By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Amazon France lists multiple Sony games for PC | Edit: Likely a false alarm

Only one I find unbelievble is GT sport, doesn't make sense this late in the games life and they're already slowing down support for it. Unless they want to get every last dim out of it before moving onto GT7.

But if these do end up being true then I'm going to seriously consider shifting to PC only next gen. No point on staying on console anymore if everything ends up on PC and runs better most of the time (Eventually runs better in some cases). Plus with Xbox already releasing everything on PC that's more incentive to move over. Only need Nintendo to join the party.

Around the Network

Yup, this is what I expected. If Sony wants to go big, this is one way to do it. That's not to say that they won't have exclusives that stay on PS4/PS5 because of course they will, but timed exclusivity mixed with later PC releases is something I feel Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo should be doing. You ultimately reach a larger audience by allowing more options and hey, yes this software can be cracked but the bulk of people who will want to play these games on PC will buy it within the launch week.

Edit: Welp now I'm hearing that these all may be mistakes/hacks. It's a shame if true.  

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 15 April 2020

think-man said:
Only one I find unbelievble is GT sport, doesn't make sense this late in the games life and they're already slowing down support for it. Unless they want to get every last dim out of it before moving onto GT7.

But if these do end up being true then I'm going to seriously consider shifting to PC only next gen. No point on staying on console anymore if everything ends up on PC and runs better most of the time (Eventually runs better in some cases). Plus with Xbox already releasing everything on PC that's more incentive to move over. Only need Nintendo to join the party.

Is it really that late into the life of GT Sport? I mean it literally could be four years before “GT7” comes out. 

I would love for Sony to go down Microsoft's route of supporting both PC and their own platform. I think a Playstation Portal for PC could do reasonably well. It would allow people to stay within Sony's ecosystem even if they don't want to buy the latest Playstation. Hopefully while also proliferating their software output. Microsoft is doing a lot of things right in my opinion (of course quality software doesn't appear magically on its own, but they are focusing on the right things), and I hope Sony is taking notice.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Last of Us 2. HOLY FUCK!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

LudicrousSpeed said:
think-man said:

Is it really that late into the life of GT Sport? I mean it literally could be four years before “GT7” comes out. 

I still play and follow the game alot, and the patches have slowed down alot in the past year in size/content and frequency. They already mentioned that they've shifted focus to GT7 some time ago aswell.  

think-man said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I still play and follow the game alot, and the patches have slowed down alot in the past year in size/content and frequency. They already mentioned that they've shifted focus to GT7 some time ago aswell.  

That’s true, I guess all that really matters in terms of the life of a title is continued support. Especially a GaaS title like GT Sport.

Well, there is a friend of mine that keeps saying that I must play Uncharted, because I would love it.

This may be my chance, if true.

With the Last of Us 2 here, I'm having trouble believing it. And it wouldn't be the first time that an amazon "leak" has led to nothing.
But as a mainly PC gamer, I certainly wouldn't mind if Sony started putting games on PC.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat