By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

But will it really be a trilogy? Sorry I dont know if they stated it at some point. The fact they didnt advertise it as pt1 or something like that makes me wonder if it is set in stone that square will deliver the rest of the game, whatever thay rest may be. What if it does not sell as expected? Im curious, lets see what is going to happen.

They haven't said how many parts, they said "we didn't decide yet". I'm betting on at least 3 parts because of the cut to being only midgar, having 3 CDs, etc.

One thing I have to say is that depending on backlash, sales and critics they may not even keep going for the rest of the games and we can give kudos to people moaning =]

People who don't like something are to blame if the product is not successful?

Around the Network

I have some criticism on the game.
Some textures are very very ugly like a few gens ago,especially in the slums.
NPC's animations and facial expressions/textures of most of their faces are plain bad and the voiceacting is a hit or miss.
A puzzlesegment needs to have a bit of challenge cause without that it is just needless padding.
Dialogue that is supposed to build a connection between characters sometimes sounds too robotic so take away what they want to achieve and i wonder if that is because the translation from japanese to english has been taken too literally.(sentences like'':I come with'' instead of'' I come with you'')

Immersiveunreality said:
NPC's animations and facial expressions/textures of most of their faces are plain bad and the voiceacting is a hit or miss.
A puzzlesegment needs to have a bit of challenge cause without that it is just needless padding.
Dialogue that is supposed to build a connection between characters sometimes sounds too robotic so take away what they want to achieve and i wonder if that is because the translation from japanese to english has been taken too literally.(sentences like'':I come with'' instead of'' I come with you'')

I'm probably 20 hours in and I love the game so far and it is blast :)

Never played the original and I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy in general except the 12 (loving the gambit and combat system so much) but I really enjoy it and it feels like a modern game.

Regarding the texture, I actually noticed one only that kinda jumped in my face but that's all, I find the game super pretty overall. 
(The texture in question is the door of the room you sleep in for the first time in the slums)

So for me, this is another great game, super happy about it and looking forward for the next in the series! 

Immersiveunreality said:

Yep. Textures load in low/high versions depending on player distance, but it is also kinda slow. Totally possible and easy to dash into a not fully loaded texture/model. NPCS are about on par with FFXV and other open world games their poly count is obviously  low (Ac Odyssey also had this issue).  Voice acting is waaaay to hammy. 

Last edited by Xxain - on 13 April 2020

So I'm goung restart the mini in the beginning or chapter 4 or 5. Anybody know the requirements to get the trophy? Is it just keep HP high? I seriously struggle with remembering the guard button

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I'm probably 20 hours in and I love the game so far and it is blast :)

Never played the original and I'm not a big fan of Final Fantasy in general except the 12 (loving the gambit and combat system so much) but I really enjoy it and it feels like a modern game.

Regarding the texture, I actually noticed one only that kinda jumped in my face but that's all, I find the game super pretty overall. 
(The texture in question is the door of the room you sleep in for the first time in the slums)

So for me, this is another great game, super happy about it and looking forward for the next in the series! 

I'm having those textures everywhere i look in the slums and less in other places,might be cause i have the oldest ps4 model bit it still takes me out immersion.

I'm also liking the game and some bossbatlles can pose a challenge although it is funny people complained about the scorpion boss at the start.(so damn easy)

Xxain said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yep. Textures load in low/high versions depending on player distance, but it is also kinda slow. Totally possible and easy to dash into a not fully loaded texture/model. NPCS are about on par with FFXV and other open world games their poly count is obverse low (Ac Odyssey also had this issue).  Voice acting is waaaay to hammy. 

Yeah it is so weird to look at those NPCs as they look out of place and the resources on this game are very unbalanced spent,some parts have an extreme amount of work put into them while others clearly lack attention and next to eachother that gives a strange contrast.

But i'm liking the game as a whole.

Major Tip:

When going for the biker boy trophy if u get lower than 75% just restart at last battle and it will put right at the beginning of with a cool new character. Just keep trying to you get it!.

87? Not bad, though I honestly expected it to hit at least a 90, probably mid 90's by the way the hype was going and how the game was overall shaping up. But it's an 87, this is still an amazing game & experience.

24 hours in.
I love the game, it deserves imo better than 87 on metacritic.

youngbr said:
24 hours in.
I love the game, it deserves imo better than 87 on metacritic.

Well, now it's 88 on Metacritic and 89 on Opencritic

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850