By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How different of each other are XBOX, Nintendo and Playstation consumers?

Which your main gaming platform?

Xbox consoles 10 12.66%

Sony consoles 20 25.32%

Nintendo consoles 25 31.65%

Other (PC) 7 8.86%

I have more than one main gaming platform 17 21.52%

Total:79
mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

I think it's more that we have a really great mod team here who actually do their job and don't tolerate trolls polluting discussions.

In my 12 years on this site, i have seen the demographics change many times and it seems to correlate with the popularity of each system I remember different points in time when Sony did well in the Polls and another where Xbox support was very vocal, same goes for the here and now with Nintendo the rise and fall seems to correlate with how well each platform is doing,now some of this downturn causes a spike the number of people from particular user bases leaving Vgchartz  the other part is caused by a decrease in activity by those who stay.This decrease can be magnified even more by the other half of the equation the influx of members from those user bases on the rise and the added rise in activity , now I haven't looked at the earlier post so the context might be wrong but the mod team point is an affront to other fan bases and comes across as haughty.

How is it an affront to other fan bases to express my appreciation for our mod team's work in quashing trolling?

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

I think it's more that we have a really great mod team here who actually do their job and don't tolerate trolls polluting discussions.

In my 12 years on this site, i have seen the demographics change many times and it seems to correlate with the popularity of each system I remember different points in time when Sony did well in the Polls and another where Xbox support was very vocal, same goes for the here and now with Nintendo the rise and fall seems to correlate with how well each platform is doing,now some of this downturn causes a spike the number of people from particular user bases leaving Vgchartz  the other part is caused by a decrease in activity by those who stay.This decrease can be magnified even more by the other half of the equation the influx of members from those user bases on the rise and the added rise in activity , now I haven't looked at the earlier post so the context might be wrong but the mod team point is an affront to other fan bases and comes across as haughty.

He didn't badmouth any fanbase. He said that the trolls that troubled Nintendo threads were perma, he can't say much about MS and Sony threads because he doesn't go there as much. He complimented Mods and the site not attacked other fanbases. But there were some users that decided that one userbase is more toxic than another (not really, all have toxic people/fan it is most a question of the size of the userbase then it may have more toxic or higher concentration).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
mjk45 said:

He didn't badmouth any fanbase. He said that the trolls that troubled Nintendo threads were perma, he can't say much about MS and Sony threads because he doesn't go there as much. He complimented Mods and the site not attacked other fanbases. But there were some users that decided that one userbase is more toxic than another (not really, all have toxic people/fan it is most a question of the size of the userbase then it may have more toxic or higher concentration).

Thanks for the clarity, sometimes it hard to ascertain the context of a post especially when the first reference is a fare way back and there are lots of text heavy posts, that why I said the context might be wrong, i based the critique on your post stating 50% of the site being Nintendo fans and misinterpreted curl-6's reply thinking it was saying the reason for such healthy numbers was the mod teams cracking down on nintendo trolling rather than all trolls regardless, so Curl I apologise. and have edited out that line.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 10 April 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:

Thanks for the clarity, sometimes it hard to ascertain the context of a post especially when the first reference is a fare way back and there are lots of text heavy posts, that why I said the context might be wrong, i based the critique on your post stating 50% of the site being Nintendo fans and misinterpreted curl-6's reply thinking it was saying the reason for such healthy numbers was the mod teams cracking down on nintendo trolling rather than all trolls regardless, so Curl I apologise.

No worries man, misunderstandings happen. I didn't mean it as a stab at other fanbases.

mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:

Thanks for the clarity, sometimes it hard to ascertain the context of a post especially when the first reference is a fare way back and there are lots of text heavy posts, that why I said the context might be wrong, i based the critique on your post stating 50% of the site being Nintendo fans and misinterpreted curl-6's reply thinking it was saying the reason for such healthy numbers was the mod teams cracking down on nintendo trolling rather than all trolls regardless, so Curl I apologise. and have edited out that line.

I was mocking him. When your userbase is the most proeminent on the forum then you are more likely to feel at home =] but yes the mods removing the weeds is much more important. As I said in a previous post every fanbase can have a good time here, first because the mods mostly do a fine work and as humans they will fail from time to time, and there are themed discussions and the nations threads (where if I'm not wrong moderation is even harsher for anyone being negative against that company).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

One difference I noticed:

-There are PlayStation, Switch (or whatever Nintendo names their console) and Xbox fans.

-There are Sony and Nintendo fans.

-I haven't really seen any Microsoft fans.

d21lewis being a fellow VGchartz oldtimer you would remember the  days of Kowenicki Seece DirtyP  now these guys weren't just xbox Kowen even did threads on MS financial statements with detailed breakdowns and Dirty p talked about all the MS gear he owned different days hey!

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

One difference I noticed:

-There are PlayStation, Switch (or whatever Nintendo names their console) and Xbox fans.

-There are Sony and Nintendo fans.

-I haven't really seen any Microsoft fans.

d21lewis being a fellow VGchartz oldtimer you would remember the  days of Kowenicki Seece DirtyP  now these guys weren't just xbox Kowen even did threads on MS financial statements with detailed breakdowns and Dirty p talked about all the MS gear he owned different days hey!

I actually don't remember. I'm sure it happened. I was just generally speaking. And it's just my personal opinion on things. There's gotta be somebody out there with a Bill Gates tattoo.

I imagine a lot of the Xbox crowd left because this generation hasn't exactly been great for them; and as I can attest from being a Nintendo fan through the Wii U years, forums are just less fun when most of the news and discussion about your console of choice is negative. I very nearly quit altogether in 2016 and actually left the forum for a few months without the intention of returning as I got tired of all the doom and gloom.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 April 2020

Just wanna say I’ve had a great time since coming back. It’s a nice feeling seeing familiar users and being remembered in turn. Reddit you feel like a face in a crowd of thousands. Here is more of a dysfunctional community, which is fine by me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

d21lewis said:
mjk45 said:

I actually don't remember. I'm sure it happened. I was just generally speaking. And it's just my personal opinion on things. There's gotta be somebody out there with a Bill Gates tattoo.

You are right about today's xbox gamers not being as wedded to MS as they once were, in those days it was more centred around MS as the main face of the brand and this made sense since xbox was in its infancy , it also meant that fans could deflect the PS2 success by running a MS v Sony agenda rather than a PS2 v Xbox    scenario, the success of the 360 in comparison gave the division more prominence and MS didn't need to be used as a shield so much and ironically the lack of success with xbone saw a period of  distancing between the two brands that preserved the status quo rather than a return to using MS as a buffer. 

btw on the subject of bill Gates tattoo's The guy with the Bill Gates Tattoo on his penis is the one who's mental wellbeing I worry about.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 11 April 2020