By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 11 April 2020 - Final Fantasy VII Remake, Switch Shortages

Yikes

Nice to know FF7R and the bundle did some nice work

Around the Network

Gotta love how right from the title you gotta drive the narrative instead of letting the conversation flow naturally - As if you needed to explain or excuse anything. No bias at all.
Either way im surprised for the PS4's small boost to be honest, considering the pandemic more than anything - but also - because you'd think the base audience for FF7 - or any game for that matter - already owns a PS4. With those sales numbers I didnt think any game could boost PS4 sales in any way, shape or form at this point, no matter how small said boost is. Then again, its probably just people buying a console to spend their quartantine. Whatever the case, good for everyone I guess. Im looking forward to the end of the year when things come back to normal. Im tired.

Switch should return to higher numbers next week

The PS4 isn't dead in Japan after all I guess you just need to get the games fans want to it. FFVII for JP is essentially the PS4's Swan Song. However this also confirms that world wide PS4 has reached near saturation at its current price. FFVII R is a heavy hitter, probably one of the most prestigious PS games of all time, yet it only hit 325K. But still, 325K for a 7 year old device is quite impressive even given market saturation.

Switch shortages are more apparent now then ever.

Jpcc86 said:
Gotta love how right from the title you gotta drive the narrative instead of letting the conversation flow naturally - As if you needed to explain or excuse anything. No bias at all.
Either way im surprised for the PS4's small boost to be honest, considering the pandemic more than anything - but also - because you'd think the base audience for FF7 - or any game for that matter - already owns a PS4. With those sales numbers I didnt think any game could boost PS4 sales in any way, shape or form at this point, no matter how small said boost is. Then again, its probably just people buying a console to spend their quartantine. Whatever the case, good for everyone I guess. Im looking forward to the end of the year when things come back to normal. Im tired.

Is there something wrong with including the main factors of the week in the thread? Some people might really not know what is happening in the week and having it in the title is nice

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
In line with expectations of the moment. Although, I don't see the Switch current situation lasting more than 2-3 weeks top. And with this, we see what is probably the last non-holiday push for the PS4 as I don't think any other games as the potential to push further than it has already.

Ghosts of Tsushima, and TLOU 2 comes to mind, one is on track for a late June release, and the other I just hope I get my damn hands on it sooner than later!

For the record, I’m one of those people who held off on buying a PS4 until FF7 Remake. I’m also not likely going to play anything else on it (and yes, I’ve done stuff like this before with Vita - which I literally just got for Xenogears handheld, PS3 for FF13, and Wii U kind of became that console for Earthbound and Xenoblade Chronicles X).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

well the switch is dead, that switch pro cant come soon enough

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

*Looks at Japan numbers for Switch*

So he finally found that cliff...neat.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

FFVIIR helped PS4 to almost double it sales compared to last week even if the system is still $299/399.

A $199/299permanent price cut could do wonders for the system.