By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor- Nintendo to show Metriod Prime 4, Pikmin 4, and Fzero in a March Direct.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
S.Peelman said:
The announcement of an Animal Crossing Direct appears to be correct though, there's that.

Doesn't really mean anything, we've seen before that some bits (guesses) of a rumor can be true while others are false.

Of course. Still, seems like a pretty specific coincidence (was mentioned as being announced "this morning", which it was) otherwise. Not saying I now 100% believe in this, but I'd say the AC Direct announcement surely upped the rumour's probability score.

Around the Network

I don't believe it. But I really, REALLY want to believe it xD

This would be amazing. I'll believe it when I see it.

S.Peelman said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Doesn't really mean anything, we've seen before that some bits (guesses) of a rumor can be true while others are false.

Of course. Still, seems like a pretty specific coincidence (was mentioned as being announced "this morning", which it was) otherwise. Not saying I now 100% believe in this, but I'd say the AC Direct announcement surely upped the rumour's probability score.

I do agree with that logic, but Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, and a ham sandwich killed any belivability for me.

"Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid"

Too much in once.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
S.Peelman said:

I do agree with that logic, but Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, and a ham sandwich killed any belivability for me.

Yeah that does seem like the typical wishlist.

Shovel Knight presentation just announced the Wednesday before. This would make sense, if their game was going to be revealed the next day in a general Nintendo direct, so they can make their greater audience aware of it before it's on a Nintendo only presentation (assuming it is a multiplatform game).

Darwinianevolution said:
See, this is what happens when you delay the Direct this much, rumours start popping up, and whatever they show won't match the hype.

Hype among the foolish doesn't count. Everyone else understands this is fake, just like all of the others.

Sometimes they get it right, but it's invariably a one game/detail guess that's fairly obvious and guessed multiple times already: like a direct for a game that's about 1-2 months away.

There have been leaks before, sometimes announcements are leaked within a day of their public reveal (likely because Nintendo sent around an email to their staff and press within a day before the public announcement), and occasionally there's a leak of something from the factory; like what happened with the NX hardware. Never has a Direct been leaked a month in advance, or even more than 1 day. A correct guess of a single data point is not a leak, a leak is only when information actually leaks from Nintendo.

One last point: Why on earth would anyone think that Nintendo's next batch of games would be a collection of disappointing franchises? At least throw in something That's been successful like a Nintendogs, Tomodachi, or Mario/Zelda remake. And don't pick a game (like Metroid) that everyone knows is years away - if Metroid Prime 4 was already far enough along to be showable after only 9 months of development by a small studio, then it's probably something more akin to Metroid Federation Force.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 20 February 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.