By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How different of each other are XBOX, Nintendo and Playstation consumers?

Which your main gaming platform?

Xbox consoles 10 12.66%

Sony consoles 20 25.32%

Nintendo consoles 25 31.65%

Other (PC) 7 8.86%

I have more than one main gaming platform 17 21.52%

Total:79

One difference I noticed:

-There are PlayStation, Switch (or whatever Nintendo names their console) and Xbox fans.

-There are Sony and Nintendo fans.

-I haven't really seen any Microsoft fans.

Around the Network

the thing is, shooters are endless
rpgs are finite

thus xbox gamers are never done

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

Switch primarily for 3rd party titles??? Wow, that’s the exception to the rule if I ever saw it. 

I laughed.  I thought he mistyped but no that seems like he meant it.  I have 2 out of 7 Switch titles third party and that includes Mario + Rabbids.

Why did you laugh ?

I have around 30 games on the Switch, and 1st Party-wise I have only 5 games (Odyssey, MK8, Super Mario Party, Smash and Pokémon Let's Go Evee).

I played (and discovered) most of the Bethesda games on it (Skyrim, Doom, Wolfenstein II, Youngblood, upcoming Doom Eternal, Doom 1, Doom 3) and also other big releases (such as Witcher 3, L.A Noire, Grid, DBFighterZ, Sonic Mania, South Park 1 and 2, Ori, Rocket League, Okami, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy and Spyro Trilogy)

d21lewis said:

-There are PlayStation, Switch (or whatever Nintendo names their console) and Xbox fans.

I guess Azzanation is MS fan.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:

What do you mean by Sony vs Playstation fans? Same for Switch vs Nintendo fans, I don't really understand the difference

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
d21lewis said:

What do you mean by Sony vs Playstation fans? Same for Switch vs Nintendo fans, I don't really understand the difference

Fans of their consoles vs fan of the company themselves. Like you may either like Sony as a whole or only playstation. You may like Nintendo or only this console (switch), but he thinks there isn't a fan for Microsoft as a company.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IcaroRibeiro said:
d21lewis said:

People like Sony and Nintendo as a company and the products they make. They defend their business decisions. They love the brand. Xbox fans love the machines but couldn't care less about other aspects of the company. 

Basically, Sony and Nintendo fans are loyal. They'll buy/defend them. They feel a personal investment with the company. Microsoft/Xbox "fans", from my point of view, are loyal to the machine.

Even me. I bought a few Xbox 360 consoles last gen. Thought it was one of the best consoles ever made. This gen started and I felt no desire to buy one until after I had everything else. Wound up buying 6 for myself and two as gifts. I'm still not really enthused about the Series X. They're going to have to win me over again.

I think part of that stems from their lack of franchises that I've formed an emotional attachment to. They have a handful but not as many compared to the competition.

DonFerrari said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Fans of their consoles vs fan of the company themselves. Like you may either like Sony as a whole or only playstation. You may like Nintendo or only this console (switch), but he thinks there isn't a fan for Microsoft as a company.

Wow. Now see your comment. You nailed it.  Could have saved me a lot of typing!

It depends a lot on how many troublemakers are active.

For example, for a long time Nintendo discourse here was rendered somewhat toxic by multiple users I won't name who felt the need to invade almost every Nintendo thread to downplay and spread FUD.

Once those users were perma-banned, the air was cleared and the quality of discourse increased massively.

I imagine it works the same for other groups as well. It becomes less fun to talk about a system or games you like when certain people predictably poison every discussion about it. Again, thankfully our mod team has largely solved this problem on the Nintendo side of things, which is the one I personally can speak for.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

That and Nintendo fanbase being like half of the userbase of this forum.

I think it's more that we have a really great mod team here who actually do their job and don't tolerate trolls polluting discussions.

In my 12 years on this site, i have seen the demographics change many times,I remember different points in time when Sony did well in the Polls and another where Xbox support was very vocal, same goes for the here and now with Nintendo.

The rise and fall seems to correlate with how well each platform is doing. You tend to get a  spike in the number of people from particular user bases leaving Vgchartz during these downturns the other feature of this is a decrease in activity by those who stay.

The size of the decrease can be magnified even more by the other half of the equation, the influx of members from those user bases on the rise and the added rise in activity

Last edited by mjk45 - on 10 April 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot