By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SPOILERS The Last Of Us P2 SPOILERS

keep in mind with these spoilers they dont cover the full game, so they might miss nuances

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I liked it. It is a very risky approach by ND but seems interesting going to the forbidden road, where everything goes "wrong".

I'm skeptical of changing protagonists midway through the game but I'd like to see how ND executes it. We're still missing a bunch of context, the evolution of semi linear worlds, gameplay intricacies (more verticality, new enemy AI), and those ridiculously fluid animations.

kirby007 said:
keep in mind with these spoilers they dont cover the full game, so they might miss nuances

How much nuance can there be in a new character nobody cares about beating an old one we love to death with a golf club?

psychicscubadiver said:
kirby007 said:

How much nuance can there be in a new character nobody cares about beating an old one we love to death with a golf club?

hours upon hours of build up hopefully?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:
Captain_Yuri said:
After watching the "Ending Scene," I must say... While I don't usually mind violence in movies/games and generally like them... Hot damn that shit is brutal!

The violence. graphic or not, doesn't annoy me nearly so much as the destruction of the characters from the original game. The gameplay of TLOU was just okay. It was the narrative and characters that made it good and now they're killing them to shove this new character down our throat?

Thank you whoever leaked this. You saved me $60 and a lot of anger.

Interesting that you say that because I always felt like Joel's character was actually destroyed on the first game. To me he became a villain at the end, worst than the very same people we spent the whole game fighting against. I'm actually glad that he ended up dying at the hands of someone close to those people he murdered.

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:

Because the bad guy wants revenge and your killcount is to high to be viewed as good anymore

I could name plenty of real life figures with much larger kill counts than Joel/Ellie that are still considered good. Include fictional characters and I could name a metric shit tonne.

Besides, morality is relative and to me at least Joel/Ellie were 100% the good guys from the first game.

Joel straight up murdered a bunch of UNARMED people while they were pleading for their lives.

shikamaru317 said:
theDX said:

lmao?????

I'm truly sorry if this offends somebody, but all I can think of seeing this image is "Revenge of the Angry Gamestop customer". I can hear the chanting of "It's not sir, it's ma'am!!" as the golf club hits Joel over and over.

Maybe Joel was infected and had to die? Or was there actually gameplay footage of this playing out?

Maybe Abby is batshit crazy on revenge and that's the point?

No idea how people can state x character isn't likeable when they know nothing about said character, see how they build the other sides perspective, action have consequences and rarely do we see those consequences come back to a past playable character. Joel was not a good person and had to pay for his sins. He lived a life of his own revenge after Sarah's death, his hate spread to his victims just the like virus spread cross the planet.

The pain/struggles of the world they've created shouldn't only be centered around Joel and Ellie, as a quote from Ellie in the first game "I've lost people too"