By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch now at half of PS4 lifetime sales

curl-6 said:

Not only is it half of PS4 in just three years, but this is despite not having had a price cut yet, and being plagued by severe shortages for a significant chunk of its life, first throughout 2017 and now again this year.

I really think so many people are thoroughly and chronically underestimating the Switch, from the many examples I listed so far to the current claims that it won't reach 100 million. So far its pattern is one of constantly exceeding the forecasts of the doubters.

The PS4 had incredible legs that is still remained to be seen on SW.

The PS4 started MSRP a whole $100 higher than the SW and is still MSRP $299, just like the SW.

Your physical shortage line is nonsensical. SW has been on the market for nearly 36 months. Only a handful of those months have had shortages lmao

Yeah no. FY 19, Nintendo projected 20 million, then downcasted to 17 million and the SW did 16.95.

Around the Network
src said:
curl-6 said:

Not only is it half of PS4 in just three years, but this is despite not having had a price cut yet, and being plagued by severe shortages for a significant chunk of its life, first throughout 2017 and now again this year.

I really think so many people are thoroughly and chronically underestimating the Switch, from the many examples I listed so far to the current claims that it won't reach 100 million. So far its pattern is one of constantly exceeding the forecasts of the doubters.

The PS4 started MSRP a whole $100 higher than the SW and is still MSRP $299, just like the SW.

Your physical shortage line is nonsensical. SW has been on the market for nearly 36 months. Only a handful of those months have had shortages lmao

Yeah no. FY 19, Nintendo projected 20 million, then downcasted to 17 million and the SW did 16.95.

Hi Rick.

Nothing nonsensical about it at all, Switch shortages were well documented throughout 2017 due to shortages of necessary components and the current shortages are even worse due to disruptions to manufacturing and increased demand.

And Nintendo projected to sell 10 million Switches in FY 2018 yet ended up selling over 15 million, in a year dogged by shortages.

src= silly rick cliff?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

SpokenTruth said:
peachbuggy said:
src= silly rick cliff?

Likely. We're all treating him as such.

And notice that not once has he questioned why people suddenly have this nickname for him?

Yep he seems to be ignoring those comments. Hmmm...

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

curl-6 said:
src said:

Hi Rick.

Nothing nonsensical about it at all, Switch shortages were well documented throughout 2017 due to shortages of necessary components and the current shortages are even worse due to disruptions to manufacturing and increased demand.

And Nintendo projected to sell 10 million Switches in FY 2018 yet ended up selling over 15 million, in a year dogged by shortages.

Not sure why you typed that out when none of it is a response.

A few months of shortages is a tiny fraction out of three years. Your price point in comparison to PS4 also falls flat.

And I'm well aware of their FY predictions. Again does not prevent the fact you were wrong, as Nintendo missed their original projection by 3 million in FY 19.

SpokenTruth said:
peachbuggy said:
src= silly rick cliff?

Likely. We're all treating him as such.

And notice that not once has he questioned why people suddenly have this nickname for him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_a_negative

Around the Network

ye ye whatever pickle rick

thats not how the ps4 shortages were seen as either, when they were short on stock in japan last year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

src said:
curl-6 said:

Hi Rick.

Not sure why you typed that out when none of it is a response.

A few months of shortages is a tiny fraction out of three years. Your price point in comparison to PS4 also falls flat.

And I'm well aware of their FY predictions. Again does not prevent the fact you were wrong, as Nintendo missed their original projection by 3 million in FY 19.

It's curious you say that as your post where you initially quoted me does not seem to respond to mine in the first place.

FY 19 has absolutely no relevance to what I wrote in said post. I also never actually compared Switch to PS4 in terms of price cuts, I only referred to the Switch not having had one.

(And most of 2017 plus recent months isn't at all a "tiny fraction" of three years)

Did you maybe mix up my post with someone else's?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 April 2020