By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41

Oh, hey you guys! Sony saying that they will release specs tomorrow has nothing to do with how this week would have been GDC! No, no, no! It's all about MS FORCING THEM to finally release specs for PS5! In fact they are releasing an announcement of a release to counter Microsoft's good news day! After all, the announcement, of an announcement is surely more newsworthy than actual Series X specs right? We're all playing checkers, and Sony is playing that 3D chess from Star Trek!!!

Around the Network

While this could mean a bunch of things, to me it says SNY is super confident. Whether the PS5 is less capable but will certainly undercut XBSX in terms of price based on it's specs and potential subsidy, or if it's similar enough all around, or if it's going to beat XBSX in whatever ways they want it to, they are happy with what they've got.

This actually shouldn't be surprising. SNY has been doing this non stop for years now. Often enough, they immediately follow up positive XB news with some type of worthy PS news to hopefully overshadow MS and keep any hype from building. Here again, looks to be the same thing. We'll see.

Trumpstyle said:

Guys I'm gonna make a new final prediction for PS5 that nobody DARES to make

CPU: Zen2, 8core, 16thread - 3.2Ghz
GPU: 40CU, 2.15ghz, 11tf (full chip has 44CU's), 576GB/s memory speed on 256-bit bus
Storage: NVMe 1TB, 2.5GB/s speed
Ram: 16GB Vram + 4GB ddr4

As I was so close for XsX I thought I make another as the PS5 still hasn't leaked, this was my latest prediction for XsX

"Xbox S X: 12TF GPU (1803mhz, 52CU), 16GB Vram 320bit bus, 560GB/S Memory bandwidth, $500

They all will have 8Core zen2 CPU and 1TB SSD at NVMe speed. The GPU will be custom RDNA1 and they be using tsmc 7nm EUV."

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9091226

If PS5 either can't quite match XBSX, or needs to remain slightly below so they can undercut XBSX a little, then 11.1TF would be too perfect.

zero129 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Oh, hey you guys! Sony saying that they will release specs tomorrow has nothing to do with how this week would have been GDC! No, no, no! It's all about MS FORCING THEM to finally release specs for PS5! In fact they are releasing an announcement of a release to counter Microsoft's good news day! After all, the announcement, of an announcement is surely more newsworthy than actual Series X specs right? We're all playing checkers, and Sony is playing that 3D chess from Star Trek!!!

Straw man much?.

1. Clearly Sony would of had something for GDC week, they didnt just pull this out of the air.

2. No one is saying MS forced them to do anything. Just that they most likely made this announcement today about their reveal tomorrow to take away some of the hype from the MS reveal. Otherwise why not just drop their reveal like MS done?.

3. 4D chess :-p .

It's called satire. I'm overblowing your claims (as well as the similair claims of others around the internet) in order to make fun of them. 

Look at this ridiculousness. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/talking_point_why_isnt_sony_saying_more_about_ps5

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 17 March 2020

zero129 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

It's called satire. I'm overblowing your claims (as well as the similair claims of others around the internet) in order to make fun of them. 

Look at this ridiculousness. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/talking_point_why_isnt_sony_saying_more_about_ps5

True. I honestly dont think Sony's reveal tomorrow is a reaction to MS (However i do feel their announcement of said reveal tomorrow is to take away MS hype)

I think Sony has played this pretty smart.

A reaction sure, but almost certainly a calculated one. If PS was unsure about the reaction to their hardware, especially in comparison to XBSX this close after it's been officially revealed, they would be taking more time to let things die down and/or to figure out a better marking strategy.

Whatever SNY's got, they aren't worried about the product. Any worry is about MS gaining control of the narrative and continuing any momentum they have now.

*The sooner SNY reveals PS5, the sooner MS will likely reveal Lockhart if it exists. Not too soon though because it's about XBSX for now. MS would want to know where XBSX and Lockhart stand compared to PS5 before they decide to talk about their lower entry level.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 17 March 2020

I expect nothing but a spec and internal design breakdown tomorrow and so should everyone else. Anything extra is icing on the cake.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
zero129 said:

True. I honestly dont think Sony's reveal tomorrow is a reaction to MS (However i do feel their announcement of said reveal tomorrow is to take away MS hype)

I think Sony has played this pretty smart.

