By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

At least the people who actually bought the game can't tell a lie, so I'm relieved.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 12 April 2020

Around the Network

Oh, not even the great Spiderman was 5 stars.

It may be needless to say, but this game seems to be selling quite well from the number of reviews.

@Oneeee-Chan!!! Was necesary to create four different posts for that? I think you could have merged everything into a single post...

Also yes: people that bought the game can and will lie about its quality if they have to in order to convince themselves that their hype, money and waiting was not in vane or to protect their beloved most anticipated game of all time from being "bullied" by people who criticize it. It's pretty ridiculous, but it happens.

Now, I'm not saying that most or even a lot of the people who scored the game on the PS Store is lying. I'm just saying that they CAN lie.

It's the best remake I've ever played.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Just finished Chapter 4 and now that I've got a better handle on the battle system, I'm really digging it. The side missions that involve fighting and learning the game's systems are really enjoyable. The finding cats one was okay, at least they made them easy to find. What I'm not digging is the spooky ghosts bullshit, but I can ignore it for now.

You say that, but...no, not really. I personally love where the game is going with them, but you definitely cannot ignore them.

I really don't like them because it's the dumbest plot device ever. They're ghosts who want the main characters to follow the same previous path but by showing their stupid faces they're making sure that it doesn't happen. The defeat their own purpose.

Other than that the game is fantastic. Best FF gameplay since X.

Signature goes here!

I'm calling it now:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is NOT a remake, but a sequel to the original Final Fantasy and something from there is altering reality; That something is Genesis Rhapsodos..ya know the lose end from the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7. I think he is responsible for Clouds new ability.

Wyrdness said:
haxxiy said:

The more I think about the...

It's best just to see the game as a reboot and that it's a new game that goes its own route end of the day whatever anyone's opinion is on the direction they've chosen it's still great fun to play which hopefully remains consistent in future games even if the writing become more questionable.

That's a fair point, even though, like you said, the worst is likely yet to come (as per every time Square Enix creates direct sequels and spin-offs to tjheir games).

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

Not to forget that this is at least a trilogy and a company that want to stay on the market so lying and deceiving customers isn't how they would plan to make this a success.

But will it really be a trilogy? Sorry I dont know if they stated it at some point. The fact they didnt advertise it as pt1 or something like that makes me wonder if it is set in stone that square will deliver the rest of the game, whatever thay rest may be. What if it does not sell as expected? Im curious, lets see what is going to happen.

They haven't said how many parts, they said "we didn't decide yet". I'm betting on at least 3 parts because of the cut to being only midgar, having 3 CDs, etc.

One thing I have to say is that depending on backlash, sales and critics they may not even keep going for the rest of the games and we can give kudos to people moaning =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Combat needed a Gambit system, with a Gambit system would BE perfect because your team mates are useless and do nothing. Boss fights are superb.
Game is super Linear so far and i AM extremely sad about the super unpolished sections like the slums. Square was all about pushing graphics, this is a game done just for PS4 , how the fuck in 2020 we get PS2 texturas all Over the place, sometimes its these super low res textures mix with decent Ones and its super distracting. Other distracting thing is aeris chin lol What have they done to this poor girl 🤨

Rest is superb, game sometimes looks incredible. Characters models are great, love some new story sections and loving when they focus on avalanche characters, Jessie is best girl.

I gotta say I agree. It not PS2 textures, but sometimes the structure feels PS2. Animations are soooo god though. Cloud weilds his Buster Sword with a powerful elegance.