By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

Only a few hours in but man the game hits a brick wall after a good first 90 minutes. You can tell they've thrown in a bunch of padding to stretch the game out. Disappointing. Running around looking for a kid's cats ... c'mon. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
JWeinCom said:

I wouldn't go as far to say they nailed it.  I'm hesitant to judge it completely, because I'm halfway through, and the battles are definitely starting to require more strategy, so I'll see how that progresses.  But so far I'm able to make it through mostly with the basic strategy of attack and heal when necessary.  It's a solid foundation but there's some room for improvement.  I'll see if the later bosses require more actual strategy.

Wait until you play on the hard difficulty. That is where the battle system’s depth shines.

But brace yourself. This is no pushover!

TBH that's probably not going to happen at least for a while.  Again, I'm liking the game alot so far, but unless I really love a game, it's really unlikely that I'll play it again on a harder level.  I think the last game I did that for was Bayonetta 2 back on the Wii U.    Actually no, I did that for Spider-man more recently.

I may want to play this again once the third (I hope there aren't more than three) game hits and I can play the whole thing through, and maybe then I'll try it on hard then.  

JWeinCom said:
Hynad said:

Wait until you play on the hard difficulty. That is where the battle system’s depth shines.

But brace yourself. This is no pushover!

TBH that's probably not going to happen at least for a while.  Again, I'm liking the game alot so far, but unless I really love a game, it's really unlikely that I'll play it again on a harder level.  I think the last game I did that for was Bayonetta 2 back on the Wii U.    Actually no, I did that for Spider-man more recently.

I may want to play this again once the third (I hope there aren't more than three) game hits and I can play the whole thing through, and maybe then I'll try it on hard then.  

The hard mode brings more than just a new difficulty spike.

I’ll leave it at that.

Hynad said:
JWeinCom said:

I’ll leave it at that.

I got a pretty big back log.  Unless Tifa jumps out of the screen and becomes a real girl with low standards when you beat it on hard, I'm probably not replaying for a while.

JWeinCom said:
Hynad said:

I’ll leave it at that.

I got a pretty big back log.  Unless Tifa jumps out of the screen and becomes a real girl with low standards when you beat it on hard, I'm probably not replaying for a while.

Can you believe people got upset because they supposedly downsized her boobs?Some clickbait youtubers that assume too much made vids about FF7 going "woke''because of it.

I will just be replaying the whole thing when the last part comes out on ps5,we can expect development time to be shorter for the following parts.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

Can you believe people got upset because they supposedly downsized her boobs?Some clickbait youtubers that assume too much made vids about FF7 going "woke''because of it.

I will just be replaying the whole thing when the last part comes out on ps5,we can expect development time to be shorter for the following parts.

People who complain about "social justice warriors" are often worse than the thing they're complaining about.  

JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:

People who complain about "social justice warriors" are often worse than the thing they're complaining about.  

There are some valid complains about extremist people that are considered "social justice warriors'' by a certain group but like usual people take that to the extreme themselves and suddenly nitpick every little thing and they themselves become those they think they're ''fighting''.

Extreme onesided thinking goes both ways and looking for in-betweens remains difficult for folks.

Ontopic: I do like Tifa her personality in this game,also FF7 remake feels like a bit like a dating sim but without an interested dude.

I'm glad to see reviews of people that played the game and posted valid criticism of the game and still liked it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Immersiveunreality said:
JWeinCom said:

There are some valid complains about extremist people that are considered "social justice warriors'' by a certain group but like usual people take that to the extreme themselves and suddenly nitpick every little thing and they themselves become those they think they're ''fighting''.

Extreme onesided thinking goes both ways and looking for in-betweens remains difficult for folks.

Ontopic: I do like Tifa her personality in this game,also FF7 remake feels like a bit like a dating sim but without an interested dude.

Yeah even Sephiroth looks like he's really into Cloud.

Signature goes here!

Soundwave said:

Only a few hours in but man the game hits a brick wall after a good first 90 minutes. You can tell they've thrown in a bunch of padding to stretch the game out. Disappointing. Running around looking for a kid's cats ... c'mon. 

Optional side quest is optional?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android