By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess vs Skyward Sword

I prefer...

Twilight Princess 62 63.27%

Skyward Sword 36 36.73%

Total:98

Skyward sword had some of the best music, dungeons, character designs,world design, and fun controls. Twilight princess was boring

Around the Network

Twilight Princess for sure, although it hasn't aged well.

The dungeons, the gameplay and the scope were all far superior. I'll concede Skyward Sword had a better soundtrack.

Wow, I'm shocked seeing so many strong opinions on this topic. Both are such great games I don't understand how so many people think that one of them is so clearly superior to the other. To each their own I guess...

I don't like Twilight Princess much, but hell it beats the stuffing out of Skyward Sword. Skyloft just isn't interesting, and neither are the 3 provinces. SS does have some top tier dungeon designs but overall TP is a better game for me.

@mZuzek Ah there was the excuse I needed to shove my ranking of these games down everyone's throats again.

I'd say neither TP nor SS is 'the worst' (indeed, as if that was "bad").

Among 3D Zeldas;
OoT > BotW > TP > MM > SS > WW

Around the Network

I've never played Skyward Sword. I thought Twilight Princess was decent, but not good enough for me to try Skyward Sword.

mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I've never played Skyward Sword. I thought Twilight Princess was decent, but not good enough for me to try Skyward Sword.

The two games aren't much alike, to be honest. But given the kinds of games you enjoy most, I think it's fair to assume Skyward Sword wouldn't be your kind of thing.

Probably not.  The only thing that made Skyward Sword look interesting was the motion+ controls, but I'm betting it is not a beat em up game like Hyrule Warriors.

Twilight Princess. No mandatory motion controls, better story, better dungeons, better atmosphere. A far more enjoyable experience in general.

Twilight Princess was nice, haven't played Skyward Sword yet because of forced motion controls (which I don't like). I still hope for a Skyward Sword Switch port.

My main issue with Skyward Sword is just that it is formulaic in its progression. It takes away the magic of the game. Visually and aesthetically and gameplay wise it was a joy. I just wish it hid its progression bones better.