By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

Xxain said:
JWeinCom said:

Seriously?  I think he did like 13 for me.  Is there a harder difficulty I missed, or are you thinking of squats?

You most likely only did Andrea. Just like Squats there are 2 more difficulties a Jules is like you cant fuck up once. He does no less than 40.

Ah.  Cool.  I only did Andrea.  I was wondering why you'd have trouble with that XD.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Quite the dilemma.

The pull up challenge is quite difficult. Has anybody done it and have any tips? (anything you did that worked). I don't want to leave chp 14 until I get this done(want hard play through just to be dealing with hard mode and nothing else).

Currently I am grinding the coliseum 3 man battle (great grind spot for exp and AP) and I have went from level 31 - 41 for all characters and most of my Materia being Maxed (fuck blue materia). Gonna run out of chores soon...

Its been a while but it took me a few to beat him. It starts slow but after 3 maybe 4 pull ups you can push them buttons in order as fast as you can and of course you cant make any mistake

Finally beat the asshole 48 to 41. Few words.

Mini games in Final Fantasy, actually all RPG's, are a a fun way to break away from the real game and they should be stress relievers not creators. This mini game, for the in game reward (another champion belt) and for what is a bronze trophy for completionist, should not have been that challenging. Can you believe that this trophy for a mini game is lookin to be the hardest one in entire game? A mini game ... being the hardest trophy in the game.

My characters are level 45 now, so I'm just the grind rest out before moving on the next chapter.

Ka-pi96 said:
Xxain said:

Mini games in Final Fantasy, actually all RPG's, are a a fun way to break away from the real game and they should be stress relievers not creators. This mini game, for the in game reward (another champion belt) and for what is a bronze trophy for completionist, should not have been that challenging. Can you believe that this trophy for a mini game is lookin to be the hardest one in entire game? A mini game ... being the hardest trophy in the game.

My characters are level 45 now, so I'm just the grind rest out before moving on the next chapter.

The series has history of that though.

The skipping mini-game trophy is the hardest one in FF9. And the lightning dodging one is the hardest in FF10.

I forgot about all FFX's mini games (cactuar, final chocobo race, lighting dodge). In their favor though, at least the reward is worth it. You get a champion belt from squats and can steal one from the bandit dudes. Hardly anything special. 

deskpro2k3 said:
okay here is my no bullshit 1min review.

Currently playing FF7R in Hard mode. I don't know why but I think because of the increase difficulty the combat feels much more smooth, like it's forcing me to anticipate the next move because as soon as I make Cloud do an ability I've already switched to Barret while thinking about what to do next with Aerith. Equipping materia and coming up with the best combinations is a big plus that makes the quality of life in the game much easier, and it gives me that nostalgic feeling of the original.

There are things that FF7R have done extremely well, like there is parts that went beyond perfection, but not all of the Remake is perfect. Some parts have twist, and turns, and then it slows down a little and then it speeds up again. I won't lie, some parts was even emotional. Still I feel SE have really made a come back to making good Final Fantasy games again. This is miles ahead of their previous title in my opinion.

The combat is good, but that is not the only thing I care about, it's also the lore, music, the characters, and the storyline which is equally important. Yes, the ending took an unexpected turn, which have me eagerly awaiting for the next twist. The low parts of FF7 Remake is not enough for me to dislike any aspect of the game.

My score: Buy at full price.

Completely agree. Not just miles ahead of their one previous title... 

I feel like Hard mode is the way to play the game, it's so challenging and gratifying at the same time. Some of the bosses are insane this way, especially when you have had to manage your mana throughout the chapter. It even feels like they have added more phases or skills at times. Hell House is so much fun!

Around the Network
Xxain said:

There is absolutely no need to grind from there, just move on already :)

Xxain said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The skipping mini-game trophy is the hardest one in FF9. And the lightning dodging one is the hardest in FF10.

I forgot about all FFX's mini games (cactuar, final chocobo race, lighting dodge). In their favor though, at least the reward is worth it. You get a champion belt from squats and can steal one from the bandit dudes. Hardly anything special. 

I do hope the next main final fantasy game bring us another cardgame,really enjoyed those.

Just curious, when they fight the ghosts at the end, how do they know they are fighting ghosts that trying to keep the same timeline?

Ka-pi96 said:
Xxain said:

Lightning dodging is easy, just long and boring. The final chocobo race where you have to get under 0.0 sec on the other hand is hell.

Signature goes here!

Ka-pi96 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lightning dodging is easy, just long and boring. The final chocobo race where you have to get under 0.0 sec on the other hand is hell.

I find it the other way around. I've done the chocobo race easily many a time. I don't think I've ever even gotten over 10 on the lightning dodging though.

Wish we could trade saves then. You do the chocobo for me and I do the lightning for you.

Signature goes here!