By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Game Showcase May 7 at 8 AM PT

the-pi-guy said:

So next week event will be more of 3rd party event and partnership with 3rd party developer and the first party will be on June 

Around the Network

LETS GOOOOO. H Y P E.

Excited to finally see what games are coming. Let's see what it's capable of. 

The true show will be in summer, but I'm curious to see the first 3rd party Games, and I will stay tuned on May the 7th for sure. I'm excited about XSX.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I'm super pumped! Xbox has been knocking it out of the park with marketing so far. Showing us a steady stream of info and being clear on what it is. Waiting for the summer event is going to be agonizing, but I understand how things are taking a bit longer to get ready with everything going on.

I am usually entertained by Microsoft events like this, but it is only because my BS meter is fully turned on.  How many of these games will also come to XB1?  Will they overhype something no one cares about like "Minecraft in 4k"?  Will it have some gimmick like watching TV with a Kinect?  Will they invite cirque du soleil again and turn their show into a literal circus?

Basically, once you subtract off all of the BS, then how much actual content will they have?  I'm even going to be super generous to them this time.  They get half credit for any game that also comes to PS5 just as long as it doesn't come to a gen 8 system.  I'll even give them full credit for a Series X exclusive even if the game also comes to PC.  Games must also give a release date of 2021 or sooner to get any credit.  Again, I'm setting the bar really low this time, but usually Microsoft finds a way to limbo under my expectations.

Around the Network

Announce some Xbox related perks for these games and get the 3rd party out of the way. I’m looking forward to the 1st party showing but keeping an eye for AC Valhalla and Cyber

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I am usually entertained by Microsoft events like this, but it is only because my BS meter is fully turned on.  How many of these games will also come to XB1?  Will they overhype something no one cares about like "Minecraft in 4k"?  Will it have some gimmick like watching TV with a Kinect?  Will they invite cirque du soleil again and turn their show into a literal circus?

Basically, once you subtract off all of the BS, then how much actual content will they have?  I'm even going to be super generous to them this time.  They get half credit for any game that also comes to PS5 just as long as it doesn't come to a gen 8 system.  I'll even give them full credit for a Series X exclusive even if the game also comes to PC.  Games must also give a release date of 2021 or sooner to get any credit.  Again, I'm setting the bar really low this time, but usually Microsoft finds a way to limbo under my expectations.

If you think that majority of games announced at PS5 event won't also have PS4 version, you are gonna get disappointed. Devs are not stupid to leave 100m+ userbase behind, so PS4 will be supported for a really long time. Way longer than XB1 will.

derpysquirtle64 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

If you think that majority of games announced at PS5 event won't also have PS4 version, you are gonna get disappointed. Devs are not stupid to leave 100m+ userbase behind, so PS4 will be supported for a really long time. Way longer than XB1 will.

X1 will be supported for a long time to come also because of backwards compatibility and Game Pass.

derpysquirtle64 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sony is welcome to suck just as much as Microsoft does.  It's up to each company to decide if they want to give us a reason to buy their system or not.  "Here are a bunch of games also available on current systems."  That doesn't really make me want to buy a new one.  Games that are only available on a next gen system are what make people want to buy a next gen system.

Kind of disappointing we're not getting any first party footage. I know they're saving it for their showcase in June/July but I always envisioned it would have a mix of third/first party regardless. Like, a small teaser of gameplay for Halo: Infinite in May, followed by a huge gameplay demo for their next event.

Oh well. Bring on the next generation!