By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Someone made a Consolized switch

He did it, Nintendo could easily do it. 

https://twitter.com/johnpla77626379/status/1242334063173779457/photo/1

https://twitter.com/johnpla77626379/status/1242334063173779457/photo/3

https://twitter.com/johnpla77626379/status/1242334063173779457/photo/4

Around the Network

Someone please make one of that for me 

Nintendo could easily make one, and probably sell it cheaper than the Switch lite, while makeing same profits on each unit.
At some point, it becomes a question of "why dont they?".

Think of it like this... the PS4 had its slim.
Nothing wrong with a super cheap, console lite version of a Switch.

RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:
Nintendo could easily make one, and probably sell it cheaper than the Switch lite, while makeing same profits on each unit.
At some point, it becomes a question of "why dont they?".

Think of it like this... the PS4 had its slim.
Nothing wrong with a super cheap, console lite version of a Switch.

You are on a sales website, so you should know why Nintendo doesn't do it.

Probably think its a waste of money at this point.
Switch selling fine enough.... their probably more concerned about working on a Switch 2 now, instead?

I still think its a missed oppertunity, to potentially sell additional switch hardware.
I guess it depends on how close nintendo is to releaseing a Switch 2.

If thats still far off, a console version of the current switch could make alot of sense.
If its not, not so much.

It would probably cost nintendo peanuts, compaired to what Sony & microsoft spent on makeing Xbox One X + PS4 pro.
They judged 2-3 years was enough to warrent it.

Something tells me, Switch 2 is closer than 3years from now.

All this effort to make his Switch worse, I don't get it.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I did it too. I put mine in the dock and didn't take itout. WOW I'M A GENUSIUSSUS!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If Nintendo made something like this and released it last year, I probably would've gotten it if I didn't already have a Switch. They could charge $169.99-$199.99 for it.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
If Nintendo made something like this and released it last year, I probably would've gotten it if I didn't already have a Switch. They could charge $169.99-$199.99 for it.

Event 149$ since there is no screen nor battery attached to it. Or else indeed 199$ with a 500gb/1Tb hard drive and would be the ultimate Nintendo console with overclocked CPU and GPU speed and would sell like hotcakes

TruckOSaurus said:
All this effort to make his Switch worse, I don't get it.

At this point, the Switch itself is 70% (or even 80%) likeable for its library and 30-20% for its "switching" aspect, so not that worse

Cool but no thanks. OG Switch docked will do just fine for me.