By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

I really thought the Minecraft/Roblox look for the new Earth Defense Force game would help it sell on the Switch, but I guess not. Maybe the time for shooting giant insects is over in Japan, cause unless there are big changes this will be the lowest selling EDF game since the Xbox 360 exclusivity days.

Also I was massively, massively incorrect about Momotaro. I take the L there. Clearly Japan was thirsty for that train management/Monopoly game and excellent word of mouth has indeed produced much larger holiday sales than any other third party software has sold in Japan.

It really is weird though. Fishing Spirits, Taiko, and now Momotaro. The 3 massively successful third party software titles that basically only have any relevance in Japan.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 18 December 2020

Around the Network

COMG! is playing UNO right now

Monster hunter rise... up a tiny little bit

Thanks Monster Hunter Rise. Very considerate of you.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

19 NSW games out of 20 in the best selling department?

Yeah Cyberpunk is dropping off next week, will we see a 20/20?

Around the Network

Nice to see some signs of life in the charts again with several games getting new preorders.

Good to see the Switch EDF SKU join the chart. Another solid weekend gain for Rise.

Good day for MHR and Story of Seasons; finally another game with more than 10 points. Also happy that we got rid of the 1 point mafia, even just temporary...

Momotaro won't stop, probably getting to around 900k total in retail with Thursday's numbers.
Dat Cyberpunk drop, tho

Rune Factory 5 is doing quite well considering it's 5 months before it's release

With four games about to release and leave the chart, the 1 point mafia may be about to return.