By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NX Gamer PS5 Full Spec Analysis

eva01beserk said:
vivster said:
This is the Cell debate 2.0.

"PS5 if used correctly can out perform the XSX."

This is code for "You'll have to optimize the shit out of games to make them look as good as the competition". Can't wait for all the threads about lazy and stupid game devs who just can't utilize the power of the PS3. The PS5 I mean.

Dont think anyone has said any of the sort yet. Most people are saying that multiplats will shoot for parity and only exclusives will push each consoles advantages. Just that the ps5's advantage will be easier to identify. 

Judging from last gen I doubt there will be parity. We have seen countless games that ran better or had different resolutions. And exclusives will look great on either of the consoles. History repeats itself. We'll see games with slightly different performance, Xbots boasting about spec superiority and Ponys calling out lazy devs. Unless you can tell me a reason why it would be any different next gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
eva01beserk said:

Dont think anyone has said any of the sort yet. Most people are saying that multiplats will shoot for parity and only exclusives will push each consoles advantages. Just that the ps5's advantage will be easier to identify. 

Judging from last gen I doubt there will be parity. We have seen countless games that ran better or had different resolutions. And exclusives will look great on either of the consoles. History repeats itself. We'll see games with slightly different performance, Xbots boasting about spec superiority and Ponys calling out lazy devs. Unless you can tell me a reason why it would be any different next gen.

Simple. That was a 40% gap last gen at a much lower res(900p-10809), this is a 15%-20% gap this time around at much higher res(2000p-2160p). While it will be there no doubt, it will go unnoticeable for the most part. I actually see more xbox fans complaining why there isnt a gap in third partys games. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
vivster said:

Simple. That was a 40% gap last gen at a much lower res(900p-10809), this is a 15%-20% gap this time around at much higher res(2000p-2160p). While it will be there no doubt, it will go unnoticeable for the most part. I actually see more xbox fans complaining why there isnt a gap in third partys games. 

Well, we'll get those too. People complaining that the PS5 is holding games back.

It's not like the gaps last gen were very noticeable unless you put them directly next to each other, especially not for people who're used to low fidelity. But you'll see how Digital Foundry will be in high demand and people will certainly masturbate to those 2 more pixels. Console wars are fun and will provide plenty of entertainment to tide us over to the delayed Nvidia Ampere announcement.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
eva01beserk said:

Well, we'll get those too. People complaining that the PS5 is holding games back.

It's not like the gaps last gen were very noticeable unless you put them directly next to each other, especially not for people who're used to low fidelity. But you'll see how Digital Foundry will be in high demand and people will certainly masturbate to those 2 more pixels. Console wars are fun and will provide plenty of entertainment to tide us over to the delayed Nvidia Ampere announcement.

I have no doubt thats going to happen. 

Just wondering if Digital foundry is gona have such a pressense after the first couple of years. If I understand correctly, the framerate target will be prioratized next gen to at the very least run 60fps on most games so what will vary is the resolution. So most people dont have 4k 60-144fps monitors where evers they are seeing such comparisons. So even watching the video you at home will not be able to see any diference just the squigly line moving up and down. So you will literaly will only notice anything by freeze framing and enhancing on the slight details. I dont know but I think DF is about to loose a lot of relevance. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
vivster said:

Just wondering if Digital foundry is gona have such a pressense after the first couple of years. If I understand correctly, the framerate target will be prioratized next gen to at the very least run 60fps on most games so what will vary is the resolution. So most people dont have 4k 60-144fps monitors where evers they are seeing such comparisons. So even watching the video you at home will not be able to see any diference just the squigly line moving up and down. So you will literaly will only notice anything by freeze framing and enhancing on the slight details. I dont know but I think DF is about to loose a lot of relevance. 

Of course it's only gonna be relevant for the first 2 years tops. Because by that time PS5 will be leading by a good margin and suddenly it's not gonna be important anymore.

What's gonna be interesting to me is RT. I don't know anything about how the hardware RT capability of RDNA2 is implemented yet. So maybe that's gonna be another differing factor between the consoles. I need to know which console will have the shinier puddles.

Around the Network
vivster said:
eva01beserk said:

Of course it's only gonna be relevant for the first 2 years tops. Because by that time PS5 will be leading by a good margin and suddenly it's not gonna be important anymore.

What's gonna be interesting to me is RT. I don't know anything about how the hardware RT capability of RDNA2 is implemented yet. So maybe that's gonna be another differing factor between the consoles. I need to know which console will have the shinier puddles.

I wana see my reflection on each rain drop during weather effects. 

vivster said:
eva01beserk said:

The difference should be that XB fans had a hard time praising XB1 because when it came to gaming, it really had nothing over PS4. That partially flipped when XB1X launched though, but PS4 Pro still had a clear games and price advantage.

Now you're going to have games, that to gamers in the flesh, will be slightly more visually pleasing on XBSX across most titles, but will be slightly faster and snappier on PS5 across most titles.

One group will praise the visuals, the other will praise the speed, when in reality, the difference between both will be minimal most of the time. A write off or a wash basically. That won't mean each console has small advantages, but what's going to matter are the games, services, and prices.

EricHiggin said:
vivster said:

The difference should be that XB fans had a hard time praising XB1 because when it came to gaming, it really had nothing over PS4. That partially flipped when XB1X launched though, but PS4 Pro still had a clear games and price advantage.

Now you're going to have games, that to gamers in the flesh, will be slightly more visually pleasing on XBSX across most titles, but will be slightly faster and snappier on PS5 across most titles.

One group will praise the visuals, the other will praise the speed, when in reality, the difference between both will be minimal most of the time. A write off or a wash basically. That won't mean each console has small advantages, but what's going to matter are the games, services, and prices.

I'm actually not sold yet on the PS5 SSD or its clock. I will expect the XSX to be just as snappy as the PS4. They both have fast SSDs and the PS5 will run into diminishing returns.

But in the end it's gonna be meaningless. As I've said long before we knew the specs; the XSX could have double the specs of the PS5 across the board and it would still lose if their games output stays as uncompetitive as it has been the last 3 gens. And there is no reason for me to believe that it will improve in any way.

vivster said:
EricHiggin said:

I'm actually not sold yet on the PS5 SSD or its clock. I will expect the XSX to be just as snappy as the PS4. They both have fast SSDs and the PS5 will run into diminishing returns.

But in the end it's gonna be meaningless. As I've said long before we knew the specs; the XSX could have double the specs of the PS5 across the board and it would still lose if their games output stays as uncompetitive as it has been the last 3 gens. And there is no reason for me to believe that it will improve in any way.

Its like you said like the cell, they could promise all they want and devs dint really take advantage of it, but sony did and first party games where technically better and end of gen games like the last of us almost match early 8th gen games. So I at least believe sony willmake good use of it.

And I hate to agree on you with the xbox games being uncompetitive because people instantly get called a fanboy or/and out rite dismiss everything you say, But even buying all thouse studios dosent gime hope they will change as they seem to be going the small games route to feed gamepass. Things could change but I just dont see it happening. 

vivster said:
eva01beserk said:

Yea I had both PS4 and Xbox didn't notice a difference. Graphics are to good for me to really notice anymore. I'll be sticking with just Sony this next gen and upgrade my gaming PC. FPS needs to be higher though and load times need to go.