By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Kai_Mao said:

I do wonder if there will be any game on PS5 in the future that reach close to these COMG numbers that Splatoon 3 and Pokemon S/V are reaching. Not to say COMG numbers are everything but it’s amazing to see these numbers in the current Japanese market.

Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter could do it, though probably the PS5 would need quite a bit more install base before it could achieve that feat.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kai_Mao said:

I do wonder if there will be any game on PS5 in the future that reach close to these COMG numbers that Splatoon 3 and Pokemon S/V are reaching. Not to say COMG numbers are everything but it’s amazing to see these numbers in the current Japanese market.

Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter could do it, though probably the PS5 would need quite a bit more install base before it could achieve that feat.

Dragon Quest I can see if it’s Switch/PS4/5. If it’s without the Switch and PS4, then I’m not sure. Switch (and Nintendo in general) has a strong Dragon Quest audience and the PS4, despite its waning sales, is still able to sell some software. Monster Hunter I can see once World 2. But, as you said, the install base for the PS5 would have to be significantly better than it is right now.

Seems Splatoon 3 got exactly 100 points in the last 8 days, huge boost from the pace it was going at before.
If it kept that same pace for the remaining time it would finish around 660.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Seems Splatoon 3 got exactly 100 points in the last 8 days, huge boost from the pace it was going at before.

If only there was a new Splatoon direct and Obon holiday every week then.

Megiddo said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

If only there was a new Splatoon direct and Obon holiday every week then.

If only there was a Splatfest World Premiere coming up... If only marketing kept ramping up...

Around the Network

Wow spaltoon, calm down!

theDX said:

Comparison with Animal Crossing: New Horizons (1.88m opening) and Pokemon Legends Arceus (1.42m):

? @Farsala

For Splatoon 2 Comg had opened up preorders before any other retailer. That's why it got so many preorders. This is also why it's better to compare Splatoon 3's preorders to other games that opened above 1mil.
Splatoon 3 is obviously going to sell double of what Splatoon 2 sold week one physically. Even if Splatoon 2 ends up with more preorders on Comg.

It’s going to be interesting to see which games enter the charts once the games releasing on Friday exits.

Switch software is exploding