By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Visions of XVI - Possibly first concept work being developed by Business Division 3 ( Naoki Yoshida/ FF14 team)

FF16 is probably my most hyped game that hasn’t been announced right now. After F14, 15, and 7R, I have no idea where they will go and am completely intrigue how they will handle it. I know people complain about games being announced early...but I really hope it is announced soon just so I can get a glimpse into what they are doing

Around the Network
Xxain said:
JuliusHackebeil said:
Story is very important to me in FFs. The story of XV was a nonsensical borefest. I don't play MMOs. XIII was comicaly bad in its story. XII I could never get into, even though many people like it very much. X had outright crazy tendencies but was good overall. Meaningful character interactions, satisfying arks, interesting themes, no to glaring logical missteps. I think FFX was the last good story they told in FF. Almost two decades ago. VII Remake seems good but this is not a new story and the KH-dude Nomura will surely find a way to still ruin it for everybody.
I have almoat no faith in FFXVIs story being any good. Hope I'm wrong.

You should play Final Fantasy 12. Final Fantasy 12 has story that feels like it was written by someone who used books and movies as an inspiration vs anime/Manga. I also still think FF12 is the benchmark for the series. Very slow beginning but once it starts it does not stop. You should also play FF14 as supposedly it also has a great story. 

Again FF16 is not being by BD1 which has the 2 terrible writers (Toriyama, Nomura)

THANK GOD! 

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

The new mysterious title is already in "full-scale development", meaning the conceptualizations and environmental aesthetics are set. It is worth nothing that Yoshida said in past interviews that he feels the next Final Fantasy core title should be "straightforward fantasy, one that doesn’t have much machinery, and with no mecha in it", which certainly fits this new image!

I don't know what full-scale development means, but I hope they aren't going to go bankrupt again or separate the product to make up money they lose from rushing things. I am a bit worried by this statement, but full-scale development might not mean that it's actually being developed in engine yet. While they say this will be a fantasy without machinery, it doesn't really state the story is finished and those concepts are just as important as aesthetics. I don't know where they draw the line, but for me full-scale development means actual in-engine development, but reading that post I'm not sure that's what they mean.

I'm not sure if there is any reason to be concerned. 
-A different FFXV must have been in development before versus XIII took over in 2012
-FFXV was released in 2016 
-FFVIIR is a remake

All in all, it would be troubling if in the last decade they couldn't conceptualise and write an original story. In terms of finance, XV was a success, XIV is a success. VIIR is a success. So don't worry about bankruptcy. The only time that was in in discussion was when they spend 100m on a flop of a film.

Ka-pi96 said:
Otter said:

I'm not sure if there is any reason to be concerned. 
-A different FFXV must have been in development before versus XIII took over in 2012
-FFXV was released in 2016 
-FFVIIR is a remake

All in all, it would be troubling if in the last decade they couldn't conceptualise and write an original story. In terms of finance, XV was a success, XIV is a success. VIIR is a success. So don't worry about bankruptcy. The only time that was in in discussion was when they spend 100m on a flop of a film.

It was actually a massive failure.

The remake of 14 was a success however.

Everybody has their pedantic moments. In a thread about Noaki Yoshida and his team, who were in charge of turning 14 around to what it is today, one should assume we mean the reborn version,as he was not in charge of the 1.0.  No need for that distinction.

no gundams is a great concept, i didn't know those japanese devs had it in em to resist their fetish

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Xxain said:

Everybody has their pedantic moments. In a thread about Noaki Yoshida and his team, who were in charge of turning 14 around to what it is today, one should assume we mean the reborn version,as he was not in charge of the 1.0.  No need for that distinction.

When there's a chance to have a pop at SE for their incompetence, it's always needed!

And I've no idea who Yoshida is.

Yoshida got in charge of the FF14 team after the bad launch. He had the task to fix the issues. While his team patched a few of the many problems, they made a plan to reset the whole game, because they noticed the bad was in a situation where they would not be able to fix all problems within years. So Yoshida told his supervisors his plans, and they agreed. The new FF14 team wrote an apocylyptic scenario for the story and used this events to reset the whole game. When the servers went online again with "Realm Reborn", the game ran without big problems (If I remember right they changed the engine) and became a huge success. 

Yoshida was brave enough to follow an idea with high risk and reboot an expensive project instead of fixing bugs and problems for years. He is very popular within the community, too. 

Xxain said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

You should play Final Fantasy 12. Final Fantasy 12 has story that feels like it was written by someone who used books and movies as an inspiration vs anime/Manga. I also still think FF12 is the benchmark for the series. Very slow beginning but once it starts it does not stop. You should also play FF14 as supposedly it also has a great story. 

Again FF16 is not being by BD1 which has the 2 terrible writers (Toriyama, Nomura)

I guess that makes me a bit more hopeful for XVI. And a really need to make time to play XII. So many people say it is outstanding. Thanks for the recommendation.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Xxain said:

I guess that makes me a bit more hopeful for XVI. And a really need to make time to play XII. So many people say it is outstanding. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have a few issues with it and would recommend go in with certain expectations.
-combat lacks active involvement. Its 90% pre strategy.
-story is very political and lacks personal investment from main cast. 
-The script although amazingly performed and written, is based on old english and doesn't hold back on how far they go with. Difficult to understand sometimes.

All in all, loved it :)

Otter said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

I have a few issues with it and would recommend go in with certain expectations.
-The script although amazingly performed and written, is based on old english and doesn't hold back on how far they go with. Difficult to understand sometimes.

You mad me want it more :) l

While I very much like active combat, it is not a must have as long as I can spend hours in the menue fine-tuning my strategy. And political and old english sounds really good.

I once tried XII but did not get into it. This was at a time where my english wasn't good enough for such endevours.

Now I wish I had more time for games. Still need to finish so many others. Next gen often starts slow. So perhaps I get lucky on years end and treat myself to XII.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Otter said:

You mad me want it more :) l

While I very much like active combat, it is not a must have as long as I can spend hours in the menue fine-tuning my strategy. And political and old english sounds really good.

I once tried XII but did not get into it. This was at a time where my english wasn't good enough for such endevours.

Now I wish I had more time for games. Still need to finish so many others. Next gen often starts slow. So perhaps I get lucky on years end and treat myself to XII.

The strategy preparation is basically one general for transversation and regular battle that you'll basically always leave there, and then depending on the boss or event you'll have to completely change your secondary setup;

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."