By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best remake of 2020 so far...

Best remake of 2020 so far...

Trials of Mana 10 20.00%

Final Fantasy VII 27 54.00%

Resident Evil 3 9 18.00%

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 4 8.00%

Total:50
SquirrelWhisperer said:
its ok to stone me to death for saying persona 5 royal was better than these. ff7 remake left a bad taste in my mouth after they took any punch there used to be out of sector 7 getting crushed. also fuck biggs and fuck wedge

Persona 5 Royal is not a remake.  It is essentially the same game as the base game, but more in kin with a game of the year edition with all DLC.  Even though Atlus has chosen to only release the extra content in the Royal Edition (which they have a tendency to do with that IP), it is still just the same game with more content that could have easily been DLC instead of the cash grab it is.

So while I agree with you that Persona 5 Royal is a better game than most, if not all, on this list...it has no place in the discussion as it is not a remake, but a rerelease with extra content.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Black Mesa, Valve approved fan remake of Half Life 1...technically it released for the first time back in 2012 as a mod (now it's full release on Steam), but it was only finished fully this year, with reworked and improved Xen section of the game (which is last part of HL1).

I'll go with RE3 it has really good replay value and on harder difficulties is a battle to survive to the end.

RolStoppable said:
Shiken said:

There is no reason to argue against facts.  It is not hard to understand the difference between rebuilding a game and simply porting over an existing game with HD textures to what is already there.  Not every remake has to stray from the source material and change up the gameplay to be considered what it is...a remake.

And what lot are you trying to associate me with?  I am just a gamer who owns and actively plays on every platform.  So please, spell it out for me.

No problem, Shiken. You are one of those people who suck Nintendo's cock way too much.

A week or so ago you would have called me a pony.  But I guess you are speaking for Hynad with that one.  🤣

I think I have been called a fanboy of every console maker at least once during my time on VGChartz.  And yes, that means someone at one point called me a bot.  I guess people just put me in whatever camp they feel like these days lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The one with this arrangement.

Around the Network

Haven't played Trials of Mana yet but it's gonna be hard to top Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Signature goes here!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
People does not know What a remake, people does not know What a reboot is, people does not know What a port / remaster is.

doesn't matter its all shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kirby007 said:

doesn't matter its all shit

Opinions, i AM playing ff9" remake" 🤡 on my PS4 and its amazing 

it deffo beats final fantasy 16

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kirby007 said:

it deffo beats final fantasy 16

I want to go to the future like you to compare ff9 with ff16

it would have been here if not for... you guessed it remakes

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
People does not know What a remake, people does not know What a reboot is, people does not know What a port / remaster is.

If you're going to do this. Then the correct way to say it is do not.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!