By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much better does mario kart look on the wii than on the GC?

The graphics are definitely better, but not a lot. There's more detail, more things happening and more characters on screen, and it all looks a bit crisper and more colourful, but it's not a major improvement, and certainly nowhere close to pushing Wii's graphic abilities. 

...That concerns the new tracks, of course.

As for the re-used ones from the 'Cube, they're exactly the same.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Smidlee said:

I believe he does have a point. Only the Big N can to get by with this and they know it. I can only imagine what people would say if GT:5 (or even Need for Speed,etc.) just ported the same tracks from GT:4 without any graphics improvement and only improved the new tracks.

For the money the Big N could have easily updated these tracks.

In that case, the thread title should have been "The retro tracks in MK:Wii haven't been updated".

Personally, I like the retro feeling.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32964.html

N64 tracks= Wii track, simply because you say it hasnt been upgraded to fit the wii.

mM
NJ5 said:
leo-j said:
lol I guess its true, fanboys are fanboys, you cant win an argument no matter what. Even if the obvious is being shown.

^ This post proves itself.

hahha.. exactly what i was thinking.. he perfectly described his own attitude towards the logical replies in this thread

This topic is major troll fail, and if it was any one but leo-j I would say they should be ashamed (leo is capable of shame though). It's the exact same track that looks almost exactly identical! That's a fair graphics comparison! I'm surprised you didn't show a video of the SNES track remakes and use that as evidence for it's graphical shortcomings.

Look at the tracks that are actually designed for the wii rather than the rehashes. And suddenly there is an obvious demonstrable difference. This topic=fail

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

thanks for those vids, i liked the second one.. i learnt one thing i didn't know about the channel which i thought was cool, you can see if your friends are online without having the disc inserted.. i hope this becomes the new standard from here on in for wi-fi games, since its good to be able to just check who is playing which game without alternating discs

Around the Network
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:

Hey leo-j did you see the new tech demo for the wii. http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/hightechwii.html

Op I belive there is a considerable difference. It's a cartoon racer though, and mario kart games were never meant to push graphics.

Yes and its on par with half life 2 on the XBOX.

On topic:

This is unbelieveble, you guys think the wii version looks better? What are you watching? It cant be this video.

Oh, so you're publicly admitting that you posted this video and thread for the sole purpose of being a troll and complaining about the wii graphics?  It obvious from that comment you had an ulterior motive.

tabsina said:
thanks for those vids, i liked the second one.. i learnt one thing i didn't know about the channel which i thought was cool, you can see if your friends are online without having the disc inserted.. i hope this becomes the new standard from here on in for wi-fi games, since its good to be able to just check who is playing which game without alternating discs

You didn't know that? When you use the channel, basically all the WFC features (except the gameplay) is available without the disc. The disc is only needed when you start the track, you can check records and download new ghosts.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The GC tracks are not identical on the Wii. They have some extra visual effects, that just make it look more blurred out, but that doesn't really make either version look "better".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It looks to me like someone turned up the brightness on the Wii side or something. Colors look a little "sun-drenched".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
It looks to me like someone turned up the brightness on the Wii side or something. Colors look a little "sun-drenched".

Or lighting effects to make them look that way. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs