By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

TruckOSaurus said:
Immersiveunreality said:

There are some valid complains about extremist people that are considered "social justice warriors'' by a certain group but like usual people take that to the extreme themselves and suddenly nitpick every little thing and they themselves become those they think they're ''fighting''.

Extreme onesided thinking goes both ways and looking for in-betweens remains difficult for folks.

Ontopic: I do like Tifa her personality in this game,also FF7 remake feels like a bit like a dating sim but without an interested dude.

Yeah even Sephiroth looks like he's really into Cloud.

Cloud dresses up like a sexy woman and has a sexy, sensual dance-off with an androgynous man on stage as girls dressed as bees fondle him. I love that this game has the guts to go that route without any reservations. 

I feel validated and it makes me happy. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Only a few hours in but man the game hits a brick wall after a good first 90 minutes. You can tell they've thrown in a bunch of padding to stretch the game out. Disappointing. Running around looking for a kid's cats ... c'mon. 

Secondary quests are utter shit in this game. better forget about them.

Soundwave said:

Only a few hours in but man the game hits a brick wall after a good first 90 minutes. You can tell they've thrown in a bunch of padding to stretch the game out. Disappointing. Running around looking for a kid's cats ... c'mon. 

Its a side quest. You don't have to do it. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
You dont have to do it yes but i can call them shit because they are shit, square shoved this game with pointless forgettable Trash things that instead of improving the game made it worse, There is some thing in this game that makes you scratch your head and think What kind of idiots are making decisions on mainline final fantasy games.

I never seen a game like ff7 remake where you can go from a polished section a portion of a chpter and the Next portion shit dialogue and unpolished.

Game have the best characters models this GEN but then the environment grande graphics go from good textures, to average, to shit and sometimes they dont even have textures and look worse than N64 graphics.

Some chapters are a fucking corridor that barely have enemies . How the fuck they can make something like the honeybee portion and after some chapters giving US that section with barret só. Its like 2 teams made this game and One of the team is great and other is shit.

http://novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-wanted-to-turn-final-fantasy-xv-into-a-musical/

"Tetsuya Nomura was so moved by the recent film adaptation of Les Miserables, he was dead set on turning FFXV into a musical.

Speaking with IGN, Nomura confessed his love for the film and films in general – saying the morning after he saw it he stormed into the Square Enix offices intent on converting it into an epic musical."

Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s launch the third biggest launch for a PS4 exclusive,

behind Marvel’s Spider-Man and God of War, which tracked 3 million and 2.4 million players at launch respectively.

https://gamingbolt.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-reportedly-had-2-3-million-players-in-first-3-days

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
You dont have to do it yes but i can call them shit because they are shit, square shoved this game with pointless forgettable Trash things that instead of improving the game made it worse, There is some thing in this game that makes you scratch your head and think What kind of idiots are making decisions on mainline final fantasy games.

I never seen a game like ff7 remake where you can go from a polished section a portion of a chpter and the Next portion shit dialogue and unpolished.

Game have the best characters models this GEN but then the environment grande graphics go from good textures, to average, to shit and sometimes they dont even have textures and look worse than N64 graphics.

Some chapters are a fucking corridor that barely have enemies . How the fuck they can make something like the honeybee portion and after some chapters giving US that section with barret só. Its like 2 teams made this game and One of the team is great and other is shit.

http://novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-wanted-to-turn-final-fantasy-xv-into-a-musical/

"Tetsuya Nomura was so moved by the recent film adaptation of Les Miserables, he was dead set on turning FFXV into a musical.

Speaking with IGN, Nomura confessed his love for the film and films in general – saying the morning after he saw it he stormed into the Square Enix offices intent on converting it into an epic musical."

Without seeing the end result we can't be sure if the game would be bad if "turned into a musical". Even theater rythm is considered a good game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Airbuster bossfight sucked. I swear the stagger gauge is .... staggered in boss fights as not to allow skipping of phases. This is why I usually dislike bossfights with phases.

Xxain said:
Airbuster bossfight sucked. I swear the stagger gauge is .... staggered in boss fights as not to allow skipping of phases. This is why I usually dislike bossfights with phases.

I just hate the stagger system in-general.  It should have died with FFXIII along with Toriyama's love for corridors.

I'm happy that this game is receiving great reviews. I won't be playing this game till the PS5 version, though. Sadly, because of recent events (earthquakes and Coronavirus), I haven't been able to play with my PS4 and probably won't be able to play it anytime soon.

Loving the game so far, currently on chapter 9. The gameplay and main missions are great, and the combat is a perfect blend of old school turn based and action based IMO. The side quests are generic overall, but the rewards are nice at least.

One gripe I have however is the inconsistent visual presentation. A lot of the time, it is breathtaking and a sight to behold. But also in many instances, that presentstion will be cut down by low res texture assets that look like they could go several generations back. Non essential NPCs look like PS3 models, many doors look like PS2 callbacks at best, and when flower beds are zoomed in on (in cutscenes no less) they look blocky and pulled straight off the N64. For the most part the game looks great especially in action. However the inconsistencies are too plentiful not to call out.

The plot is an interesting alternate take with its own canon, and I think it is better that way. Not a better story overall, but better in the sense that we really don't know how events will play out. The major plot points of the original serve as a strong foundation, and is built upon, expanded, and reimagined in a way that the word REMAKE in the title really does not fit. It is very much a reboot in an alternate reality separate from the original, and I love it. And to all the purists, calm down. There is plenty of room for both versions in this world, and the core concept of the characters and world is intact.

Unless something drastic happens later on, I feel this game is an 8.5/10 for me. It is a great game and a blast to play, but there are a few things that hold it back from that 9 or higher.

Last edited by Shiken - on 19 April 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261