By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 18 April 2020 - PS4 and Xbox One Sales Up Year-on-Year

This might be the last week with the ps4 on top as each week passes the shortages for the switch are getting under control and the final fantasy VII craze is over as declining week two sales have shown so it might get one more week for the ps4 on top but then it switch steam ahead.

Around the Network

A $199 PS4 still has the potential to do wonders saleswise.

I guess sony still believe they don't need it and are fine as is. Probably them not wanting to complicate their manufacturing output any further being that the PS5 is right around the corner.

LatiosGames said:
This might be the last week with the ps4 on top as each week passes the shortages for the switch are getting under control and the final fantasy VII craze is over as declining week two sales have shown so it might get one more week for the ps4 on top but then it switch steam ahead.

If you ask me its a small miracle that a $299 7yr old console is still managing to be on top any week. I definitely wasn't expecting the PS4 to break 200k any week this year.

Intrinsic said:
LatiosGames said:

If you ask me its a small miracle that a $299 7yr old console is still managing to be on top any week. I definitely wasn't expecting the PS4 to break 200k any week this year.

That is true but key bundles can work wonders when you have a game that has basically wanted since the early days of the PS3

trunkswd said:
LatiosGames said:

That is true but key bundles can work wonders when you have a game that has basically wanted since the early days of the PS3

FF7R was going to move a decent amount of consoles at launch, even with the PS4 being so old. Though, PS4 sales are likely going to continue to drop this week, while Switch is starting to see more stock. Switch could outsell the PS4 worldwide this week, depending on how many units Nintendo is able to ship. 

that looks to be the case but here in the states in might still be in short supply due to scalpers and their bots.  This unless a giant PS4 exclusive game were to drop on the system will probably be the last time we will see the console on top.

Around the Network

Heh, numbers look kind of like a week in 2018. Well, except for the 3DS. Not even a global pandemic can help it at this point.

I think all 3 systems were adjusted up? PS4 is exactly 1 million higher than it was only about a week ago.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah it is a great weekly thread to have going. Though, it doesn't bring in nearly as much posts as it used to. But it takes time to turn things around. 

Once the next gen systems launch, that will change in a dramatic way!

Yup. Folks gonna be watching numbers like a hawk when next gen begins, vgc gonna get referenced by damn near every site looking to pull weekly traffic cause they have launch numbers from vgc. 

Last edited by loy310 - on 23 April 2020

Damm, 250k for a console that is $299/399 and 7 years old.

Intrinsic said:
LatiosGames said:

I also wasnt expecting a global pandemic to boost home consoles but here we are. 

Pocky Lover Boy!