A reaction sure, but almost certainly a calculated one. If PS was unsure about the reaction to their hardware, especially in comparison to XBSX this close after it's been officially revealed, they would be taking more time to let things die down and/or to figure out a better marking strategy.

Whatever SNY's got, they aren't worried about the product. Any worry is about MS gaining control of the narrative and continuing any momentum they have now.

*The sooner SNY reveals PS5, the sooner MS will likely reveal Lockhart if it exists. Not too soon though because it's about XBSX for now. MS would want to know where XBSX and Lockhart stand compared to PS5 before they decide to talk about their lower entry level.

Momentum is overrated, and not really measurable. It's just a non-objective marketing buzzword. 

haxxiy said:
That time band is Greek to me, translate to EST please.

9am pt  is 1pm brazil time  or 12pm EST

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

It’s ironic that you are twisting yourself. Sony delayed...Um ok? MS didn’t and went first. Sony announced a reveal event literally the day after MS showed theirs. That’s reactionary. Yes I get it Sony planned to do something around this time but you certainly can’t prove it was always going to be tomorrow.

MS went first, and Sony reacted. The didn’t scramble. Anything you say to the contrary is you trying to preserve some narrative you have. 

Sure, whatever you say. Keep telling yourself that and I'm going to excuse myself back to a reality that doesn't ignore what happened just a month or two ago. 

Lol the last month or two was MS giving a steady stream of next gen info and Sony showed a logo and font. MS clearly doing everything on their timeline. What reality are you subscribed to? 

MS just dropped their next gen reveal as well as the spec reveal. No notice. Sony doing an “announcement of an announcement” just screams “I’m stealing your thunder today because I won’t be ready until tomorrow”. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 17 March 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bandorr said:

Let's see if I get this right.

If GDC were not cancelled - this would be the week of the GDC.
Playstation is doing a video Wednesday. Which is in the middle of the GDC.
The video is going to mostly consist of the stuff they were going to talk about during the GDC.

So Playstation is releasing a GDC video... during the week of the GDC.

Oh and the tweet has 4.8K comments, 35K retweets, and 105k likes.
The "pinned" Xbox tweet that has been our a day longer? 1.2K comments, 5.8K retweets, 26K likes.
Oh and for fun - the PS5 logo reveal on instagram.. has 5.4(rounding) million likes.

Yeah I see the problem here. You know that scene in Jurassic park where you can see the trimmers in the glass of water signifying the dinosaur is coming? Yeah I'd be afraid too.

The Ps brand is much stronger. That and Ps fans have been REALLY hungry for news, imagine Xbox gamers getting steady meals every day and PS guys have been starving for the last 3 days. I’d be pretty hungry too if I were one of you.

Enjoy tomorrow 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Bandorr said:

Let's see if I get this right.

If GDC were not cancelled - this would be the week of the GDC.
Playstation is doing a video Wednesday. Which is in the middle of the GDC.
The video is going to mostly consist of the stuff they were going to talk about during the GDC.

So Playstation is releasing a GDC video... during the week of the GDC.

Oh and the tweet has 4.8K comments, 35K retweets, and 105k likes.
The "pinned" Xbox tweet that has been our a day longer? 1.2K comments, 5.8K retweets, 26K likes.
Oh and for fun - the PS5 logo reveal on instagram.. has 5.4(rounding) million likes.

Yeah I see the problem here. You know that scene in Jurassic park where you can see the trimmers in the glass of water signifying the dinosaur is coming? Yeah I'd be afraid too.

The Ps brand is much stronger. That and Ps fans have been REALLY hungry for news, imagine Xbox gamers getting steady meals every day and PS guys have been starving for the last 3 days. I’d be pretty hungry too if I were one of you.

Enjoy tomorrow 

I'd rather be starving for news than starving for games. PS4 is still going strong with quite a lot of content that XB1 will never get. Nioh 2, Dreams, P5R, GoT, TLoU Part II, and FF7 Remake isn't coming to XBox for at least another year.