Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:
Not as like an official or serious bet, but as a bit of fun, sure, why not. After so many letdowns and false rumors I guess I just can't see this week being any different, I've been burned too many times. I'm sure tomorrow will be just another morning of me waking up, checking twitter, and being disappointed. Nintendo just don't seem to give a shit any more.

Welp

I could split hairs about it only being a Mini Direct and not a full General Direct, but meh, what's the point lulz

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 March 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

A company that is only supporting a single console acts the same way it did when it was supporting 2 consoles: the lack of proper 1st party games for a time period of what.. 6 months?... is not really understandable.
Focusing on a single console should have this covered so it wouldn't happen again. Yet, it did.
And we still have yet to see what's coming next, since Nintendo's best (selling) IPs are all out or pretty much.

3rd parties insisting on bringing ports and more ports only shows how they see Switch as na easy buck.
But they do this because people keep liking this strategy. So, why should they stop, right?

Overall, passable ND.

What worries is that, 3 years after being released and still no signs of Nintendo and 3rd parties changing their ways. Specially Nintendo - who is supposed to carry the console by itself, anyway.



DélioPT said:
A company that is only supporting a single console acts the same way it did when it was supporting 2 consoles: the lack of proper 1st party games for a time period of what.. 6 months?... is not really understandable.
Focusing on a single console should have this covered so it wouldn't happen again. Yet, it did.
And we still have yet to see what's coming next, since Nintendo's best (selling) IPs are all out or pretty much.

3rd parties insisting on bringing ports and more ports only shows how they see Switch as na easy buck.
But they do this because people keep liking this strategy. So, why should they stop, right?

Overall, passable ND.

What worries is that, 3 years after being released and still no signs of Nintendo and 3rd parties changing their ways. Specially Nintendo - who is supposed to carry the console by itself, anyway.

I know.  It's almost like there was a worldwide event disrupting economies, business, product distribution, markets, etc....

Good thing it's just Nintendo fucking up and I can't wait to attend E3 again this year.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

It’ll be interesting to see moving forward. I know fans are anxious of finding out what Nintendo and their studios are cooking, but with COVID-19, things are definitely not going to be “back in business.” With NoA allowing staff to work at home with one of their own testing positive for the virus and with stay-at-home orders being placed, I’m not sure work from their end with be the same until the virus pandemic settles down. Planning localization and marketing from home must be interesting compared to working in the actual offices.



So we're kinda back to them having just one game dated then aren't we, the Xenoblade Remake/Remaster/Whatever instead of Animal Crossing?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Can’t wait for this thread to be revived after May 29th

At that point, they will likely show some big guns, even if it is just cut scene teasers. I am prepared for the year to be a bit barren, but "Episode I Racer" makes everything better :)



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

curl-6 said:

So we're kinda back to them having just one game dated then aren't we, the Xenoblade Remake/Remaster/Whatever instead of Animal Crossing?

Curl just give up to the AC. it's your destiny. 



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

So we're kinda back to them having just one game dated then aren't we, the Xenoblade Remake/Remaster/Whatever instead of Animal Crossing?

Curl just give up to the AC. it's your destiny. 



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

So we're kinda back to them having just one game dated then aren't we, the Xenoblade Remake/Remaster/Whatever instead of Animal Crossing?

There's another 51 games dated for June.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

That's right, nothing new from Nintendo.

15 long years plus one generation passed waiting for a sequel, and Touch! Generations is back!
We will finally get 51 All-Time Classics just when it is needed most, although it should have released during the pandemic...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BTtR3pAda0

What about another digital eShop game published by Nintendo? We know they don't support third parties. Good Job! Nintendo.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9QZFeVrRY



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"