By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Discussion - Staggering bosses! ( Boss fights are great spectacle but ugh)

I'm calling it now:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is NOT a remake, but a sequel to the original Final Fantasy and something from there is altering reality; That something is Genesis Rhapsodos..ya know the lose end from the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7. I think he is responsible for Clouds new ability.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Jessie her optional dialogue about the bombing in OG:"Think it was all because of my bomb? But all I really did was make it like the computer told me."

And later in the OG game shinra reveals that they have been playing into it all so it can be assumed that they were behind the bigger than expected explosion.

I don't think you understood my point. Read it again.

Why?

You said that avalanche did only damage the handle and that is the first of your errors,because they did disable the WHOLE reactor but Shinra made it go all spectacular boom.

Immersiveunreality said:
Xxain said:

I don't think you understood my point. Read it again.

Why?

You said that avalanche did only damage the handle and that is the first of your errors,because they did disable the WHOLE reactor but Shinra made it go all spectacular boom.

That is not point. That is why. The point I wanted to make was the lives that were lost from explosion was effectively takin off the hands of Avalanche in favor of having Shinra do it because they're bad. In the original that was not the case, Avalanche blew it up and the implication was innocent lives were lost but is seen as collateral for a greater good. Remake is trying to goodie Avalanche up when the original was very grim about it. 

Really wanted to wait till the price dropped on this one, but quarantine boredom got the best of me. Also, I temporarily am playing on a 60 inch TV as opposed to the 720p 32 inch I normally use, and I felt like this would be a better experience with a better screen.

JWeinCom said:
Really wanted to wait till the price dropped on this one, but quarantine boredom got the best of me. Also, I temporarily am playing on a 60 inch TV as opposed to the 720p 32 inch I normally use, and I felt like this would be a better experience with a better screen.

Or you just wanted to play the game like the rest of us. You even busted the better TV out for it.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
JWeinCom said:

Or you just wanted to play the game like the rest of us. You even busted the better TV out for it.

Ummmmm… yeah, of course I wanted to play the game.  Why else would I have bought it?  I just think I'd have waited under normal circumstances.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 12 April 2020

JWeinCom said:
Xxain said:

Ummmmm… yeah, of course I wanted to play the game.  Why else would I have bought it?  I just think I'd have waited under normal circumstances.

Right ( og response was better :} )

Anyways. Finished All the sidequest and manged to get Fira and Cura. That dog fight was something else ... mostly because I keep forgetting about the guard button. Doing all the side quest gets you the secret scene Tifa and speaking of Tifa, they are trying a little to hard her, "Dont you want to fuck me!?". 

Game asked me right off the bat if I wanted to invert my camera controls. 10/10

Xxain said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Why?

That is not point. That is why. The point I wanted to make was the lives that were lost from explosion was effectively takin off the hands of Avalanche in favor of having Shinra do it because they're bad. In the original that was not the case, Avalanche blew it up and the implication was innocent lives were lost but is seen as collateral for a greater good. Remake is trying to goodie Avalanche up when the original was very grim about it. 

Dude,yes i know what you meant by your original comment and i was not fighting it but it is just interesting information to know that in the OG game it could have been already considered canon.

Also do something about the spoilers in this thread,it is not spoilerfree.

Immersiveunreality said:
Xxain said:

Dude,yes i know what you meant by your original comment and i was not fighting it but it is just interesting information to know that in the OG game it could have been already considered canon.

Also do something about the spoilers in this thread,it is not spoilerfree.

There is no indication that Shinra had any involvement in blowing up Reactor 1 in the original. I'm positive its just them not want the lovable cast of FF7 to be responsible for innocent deaths anymore(Japan always does this).