Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Has Dropped The Ball On Its PS5 Rollout So Far

zero129 said:
Leynos said:
Gamingbolt is a trash site who makes trash articles.

So you dont agree with the article? what parts exactly?.

The part where he says that the PS5 will have a more troubled console cycle than the PS4. We already had 2 threads exactly like this one so I'll keep it short.

Neither of the two companies have actually shown any reason to buy their consoles, namely games. Which is why it's so baffling to me how anyone could claim that Xbox has the "marketing edge" already. As far as I can see it we're at exactly the same point where we were last gen. The release is over half a year away, so the companies take their time to talk about specs and their philosophy behind the concept. They did the exact same thing last time. They're 2 PCs that can do a few things and one is slightly more powerful than the other. I fail to see how one can "screw up" simple information drips like that. To claim that the PS5 will have any trouble whatsoever to compete in the next cycle based on our current information is absolutely asinine.

I mean I would understand if the PS4 was crushed last gen and that there would be doubts because it's an uphill battle, but it's not. PS4 crushed Xbox this gen and they didn't even have to try. They have absolute trust based on 4 generations. If anything we should be worried about Xbox' marketing, because it's them who haven't shown a single argument why people shouldn't buy a PS yet again. Worrying about the PS5's success is like worrying if cat pictures will still be popular next year on the internet.

For further reading check out these already made and well discussed threads.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241950

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=242071



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
starcraft said:
They've convinced a not insignificant amount of people that a weaker console has a secret sauce that makes it a market-leader power wise.

I'd say their marketing has been just fine?

If it was just fine we would not see this amount of negativity,it would be good if they react fast with a consumer friendly vid about the PS5.

All this spec talk can be overshadowed by the games this console brings us,and the specs can also be better understood if we get some ingame examples.

Welcome to the internet where people are so bored out of their minds that they'll complain about perfectly fine things on a daily basis. Not only can the spec talk be overshadowed by games, it will be. Like it does every single generation. Sony will show their games and people will be reminded why they will buy a Playstation for the 5th time.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I agree, Sony's first impression was terrible. Still, it's not going to matter much when they have their official reveal. If that also sucks, Sony might have a hard time next gen depending on the prices of both consoles. However, if they just show some glimpses of ps5 exclusives like HZD2, Spiderman 2 etc, nobody is going to care about how they handled the GDC presentation and the Tflops. MS will have to counter that, and if it's just gonna be upscaled Xone games, I think next gen will be over before it even begins.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 24 March 2020

vivster said:
zero129 said:

So you dont agree with the article? what parts exactly?.

The part where he says that the PS5 will have a more troubled console cycle than the PS4. We already had 2 threads exactly like this one so I'll keep it short.

Neither of the two companies have actually shown any reason to buy their consoles, namely games. Which is why it's so baffling to me how anyone could claim that Xbox has the "marketing edge" already. As far as I can see it we're at exactly the same point where we were last gen. The release is over half a year away, so the companies take their time to talk about specs and their philosophy behind the concept. They did the exact same thing last time. They're 2 PCs that can do a few things and one is slightly more powerful than the other. I fail to see how one can "screw up" simple information drips like that. To claim that the PS5 will have any trouble whatsoever to compete in the next cycle based on our current information is absolutely asinine.

I mean I would understand if the PS4 was crushed last gen and that there would be doubts because it's an uphill battle, but it's not. PS4 crushed Xbox this gen and they didn't even have to try. They have absolute trust based on 4 generations. If anything we should be worried about Xbox' marketing, because it's them who haven't shown a single argument why people shouldn't buy a PS yet again. Worrying about the PS5's success is like worrying if cat pictures will still be popular next year on the internet.

For further reading check out these already made and well discussed threads.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241950

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=242071

Exactly this.  This is the same song and dance people like to do before the release of next gen consoles.  None of these spec matters or how its marketed right now because the real meat of this business are games and how the consoles will market with the right games.  Give it a year after launch, none of this spec talk/pre-launch talk will mean anything.



In the end, all that will matter is the games. Not power. Not features. Just the games and (if applicable) the innovative way that we play them.

HOWEVER, as gamers, we take whatever information we can and run with it. We can use history to shape our perception but so far, I'd say Microsoft is off to a great start. They're doing pretty much everything right. If they keep it up and deliver the games, they should end up in a pretty respectable place. Especially IF they can boast the best version of most games.



mZuzek loves to pre-order

Around the Network

We had a over 500 replies thread discussing it and you were part of it but still don't understand that the GDC video wasn't meant to be a console reveal but a deep dive on the architeture of PS5?

And reacting to what? The show was recorded weeks in advance and was know to several journalists several days before MS had talked about their specs.

We get it, you just wanted to get a one up. 

I think it is funny that people think Sony could react to MS revealing the info on a single day to make the video, divulgue date and all, but took 2 days to post clarifying the BC of PS4 on PS5 (no mention of other aspects of BC) nor make a streamlined video of the same information more geared towards gamer based on the allegedly bad reception of their GDC video.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 24 March 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Fun fact: The highest amount of units an Xbox ever sold is lower than the lowest amount a Playstation console ever sold. We might want to think about that a bit before we decide whose marketing we worry about.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DonFerrari said:

We had a over 500 replies thread discussing it and you were part of it but still don't understand that the GDC video wasn't meant to be a console reveal but a deep dive on the architeture of PS5?

And reacting to what? The show was recorded weeks in advance and was know to several journalists several days before MS had talked about their specs.

We get it, you just wanted to get a one up. 

I think it is funny that people think Sony could react to MS revealing the info on a single day to make the video, divulgue date and all, but took 2 days to post clarifying the BC of PS4 on PS5 (no mention of other aspects of BC) nor make a streamlined video of the same information more geared towards gamer based on the allegedly bad reception of their GDC video.

And when GDC was cancelled Sony made a mistake still releasing that video anyways. Thats the point. They should of just redone it for ya know more people who are casuals and gamers not developers. So yes i do feel like they reacted as they could of redone it but decided to put out what they had anyways.

Its not about getting one up on anything so i honestly dont know where your getting that from.

This video has left a bad impression in a number of peoples heads and has put a lot of Sony fans in total defense mode trying to explain the SSD of the PS5 since Cerny didn't do a very good job of it.



vivster said:

Fun fact: The highest amount of units an Xbox ever sold is lower than the lowest amount a Playstation console ever sold. We might want to think about that a bit before we decide whose marketing we worry about.

Fun fact: Before Sony came along Nintendo and Sega where the top dogs. PS1 and 2 destroyed their competitors, PS3 lost Sony billions and allowed MS to double their market share and gain a foothold in the console market place and the Wii became the best selling console of that gen. PS3 was also the cause of the PS brands creator Ken Kutaragi to step down. MS came from a very successful gen with XB360 only to mess up big time with their always on DRM and kinect focus and bad marketing and weaker console then the PS4 yet costing more. Anyway point being Things can go wrong in a single generation for a console maker.

Marketing and first impressions can have a lot to do with that.



No one has dropped the ball until they are 2/3 months away from release and they f everything up like Sony during the PS3 gen and MS last gen.

The fat lady ain't sang, the chickens haven't come home to roost and there is still plenty of time for both players to reveal games, services, accessories, and do plenty of marketing.



Whoever said life to be like a box of chocolates clearly didn't know what he was talking about. 

Life is more like a game of bumper cars. At every turn there is a possibility you will get screwed.