By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Posts aren't registering spacing

Yes, I've constantly had that problem (space not working) ever since we switched to the new editor, over a year ago. Maybe 2 years now?
It gets fixed for me if I hit enter to create a new row, but often times I've already typed out a sentence or two without looking at the screen. And have to re-write it all over again. This issue persisted for me on both Chrome and Firefox.

It doesn't always happen though, and I still don't know exactly what triggers it.

Around the Network

@TalonMan yankees still suck gehehehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@kirby007 I am glaring at you! Yes, I am a Yankees fan.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:
Hi, when I post here now it doesn't accept spacing. I'll hit enter twice now to create a new paragraph [Enter] [Enter] But it all just comes out pressed into one big space-less paragraph. Using it on PC with Goggle Chrome for reference.

Is it fixed now?

Because obviously, the entire editor had taken a crap overnight - and now it's working. Or, are you still having an issue even with the editor working??

TalonMan said:
curl-6 said:
Hi, when I post here now it doesn't accept spacing. I'll hit enter twice now to create a new paragraph [Enter] [Enter] But it all just comes out pressed into one big space-less paragraph. Using it on PC with Goggle Chrome for reference.

Is it fixed now?

Because obviously, the entire editor had taken a crap overnight - and now it's working. Or, are you still having an issue even with the editor working??

Testing this for Curl!

Test

Test!

Looks good in the editor.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

It works again. It was a pain to add pictures this morning but I got it working in the end.

One thing I always get messed up with is when I paste stuff into the rich text editor, how do I get back to normal font? As a work around I now make sure to have a line of normal text lower down to pate things in between. Something as simple as bold will not turn off. Easier, paste it into notepad first, stripping it of all the html tags, then paste it on. However then some spaces disappear. Thank you red squiggly lines for pointing them out.

Shift+Return for 3 rows of text or more caused the issue, I believe. As far as I know this has happened for about 5+ years. Maybe since the beginning of VG-Time.

The work around I used was copying a space from another line, and then spaces worked fine.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

SvennoJ said:
It works again. It was a pain to add pictures this morning but I got it working in the end.

One thing I always get messed up with is when I paste stuff into the rich text editor, how do I get back to normal font? As a work around I now make sure to have a line of normal text lower down to pate things in between. Something as simple as bold will not turn off. Easier, paste it into notepad first, stripping it of all the html tags, then paste it on. However then some spaces disappear. Thank you red squiggly lines for pointing them out.

In some programs, Ctrl + Shift + V pastes without formatting. At least that's how it works on Windows.

trunkswd said:
TalonMan said:

Is it fixed now?

Testing this for Curl!

Test

Test!

Looks good in the editor.

You just did a triple entendre. 

"Testing this for Curl!"

cURL - Command line data transfer tool used for website responsiveness testing.
Curl - Website development programming language.
Curl - VGC user who raised the issue.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Yep, seems to be working perfectly again now, thanks heaps Talon!

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.