By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look af the PS5 controller. The DualSense

Dig it?

Yay 90 69.23%

Nay 40 30.77%

Total:130
RidingMower said:
I really like the looks of it and can tell just by looking at it that it that it is likely going to be really comfortable and quiet while using it. Can tell they paid attention to user friendly features as well as the ergonomics. One feature that has been overlooked is that this new controller has O-ring gaskets that the shell of the controller has that's housing those analog sticks. That is new, and looks to be there to silence the click-clack that occurs during play.

Well, isolating the control so no dust enter is very good decision.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

How about that one?

GoOnKid said:

How about that one?

It is great and was posted around 150 count, so many good versions =] most better than the original.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

EricHiggin said:
EricHiggin said:

If the shapes are clear and the LED light glows through, that would kick ass. Maybe it's optional? Gamers have been asking SNY for the option to shut off the DS4 light bar. Maybe all the lights can be shut off on the DS5? The directional arrows on the D-Pad also look to be the same, if they are transparent.

The illuminated buttons idea looks pretty cool in this mock up.

Id get that at 100

GoOnKid said:

How about that one?

Something tells me that this controller along with a new Spiderman from insomniac..... would move a few units.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
the-pi-guy said:

Even some journalists don't understand what the adaptive triggers are. It's not haptics like the Xbox Triggers. 

My understanding is that the Xbox triggers have traditional rumble motors in them, they are fairly advanced rumble motors with multiple modes, but definitely rumble motors, these can give a nice bit of haptic feedback, allowing you to feel rumble each time you pull the trigger in a shooter, or feel different road surfaces with different rumble modes in racing games. DualSense triggers have voice coil actuators inside of them, that are designed to adjust the force the triggers impart on the fly. The example that was given was pulling back a bow string, much like how a real compound bow gets harder to pull back the farther you pull it, until you reach the sweet spot at full draw where less force is required, the DualSense triggers can emulate that, increasing the force needed to push the the triggers the further you push it down. The haptics in the DualSense are in the grips, not the triggers. The two work together to provide a more advanced level of haptics than the Xbox controller can provide. 

this is the right definition of two haptic feedback systems used in the respective controllers.. DS4 and Xbox one controller uses very fined tuned motors to imitate haptics but still those are rumble motors and Xbox uses extra smaller unbalanced motors  near the triggers.

Dont want to repeat what Shikamaru stated.. But to put it in layman terms.. the difference in vibration will be similar to Android Haptic Feed back vs Iphone taptic engine.. One uses android uses motors and iphone uses Linear resonant actuator. So just like Iphone vibration on DualSense will be far Superior to xbox

P.s. This argument is similar to 3D HRTF audio vs Dolby atmos.. which many people think are the same.  

Denial : it's an April fool joke
Anger : It's ugly as ****
Bargaining : Look at all those fanbase controller color / is there buttons under the controller
Depression : Why 2 tones Sony :(
Acceptance : (finally after 3 days) controller look cool. I can't wait to see the ps5

I think it's a great looking controller and I'm glad Sony is taking some chances with it, while maintaining core ideas of the DualShock line.

the-pi-guy said:

Even some journalists don't understand what the adaptive triggers are. It's not haptics like the Xbox Triggers. 

I just read  IGN article about comparison between Dual Sense and Xbox Controller, i am baffled why they cannot understand the difference. I can understand if teh one who made the article are amature or small game news company, but IGN is different. 

I looks similar to the Switch Pro in terms of shape, so should be fairly comfy. I think it's a bit ugly, but I have unusual taste.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7