By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Discussion - Staggering bosses! ( Boss fights are great spectacle but ugh)

Major Tip:

When going for the biker boy trophy if u get lower than 75% just restart at last battle and it will put right at the beginning of with a cool new character. Just keep trying to you get it!.

Around the Network

Chapter 4 is the biggest detour so far in a very pleasant way. Jessie reeeaaallllyyyy want the D so bad.

Is it better to play the game on easy, as i am hearing bosses or enemies are like bullet sponges. Also is it worth doing the side quests as i hear they aren't good. 

KratosLives said:

Is it better to play the game on easy, as i am hearing bosses or enemies are like bullet sponges. Also is it worth doing the side quests as i hear they aren't good. 

No and yes. 

The battle system is heavily centered around Staggering the enemy  (not the degree of FF13 though); once staggered maximum damage is done a health falls fast. Side quest are par with FFXV, not terribly excting but terribly terrible either. Some weapons/armor/Materia/ and reputation are gained through sidequest. Dont skip them. 

Currently on Chapter on 6 I think? Just got moogle summon. I am really enjoying the extended trip to Reactor 5. boss fights are overly chaotic in sometimes a not good way.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Currently on Chapter on 6 I think? Just got moogle summon. I am really enjoying the extended trip to Reactor 5. boss fights are overly chaotic in sometimes a not good way.

Boss fight sometimes overstay their welcome for sure. Especially when they render two of characters useless for a while because they decide to go out of melee range.

Signature goes here!

Xxain said:
JWeinCom said:

Ummmmm… yeah, of course I wanted to play the game.  Why else would I have bought it?  I just think I'd have waited under normal circumstances.

Right ( og response was better :} )

Anyways. Finished All the sidequest and manged to get Fira and Cura. That dog fight was something else ... mostly because I keep forgetting about the guard button. Doing all the side quest gets you the secret scene Tifa and speaking of Tifa, they are trying a little to hard her, "Dont you want to fuck me!?". 

Does she really say it?

EnricoPallazzo said:
Xxain said:

Right ( og response was better :} )

Anyways. Finished All the sidequest and manged to get Fira and Cura. That dog fight was something else ... mostly because I keep forgetting about the guard button. Doing all the side quest gets you the secret scene Tifa and speaking of Tifa, they are trying a little to hard her, "Dont you want to fuck me!?". 

Does she really say it?

She might as well. That goes double for Jessie. 

Ice Magic sucks. The damage only occurs during the shatter part of the animation so If you manage not to trap the enemy in the initial animation they can just waltz outta there. Makes dealing with seahorse enemies a pain, but on the flip side elemental lighting on Barret is a wash. 

Xxain said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Does she really say it?

Ice Magic sucks. The damage only occurs during the shatter part of the animation so If you manage not to trap the enemy in the initial animation they can just waltz outta there. Makes dealing with seahorse enemies a pain, but on the flip side elemental lighting on Barret is a wash. 

You can link the ice magic to your weapon to deal with those seahorses.

Immersiveunreality said:
Xxain said:

You can link the ice magic to your weapon to deal with those seahorses.

Yea I know. I gave Elemental to Barret because I find dealing with machines to be annoying because their Stagger gauge for the most part only increasing with Thunder magic to be the greater of annoyances.