By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini has just launched

Vodacixi said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

If Xenoblade DE is remaster only, Nintendo would have called it Xenoblade HD. Rememeber Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD?

Monolith Soft is not Nintendo though (in the sense that they don't actively decide the names of their projects)

You made a big mistake here, even "Xenoblade" was the name which Nintendo did choose, not Monolith Soft. Original, Monolith called it: Monado - The Beginning of The World, but Nintendo disagreed then told them to change it to Xenoblade. Everything needs Nintendo's approval.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 27 March 2020

Around the Network

Even if they actually had to recreate the game, it's still not a remake.

So even if they remake the game, it's still not a remake.

Ok now you convinced me.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Vodacixi said:

Monolith Soft is not Nintendo though (in the sense that they don't actively decide the names of their projects)

You made a big mistake here, even "Xenoblade" was the name which Nintendo did choose, not Monolith Soft. Original, Monolith called it: Monado - The Beginning of The World, but Nintendo disagreed then told them to change it to Xenoblade. Everything needs Nintendo's approval.

Are you sure? I remember hearing Monolith Soft calling it Xenoblade in honor of the director or something.

KLXVER said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Are you sure? I remember hearing Monolith Soft calling it Xenoblade in honor of the director or something.

Nope Nintendo changed the name to honour him

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-chose-the-name-xenoblade/

KLXVER said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Morando Begining of the World was a tentative title always. Tak uses Xeno as his brand so to speak so I don't think it was Nintendo. He has said multiple times,he uses it as his brand of games. 

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Vodacixi said:

No, because the changes that the game brings to the table do not change the feeling or the core game at all. In fact, XC DE is so equal to the original that you can pretty much overlap the two and you get a 100% match. The changes are mostly improvements in different areas because its a remastering work. The intention is not to make a new and different version of Xenoblade Chronicles like a music cover does. The intention is to make Xenoblade Chronicles look, play and sound better, while being the same game. Adding a story segment does not make it a remake, otherwise games like The World Ends With You Final Remix would be a remake.

Again, intention is a big factor. You can't mention a movie or a song remake that id exactly the same as the original with better sound and clearer instruments or with clearer picture quality and improved special effects. Because that, my friend, is called remaster. Which is exactly what Xenoblade is.

Again, not that is better or worse for being a remake or a remaster. The game will still be awesome and I can see there was a ton of work and effort put into it.

New story elements connecting to other games and new ground up assets can change things significantly and the fact it has added content and ground up assets means you can never get 100% match as well, new ground up assets bringing the game to modern standards do make a game a remake while a remaster is if they took the Wii version and upped the resolution like people do on Dolphin, XBC:DE is a new and different version of the original it's a modernized version of it to bring the game into the modern era, TWEWY doesn't rebuild all its assets so that comparison is a fallacy at this point.

I did mention songs you chose to be selective and vague with your argument on changes because the actual reality here is its the only way for your argument to live as it has no consistency in so many cases for example you're saying the core and feeling of the game is the same yet many cover songs don't change this aspect either such as the many Staying Alive covers and even the cover I mentioned earlier where the only difference is who is singing that's before we get to the whole notion on the subjectivity of core and feel. Under your argument FFIV on DS isn't a remake because it retains the same core and feeling and neither is Panzer Dragoon a game you earlier allowed a pass yet it as well retains the exact same core and feeling. Another example is earlier you argued with someone about the developer knowing more about their own game well if we go by that SOTC PS4 which is exactly the same as the original is a remake as that's how Sony and the developer class it yet now it contradicts your stance on every level as linked below.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-shadow-of-the-colossus-on-ps4-is-a-remake-not-a-remaster-says-shuhei-yoshida

"It is a remake. The game content is the same as the original version, but all the assets are being remade," he said.

I can get a 100% match in every part of the game except the new epilogue. The fact that it looks better now means nothing.  And as I said, if adding an epilogue is enough to be a remake, The World Ends With You Final Remix would be a remake. It has everything Xenoblade DE has (it has remade visuals, remade music and remade gameplay). Yet no one calls it a remake. They call it a remaster. Why? Because it is based on a smartphone game and people see that as an inferior product, in the same way people see remasters as something inferior to remakes. So, they call it "remaster" to downplay it.

You guys cannot accept that this game (Xenoblade) is "inferior", and that is why you defend it as a remake with tooth and nail.

Are you deaf or something? The songs you mentioned have a very different vibes.

https://youtu.be/eRUhOmxdsKc

https://youtu.be/WJcozEOWgxI

It is very apparent by just listening that they are very different takes on the same song, but I'm gonna give you little musical lesson: whenever someon makes a cover of a song, inevitably they made it theirs. Because it's impossible to just imitate something that depends on emotions. Each on of us has different feelings, and that affect how we compose music. When a musician does a cover, they change the timing, they change the mood, even the rhythm feels different. It becomes something else. It's always like that.

It's the same with movies. I'm still waiting for that famous remake of yours that is the same as the original.

Final Fantasy IV is a remake. As is III. Because it took some liberties expected from a remake. The original game only had text boxes to explain the story and characters could not express with their static tiny sprites. In the remakes, all of this changes and now we get to experience an entire new take on how this characters look, move, talk and express themselves. Xenoblade has NOTHING of that level of difference respect the original.

I already covered the Panzer Dragoon situation and have nothing else to say about it. It's a remake. A different take on the original, although certainly closer than other remakes.

Shadow of the Colossus is a remastering work, as its only purpouse is to update the graphics to make them prettier. The developers here are using the wrong word because they believe that remaking assets to recreate the same thing can be called a remake. That is incorrect. In this instance, the developer is wrong, unlike Activision with Crash and Spyro. And it's not the first time that happened. Grezzo also said Ocarina of Time is a remake when it has been proven that under those new textures is the exact same N64 game running on a 3DS.

I'm tired of discussing this thing with 4 or 5 different people for 24 hours. I'm done with this. You guys keep calling Xenoblade a remake. But is still a remastering work.

Have a nice day.

SKMBlake said:

Ok now you convinced me.

Yes, recreate something only implies doing it again. A remake as by its media definition (movies, songs, games, etc...) implies a certain degree of diferentiation with the original work.

But don't worry, I won't bother you anymore. I'm done with this.

SKMBlake said:

Ok now you convinced me.

It's comical at this point isn't it? lol. "Monolith is Not Nintendo" "Even if you remake it, it's not a remake"

What drugs does it take to be this delusional?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Nope Nintendo changed the name to honour him

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-chose-the-name-xenoblade/

Oh ok. Thanks

All this post proves is that Nintendo clearly hasn't got enough games coming if we got so many pages of comments arguing about remake vs remaster lol.