By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most useless part members in any party based RPG?

Shadow1980 said:
Edward/Gilbart in FF4. The spoony bard had low attack power and no useful magic. He received some serious buffs in the 3D remake of the game as well as the sequel The After Years, but he was the least effective playable character in the original SNES game.

Kimahri in FF10. I never bothered using him except as a last-ditch measure. He felt so incredibly redundant.

I agree with kimari. btw, what is the anime from your signature gif?

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

Cait Sith- The main differentiating factor in FF7 is limit breaks, so naturally the character with the crap limit break is useless. Unless of course you're trying to manipulate it, but if you want to go that route, there are more effective ways to completely eliminate the game's challenge. Not to mention his role in the story makes just about no sense.

Aika Skies of Arcadia- The only reason to use her is because you have to. Actually my favorite character in the game, but she got majorly shafted with every other character getting better special moves. Only nice thing is that she can recover her own MP.

Khimari (FFX)- Just a lot of effort to get his limit breaks when none of them are all that good.

Thief and Red Mage from FF1 - because why use these classes?
Edge from FF4 - because seriously, if he dies in battle, it’s not important like it would be if Rydia, Cecil, Rosa, or Kain died.
Umaro and Gau from FF4 - they’re not needed and they are the least useful.
Aeris from FF7 - I have to be the one to say it, she’s a dead end.
The later FF games have generally useful characters due to wealth of customization options: so everyone in FF8 and FFX ends up being useful.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Kimahri from FFX 

/thread

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Sothe in Firem Emblem Path of Radiance. Crappy max stats. Exp is limited in that game, so that makes it worse. And of course you won't know unless you check a guide.

Druid class in Realms of Arkania: Star Trail. Can't use most weapons, bad at offense magic, bad at HP-recovering spells, requires hard to find herbs to use its MP-recovering skill...

Vincent isn't much better than Cait Sith in Final Fantasy VII. Becomes uncontrolable during his limit breaks, which deal low damage. At least his weapons are ranged, and has a max accuracy one.

Last edited by Player2 - on 15 April 2020

Around the Network

I agree with Cait Sith, but the worst for me is Quina from FF IX, it's a really annoying character.

Ka-pi96 said:
Eiko from FF9.

She comes pretty late into the game and is just a 2nd, inferior, white mage/summoner. Why use her when you already have a better option in that role? Amarant also fits for pretty much the same reason, but he looks cool at least. Eiko has nothing going for her.

Rol is right when he calls you a simpleton.

Frankly most Blue Magic users in Final Fantasy are bad/useless : Gau, Quistis, Quina, Khimari.

For Chrono Trigger, I always thought Magus was a bit disappointing because he doesn't combo with anyone unless you equip an item.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Frankly most Blue Magic users in Final Fantasy are bad/useless : Gau, Quistis, Quina, Khimari.

For Chrono Trigger, I always thought Magus was a bit disappointing because he doesn't combo with anyone unless you equip an item.

Quina is actually one of the most useful characters in IX in fact all characters in IX are well developed which is why speedruns of the games have many different routes for one look up the Night strategy with Quina it wipes out bosses.

SpokenTruth said:
JWeinCom said:
Cait Sith- The main differentiating factor in FF7 is limit breaks, so naturally the character with the crap limit break is useless. Unless of course you're trying to manipulate it, but if you want to go that route, there are more effective ways to completely eliminate the game's challenge. Not to mention his role in the story makes just about no sense.

Aika Skies of Arcadia- The only reason to use her is because you have to. Actually my favorite character in the game, but she got majorly shafted with every other character getting better special moves. Only nice thing is that she can recover her own MP.

Khimari (FFX)- Just a lot of effort to get his limit breaks when none of them are all that good.

Her Delta Shield is insanely useful late in the game.  Straight up blocks all magic attacks on the whole party and it's expedited so it takes effect immediately each turn. Aside from that though, pretty meh.

I haven't played the game in a while, but I don't remember magic being a huge threat.