By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most useless part members in any party based RPG?

Wyrdness said:
Cait Sith has the most broken limit break in FFVII it one shots everything the's a difference between actually being useless and people not really using a character.

No one wants to use him because he sucks. Besides in modern ports of FFVII someone if they wanted to one-shot everything could just activate the cheat menu making Cait even more useless.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It annoys me how underpowered Marle was in Chrono Trigger. Late game, her healing becomes useless, and hear Heal II literally becomes redundant due to her Heal I reaching maximum power. She would have been better if she had a party healing, or Ice III. Her ultimate Bow is also weak, and is only slightly better and highly situational in the DS version.

That said, I have kept her in my party 99% of the time.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Kimahri from FFX 

Same.

Leynos said:

No one wants to use him because he sucks. Besides in modern ports of FFVII someone if they wanted to one-shot everything could just activate the cheat menu making Cait even more useless.

He doesn't though if he one shots everything in the game and quite easily at that than it objectively means he's not useless the last part of your post is also a fallacy as using cheats makes all characters useless. Objectively the character isn't useless he may not be to your liking but he isn't useless.

Mar1217 said:
Leynos said:

WRPG, SRPG, JRPG, ARPG anything as long as it's party-based. What do you feel was the most useless party member.

Tatsu-Xenoblade X

I like the Noppon in the Xenoblade universe. In Xenoblade 1,2 they have a lot of character. In X Tatsu serves one purpose. To run the same lame joke into the ground for 100 hours. He's not food and likes to eat food. That's it. Fuck Tatsu.

Tatsu isn't an active party members per say. Annoying ? Absolutely. But the guy's just a glorified NPC.

Gah, you're right. Been 5 years. Had so many Noppon in XB games I got em mixed up. He still sucks tho.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Donald from Kingdom Hearts

ratolmc said:
Donald from Kingdom Hearts

How would you find ingredients without him?

I go with Umaro from FFVI because he's uncontrollable and can only deal physical damage. Perhaps some players base their battle strategies around that and buff him like crazy but I never did that. Of course I pick him up whenever I play the game but I never use him.

You pretty much nailed it. The child characters in Infinive Undiscovery are pretty useless also plus they are pretty annoying.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Kimahri from FFX 

Is really really hard to have more reason than this

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.