By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final fantasy 7 remake demo is out now!

I liked it. No complaints. Can't wait to get the full game and play it on its original Japanese voice acting.

Music is also grand.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Hynad said:

Simply use powerful spells. Summons are nothing special if they do the same thing as magic.

And for all intent and purposes, summons in VIIR don’t require you to actively control them. They will come in, deal damage, and then bugger off when they’re done. 

Summons are more powerful, that's the point. When fighting the Demon Wall you don't have Flare or Ultima, you have Bahamut and he does like 2000 damage at the time while 'Fire 2' does like 300, basic attacks are doing like 200-300. If I summon Phoenix, I don't want them to fight for me or hang about, cast your revive spell, get my team back in the fight.

All I'm hearing from you is that Knights of the Round, Bahamut Zero and Bahamut himself are going to be pants now. What's the point in them if there's better magic? Just might as well remove them.

Go watch a video of the Remake where Ifrit is summoned.

You’ll understand that VIIR provides the best of both worlds.
Unlike in X, for example, the summon doesn’t replace any party character. It comes in, wrecks havoc for a certain time, and then unleashes its ultimate attack. I know you can issue commands for them, but as far as I’ve seen, they act on their own and yeah, they’re as powerful as ever. 

I liked the demo, very fast paced.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Kyuu said:
I'm expecting this to hit 90-92 Metacritic and sell 7-10 million across PS4 and PS5 alone (depending on whether it gets a special port or just be played through BC).

Part 2 (where the world hopefully opens up) will be phenomenal!

Part 1 will sell 10 million before ps5 launch. My friends haven't owned any gaming system since the ps1 but they are buying a ps4 mainly for this game and the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes. I also have never been this hyped for a game before. 

Hynad said:

Unlike in X, for example, the summon doesn’t replace any party character. It comes in, wrecks havoc for a certain time, and then unleashes its ultimate attack. I know you can issue commands for them, but as far as I’ve seen, they act on their own and yeah, they’re as powerful as ever. 

If they work like party members then it's a bunch of basic attacks until they do the actual damage I want them to? Still sounds half arsed to me. I know many people might like this way but I'd prefer up front damage. The reason why summon's like Bahamut, Phoenix and Knights of the Round were so good in FF7 was because of this (or in the case of Phoenix they revived you straight away), at the expense of MP of course. I don't want them faffing about for 5 minutes first. Especially as it's already shown in this thread that people are exploiting the game mechanics to beat the boss in quick times. You could summon them and kill the boss before they've even done anything or if it's that easy to kill a boss, why bother summoning them at all? Costs MP after all, abilities don't.

Of course, I'll be super disappointed if by the time they get around to making Knights of the Round in part 3 (in 2033), if it doesn't oneshot first form Sephiroth the game is a 2/10 in my view. :P

Sephy was so easy to kill, have fury on all allies, get limits, cast Knights of the Round on first form. Ult on second form. Dead.

Man, I miss Final Fantasy games. Where's 16?... Wait, it's going to be button masher too isn't it?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Hynad said:

If they work like party members then it's a bunch of basic attacks until they do the actual damage I want them to? Still sounds half arsed to me. I know many people might like this way but I'd prefer up front damage. The reason why summon's like Bahamut, Phoenix and Knights of the Round were so good in FF7 was because of this (or in the case of Phoenix they revived you straight away), at the expense of MP of course. I don't want them faffing about for 5 minutes first. Especially as it's already shown in this thread that people are exploiting the game mechanics to beat the boss in quick times. You could summon them and kill the boss before they've even done anything or if it's that easy to kill a boss, why bother summoning them at all? Costs MP after all, abilities don't.

Of course, I'll be super disappointed if by the time they get around to making Knights of the Round in part 3 (in 2033), if it doesn't oneshot first form Sephiroth the game is a 2/10 in my view. :P

Sephy was so easy to kill, have fury on all allies, get limits, cast Knights of the Round on first form. Ult on second form. Dead.

Man, I miss Final Fantasy games. Where's 16?... Wait, it's going to be button masher too isn't it?

How I enjoy having an open mind...

Hynad said:

I have an open mind, if this was all in FF16, I'd be all over it. I mentioned first that this is good gameplay, it's just not FF7 gameplay. Funny how the word remake isn't used correctly.

EDIT: Except Stagger, no one like stagger mechanic, no idea why they added that.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Hynad said:

I have an open mind, if this was all in FF16, I'd be all over it. I mentioned first that this is good gameplay, it's just not FF7 gameplay. Funny how the word remake isn't used correctly.

EDIT: Except Stagger, no one like stagger mechanic, no idea why they added that.

You are right that it isn’t FFVII gameplay. 

It’s FFVII Remake gameplay.

Funny how you’re confusing remaster with remake.

Hynad said:

You are right that it isn’t FFVII gameplay. 

It’s FFVII Remake gameplay.

Funny how you’re confusing remaster with remake.

Remaster - take the game you had a basically just upping the graphics. (see FF8)

Remake - remaking the game to modern standards. (See Crash)

FF7 "Remake" - change everything but the characters.

Hmm, pie.

Shadow1980 said:
I played it the other day, then played it two more times after that. It was pretty good. While I prefer the pure turn-based combat of the original, this was a decent compromise, combining elements of the old ATB system and doing things that ARPGs normally don't do, like letting you switch between party members and issuing commands for any "major" action, with the AI only doing basic low-power attacks. I still don't like the frenetic pace, and it's sometime hard to keep track of everything when there's a lot of enemies. However, I tried the "Classic Mode," and the basic enemies were so weak that basic attacks will kill them easily. With the first couple of groups I fought, the ATB gauge never even got halfway so I could issue commands to Cloud. So, I decided to switch back to the regular mode. It'll take some getting used to (still need to learn enemy attack patterns), but if ARPGs were all more like this I would be more accepting of them, though I'd still prefer turn-based.

On the whole, this demo alleviated quite a bit of the concerns I had for the gameplay, and I can safely say I'm excited to see this classic re-imagined with modern production values. Seriously, that opening cutscene alone gave me chills.

One thing I liked about the opening cutscene is that when Aerith is praying in the alley and gets up to walk to the street and drops her flowers you can hear bits of One Winged Angel in the soundtrack, I thought it was a nice touch.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 10 March 2020

Signature goes here!