By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Thanks guys.
So World will be a tough target to beat in COMG preorders, but real world sales are another story then?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 October 2020

Around the Network

Given the much, much larger userbase, I'd say it's pretty much certain that Rise will beat MHW at retail in Japan. Maybe not first week sales, but definitely over time.

Based on that jump for Ring Fit (And to a smaller degree, Mario Kart), I'm guessing the Switch got more stock this week. I'm guessing somewhere in the 90-100k neighorhood.

curl-6 said:

Thanks guys.
So World will be a tough target to beat in COMG preorders, but real world sales are another story then?

Probably, though that's not a given.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks guys.

Do we have a number on how much World sold in Japan alone?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nautilus said:

The debut (first 3 days) was 1.35 million according to Famitsu (Not including digital).

It will be tough for Rise to beat it, but we still have a lot of time.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

The debut (first 3 days) was 1.35 million according to Famitsu (Not including digital).

I was thinking more lifetime sales. It's possible Rise could open lower but have better legs.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

What? Rise will crush World sales in Japan, first week and lifetime. It's worldwide that it will have trouble with. My prediction:

Monster Hunter Rise (Japan) FW - 2.5m, LT - 6m
Monster Hunter Rise (World) FW - 1.5m, LT - 3m

Nautilus said:
curl-6 said:
How high did MH World eventually reach, right before release?

Just a quick reminder that Nintendo games tend to be under represented in COMG, so they have a better ratio compared to other systems.

Oof, this again. Definitely not MH.

3DS

Monster Hunter X: 546

PS4

MH World: 855

curl-6 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I was thinking more lifetime sales. It's possible Rise could open lower but have better legs.

I was writing a long response when my computer decided to spaz out and I had to restart...

Basicly its at 2,5+ physical (confirmed) and should be close to 4 mil including digital (estimate based on the 2019 fiscal year report and Iceborne master edition sales since then).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat