By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Someone made a Consolized switch

I believe making a home console Switch is as stupid as making a handheld Switch.

I know the Lite is out there and is selling well, but it just waters down the message and the purpose of the Switch.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
All this effort to make his Switch worse, I don't get it.

Worse than a broken one...?

That would just hurt the Switch's branding tbh. Not everything is about price point. This would kill everything that makes the Switch interesting and special. I'm sure there would be less people buying this even 100$ cheaper than the classic model.

xMetroid said:
That would just hurt the Switch's branding tbh. Not everything is about price point. This would kill everything that makes the Switch interesting and special. I'm sure there would be less people buying this even 100$ cheaper than the classic model.

We already have Switch consoles that don't... Switch. Can't hurt the branding anymore.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

TruckOSaurus said:

It was already broken.

It was more or less effort to make it work again if anything.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:
Nintendo could easily make one, and probably sell it cheaper than the Switch lite, while makeing same profits on each unit.
At some point, it becomes a question of "why dont they?".

Think of it like this... the PS4 had its slim.
Nothing wrong with a super cheap, console lite version of a Switch.

You are on a sales website, so you should know why Nintendo doesn't do it.

Well I'm sure it would sell more than the PS Vita TV but that isn't saying much...

ironmanDX said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It was already broken.

He said he put in a bigger heat pipe so that should giving some room if he wants to overclock it.

Chicho said:
ironmanDX said:

It was already broken.

He said he put in a bigger heat pipe so that should giving some room if he wants to overclock it.

Hmm.. Would that involve custom firmware/jailbreaking it though? It may be the only Switch he has and uses it for online play.

Would be pretty cool to see just how far it could be pushed with a better cooling solution though...

Cool way to make a broken Switch useable again. That guy has initiative, I would've just bought a new one in due time.

An Ouya that plays Nintendo games. That's all anyone ever wanted.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.