By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Megiddo said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

It should already be close or beat 1M sales this year.

Also, 2-3k a week is when you are at the bottom. If you're more in the middle, you're actually closer to 8k a week. One year at that speed is worth over 400k sales.

Hahaha, wow. 1 million for Momotaro in just this year? At the end of 2020?

So uh, with it debuting around 300-350k this week you're expecting 650-700k in the remaining 5 or 6 weeks?

Megiddo said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Don't forget this is the holiday season, sales will drop rather slowly week over week.

What 3rd party title has had any kind of remote holiday success like that on Switch? Even Dragon Quest couldn't manage to do that in the holidays. And Momotaro is nowhere near the IP that Dragon Quest is.

If it were a Nintendo published game, I'd totally agree with you because the data backs up that reasoning. However there is no data that backs up anything of what you're saying when it comes to 3rd party software performance on Switch during the holidays. The big software holiday sellers will be Ring Fit Adventure and Animal Crossing.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243865/momotaro-dentetsu-nsw-update-2-15-million-units-sold/1/#19

I was lowballing it already with just 1M, but you were way off here. Like we tried to tell you, it didn't need a precedent on the Switch to sell well.

About the bolded part: Looks like it ascended to DQ levels in Japan now.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

With four games about to release and leave the chart, the 1 point mafia may be about to return.

Imagine if we manage someday to see the uncharted void of no pre-ordered games 

Before that happens, they will either close down or cut the charts down to 10

Rise is rising, and the one point mafia is back in town.

The appearance of GnH shows how close that 0 is.

Hopefully we're soon out of that 1 point area...

Around the Network

I think that's the highest Holiday week on COMG for the Switch, last year the highest it achieved was 530 points+, this year it's close to 800...

Having Christmas Eve on a thursday and going into the weekend afterwards likely benefited the Switch a lot. Last year the biggest week was missing the 23rd and 24th. The same will likely be true for New Years.

wow, seems like Momotaro will be HUGE ... last week 129 points was 209k sales. Looking forward to next numbers even if we have to wait a bit longer^^

Huge Christmas week incoming. I'm not ruling out the Switch still having a shot at those 6M in Japan for this year with those numbers

This will definitely be a 300k + week for Switch. It needs 321k for 6 millions in japan and I think this is achievable. I mean even if it doesnt totally reach it, it will still have sold pretty much 6 million in a whole year.