year. most of what they put out is just shit. IT's shitty shit that smells like shit and tastes like shit and sounds like farty shit. 

And the good stuff (Cuphead, Ori, and to a lesser extent super Lucky's Tale) are on Switch and the rest are on PC. 

I would genuinely LOVE for Microsoft to step their game up and actually deliver on even a fraction of the promises they've made. Everyone agrees that competition is good for consumers and for creativity, and I fear if sony ends up dominating like they did with the Ps2 we could have another crash due to hubris. I don't want that. 

but the reality is that I bought an Xbox One within a year of its launch, and I just don't play it. It sits hooked up to my living room TV collecting dust. Since I got both PS4 and Xbox One on their first iterations (prior to the power upgrades in the Pro/X), I always got my multiplatform games on PS4 and there were virtually no Xbox One games I cared about. I have the system and would LOVE to get some use out of it, but they're not giving me any reason to do so. I'm not even exagerrating when I say I have spent more time updating the Xbox One Firmware than I have playing games on it. I even spent 90 dollars (CAD) to get a really nice golden-accented Xbox One controller because I WANTED to like it. 

the whole nonsense with DRM and Kinect and the price and focus on TV/multimedia was a flash in the pan. a surface-level controversy. something that burned fast and hard but was eventually forgotten or at least ignored. Eventually the system DID remove the DRM and DID allow you to play without Kinect and DID try to focus more on games like with GamePass and Backwards compatibility and DID care about multiplatform games by giving the more powerful option. but by then, no games were coming out for the system. Backwards compatibility is great and a feature I am eagerly anticipating on PS5/XboxSX, but that's an appetizer compared to the meat and potatoes that are new games. I think PSNow and GamePass are great ideas, but that's garnish compared to the main course that is exclusive titles and gameplay features. 

Xbox One suffered a superficial burn with the early PR disaster, but that can be recovered with. The brand's image has been tarnished and has been festering due to the complete lack of exclusives and the consistently failed promises of more games and more studios and more creativity and more originality. disappointment in the brand has gone from tabloid gossip to actual, deep-rooted apathy. At least with the drama people cared. Now, Xbox is just a console where the few holdouts play while the rest of the gamers flock to Ps4 and Switch in droves. 

I repeat, I'd love for Microsoft to step up their game and give Sony something to think about, but they've been doing the same song and dance for the past decade or so and people just don't give a shit. If they did, we wouldn't be looking at weeks where PS4 outsells Xbox One 4:1, and that's pretty common. Xbox has a lot of good ideas, but none of them matter without exclusives. It's pretty clear from the sales numbers and the last 10 years on the market that a steady stream of games is what make people like Sony. 

I really don't know what more to say to you, man. This isn't some snafu or short-lived kerfuffle like when sony fucked up with the Ps3. That console had a horrendous launch and a few years of absolute misery ahead of it, but 2009-2011 they turned it around and ended up kicking loads of ass by the end. the 3-5 years of Sony's mishaps were bad, but we're going on 9-11 years of Microsoft completely dropping the ball. The entire second half of the Xbox's life was barren for exclusives and despite its year-long headstart AND sony's hubris, they still couldn't keep their lead. It's actually pretty embarrassing, when you think about it.

Your first paragraph just sounds salty that MS took the narrative PS fans held on for 11 years. “Sony did it with class but MS marketed power like the brutes they are!”. Ridiculous double standard you applying, because it’s the fans who loved shoving Digital Foundry video comparisons at Xbox gamers back in the day. Now it’s likely you can’t do that this time. 

And wow....that second paragraph is just you stuck in the past. You talking about acquiring Rare...that was so long ago. They have been talking about games for years but not really since 2018. Because Xbox has never had the number of studios they have now, all dedicated to making core games. You are so far removed from what they have going on....at least I keep track of what PS does. 

You talk about smaller games being on Switch or PC...it’s not on PS. For a rivalry between two brands...why is it the Sony fan who brings up other platforms? ;)

Thanks for the 2013 history lesson, but that was long ago and lessons were learned. Game Pass isn’t a garnish....it revolves around games. Core games and day 1 exclusives. I broke even last year on Gears 5 and Outer Worlds. The other 18 games I played is the same games you play on PS4...yet I saved a shit load of money compared to you. I wouldn’t count that kind of value as a garnish. 

Look, the Xbox Empire thread is a hot topic on this site. The first page tells you all 15 developers and all their rumoured games and IPs. I hear ya, it’s all just talk at this point. But this time it’s real. You don’t acquire 6 studios with 15 total and have nothing to show for it. I myself lost faith after the botched launch but I gotta tell ya I haven’t felt this excited about Xbox since 2007. Can’t wait.