By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poll: Which is worst, Losing exclusive GTA IV or MH3/DQ10

i dont know its like asking which is worse getting poked in the Eye with a sharp stick or a dull one….either way you have just lost an eye

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Losing the Japanese support is devestating for PS3.

There are a lot of people that bought the PS2 for it's Japanese games like FF, DQ, MH, KH, Suikoden, Tales etc. etc. etc. These people won't be buying a PS3 without that kind of Japanese support. Without the Japanese games PS3 is just a more expensive 360. Sure there are differences, but what really contributed to PS2's enormous success was that ALL Japanese games appeared on that system.

Thought I'd quote myself from 8 months ago, lol. Thread Necroing: it's like driving too fast: forbidden but fun.

Im not clear how Sony lost exclusivity of GTA. Are we referring back to the PS2 days, or was GTA 4 originally meant only for the PS3. If that is the case Sony lost out huge. They lost exclusivity to the biggest franchise of the 6th gen. Many people who dont have a PS3 would have bought the console just to play the game, me included.

DQ and MH are big series as well but mostly in Japan. GTA is huge everywhere. Unless you count all the Mario games as one series, nothing has come close to comparing to the sales of GTA over the past 6 years.

GTA was never a Sony exclusive!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=894&region=All

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Losing MH3 and DQ10 were a bigger loss to Sony. Losing FF XIII as an exclusive hurt Sony much more than losing GTA exclusivity.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
GTA was never a Sony exclusive!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=894®ion=All

You do realize that GTA: SA was a timed exclusive for the original Xbox? Technically GTA III and VC were timed exclusives as well, but anyone who really wanted GTA III would have bought a PS2 for it. I think the fact that 360 and PS3 versions realesed simultaneously (no lag for 360 version) hurt Sony the most. They would have gotten 100s of thousands of new PS3 owners if the 360 version took 6 mo to a year (i.e. right about now) to come to the 360.

jeez the mighty have fallen.

Agreed though.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
jeez the mighty have fallen.

Agreed though.

Especially if you consider this only happened in 2 years time.

Final Fantasy: Multiplat
GTA: Multiplat
Resident Evil: Multiplat
Monster Hunter: Wii exclusive
Dragon Quest: DS/Wii
Tekken: Multiplat
Suikoden: DS
Devil May Cry: Multiplat
Star Ocean: 360 (timed?) exclusive
Tales: Wii & 360

Insane. 

After all Nintendo went in to this generation thinking only their games would keep it alive, like Gamecube.

Can PS3 survive by itself? Of course not. I can't wait to see what the other jap. dev. do to react to this.

The most interesting point i find is that the classic argument around the wii, that it isnt powerful enough to motivate dev. to bother making great games for it, is now null and void. Its only a matter of time b4 other dev. think the same thing.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.