By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

okay here is my no bullshit 1min review.

Currently playing FF7R in Hard mode. I don't know why but I think because of the increase difficulty the combat feels much more smooth, like it's forcing me to anticipate the next move because as soon as I make Cloud do an ability I've already switched to Barret while thinking about what to do next with Aerith. Equipping materia and coming up with the best combinations is a big plus that makes the quality of life in the game much easier, and it gives me that nostalgic feeling of the original.

There are things that FF7R have done extremely well, like there is parts that went beyond perfection, but not all of the Remake is perfect. Some parts have twist, and turns, and then it slows down a little and then it speeds up again. I won't lie, some parts was even emotional. Still I feel SE have really made a come back to making good Final Fantasy games again. This is miles ahead of their previous title in my opinion.

The combat is good, but that is not the only thing I care about, it's also the lore, music, the characters, and the storyline which is equally important. Yes, the ending took an unexpected turn, which have me eagerly awaiting for the next twist. The low parts of FF7 Remake is not enough for me to dislike any aspect of the game.

My score: Buy at full price.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Not really a spoiler but just in case I'm right.

Spoiler!
Is Kyrie Yuffie?

Xxain said:

Spoiler!
Is Kyrie Yuffie?

No. She's the main character from the novel Final Fantasy VII The Kids Are Alright: A Turks Side Story.

Last edited by Hynad - on 25 April 2020

Xxain said:

Spoiler!
Is Kyrie Yuffie?

I can see some similarities in personality, but certainly not.  

JWeinCom said:
Xxain said:

Spoiler!
Is Kyrie Yuffie?

I can see some similarities in personality, but certainly not.  

End of quest kills that theory 

Around the Network

The pedometer Materia will turn into a AP up material that will double AP of whatever is linked to; that includes every color (usually it only links with green) Do the 3 man arena fight and that is a 100 AP per session.

Quite the dilemma.

The pull up challenge is quite difficult. Has anybody done it and have any tips? (anything you did that worked). I don't want to leave chp 14 until I get this done(want hard play through just to be dealing with hard mode and nothing else).

Currently I am grinding the coliseum 3 man battle (great grind spot for exp and AP) and I have went from level 31 - 41 for all characters and most of my Materia being Maxed (fuck blue materia). Gonna run out of chores soon...

Xxain said:
Quite the dilemma.

The pull up challenge is quite difficult. Has anybody done it and have any tips? (anything you did that worked). I don't want to leave chp 14 until I get this done(want hard play through just to be dealing with hard mode and nothing else).

Currently I am grinding the coliseum 3 man battle (great grind spot for exp and AP) and I have went from level 31 - 41 for all characters and most of my Materia being Maxed (fuck blue materia). Gonna run out of chores soon...

With the pull ups, just don't make any mistakes, try to keep the momentum going, and hope that he falls down twice.

I beat him 43 to 42. 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Xxain said:
Quite the dilemma.

With the pull ups, just don't make any mistakes, try to keep the momentum going, and hope that he falls down twice.

I beat him 43 to 42. 

Seriously?  I think he did like 13 for me.  Is there a harder difficulty I missed, or are you thinking of squats?

JWeinCom said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I beat him 43 to 42. 

Seriously?  I think he did like 13 for me.  Is there a harder difficulty I missed, or are you thinking of squats?

You most likely only did Andrea. Just like Squats there are 2 more difficulties a Jules is like you cant fuck up once. He does no less than 40.