By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [STAFF ANNOUNCEMENT] New Moderators Summer 2020

Barozi said:
Many companies lay off employees due to Covid-19, VGC keeps hiring.

Well, with what they're paying me, they could afford it. XD

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Barozi said:
Many companies lay off employees due to Covid-19, VGC keeps hiring.

Well, with what they're paying me, they could afford it. XD

You don't have to tell me. I used to be a moderator too...

Congratz to everyone.

JWeinCom said:
kirby007 said:
i approve Jwijn who doesnt like wine

I actually really do hate wine O_O... Have I mentioned that before or was that just an oddly accurate joke?

i did a background check on all of ya :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
VAMatt said:
What this site needs is mods with a fair amount of restraint. I hope the new guys meet that criteria.

I'm going to defend the team here. More restraint is exercised than most will ever know. We are not perfect by any means, but we let a lot of things slide that wouldn't on other sites (or with previous mod teams ~ 2016 and prior). 

Of course, we appreciate the feedback and will work on improving ourselves where necessary, but not all things will see a brute force method of fix.

To be clear, I'm not trying to say anything negative about the current mod team.  The forums here are great, in large part due to the work that they do. We  I'm just sayin', as I have before, that I think this site would benefit from having slightly more permissive standards around what kind of comments are acceptable.  

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
VAMatt said:

To be clear, I'm not trying to say anything negative about the current mod team.  The forums here are great, in large part due to the work that they do. We  I'm just sayin', as I have before, that I think this site would benefit from having slightly more permissive standards around what kind of comments are acceptable.  

Example of said comment types?

I don't think I said that the right way.  What I mean is that (IMO, of course) the forums would benefit from rules being *slightly* less strictly enforced in general. I'm not so much asking for a change in policy as I am encouraging mods to err on the side of being too lenient.  

VAMatt said:
CGI-Quality said:

Example of said comment types?

I don't think I said that the right way.  What I mean is that (IMO, of course) the forums would benefit from rules being *slightly* less strictly enforced in general. I'm not so much asking for a change in policy as I am encouraging mods to err on the side of being too lenient.  

It's a tough balancing act.  On the one hand you can have a place like Neogaf that can kind of have a hive mind feel, and on the other you have the ign comments section.  I think we're generally in a good place. 

I don't think CGI is asking for details defensively, but it's kind of hard to change (or consider changing) without something a bit more concrete.  And if you don't have an example off the top of your head, post in the mod thread when one crops up.

Congratulations 🎊 :]

Valid choices,very active and stable members so good luck with all of the endeavours!

I knew something smelled and looked funny. New Mods! Congrats guys, you will all be fantastic assets to the community.

coolbeans said:
May CGI slowly drain away your youth & vigor until you're little more than feckless husks.

Congrats to new mods! ;)

We were already soulless husks to start with.

VAMatt said:

We take the context of the discussion as a really big aspect in moderation's... So a sly under-handed comment might go un-moderated if it was a once off, but if a user has a blatant history of doing it successively in a thread to derail or troll, we might pull them up on it.

There is allot of decision making that goes behind the scenes, moderators don't just go off on a ban-happy tangent, we discuss it with each other first.

Either way, not sure this is the right thread for this discussion, maybe the moderator thread would be a better place to discuss any concerns you may have? Or feel free to message me or any other moderator privately, we are all ears.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/224251/the-moderator-thread/1/

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--