By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake File Size Revealed

This is the Korean version of the cover and I assume it leaked from the printing company.

If you zoom in on the back by where the memory requirement is located you can see 100GB, that's on par with what Red Dead Redemption 2 requires and that's without a day one patch. This leads into the fact that people thought this game was going to be completely on rails, and episodic, that was shot down when we got the side quests revealed recently and the file size suggests that there will be a lot of things to do, see, and explore. It's worth repeating that this will be a full game taking place inside the city of Midgar and that we're getting a full games worth of content. There's also side quest from the people that lives in Midgar and they have their own stories to tell.

When I see Midgar in the original game I see a lot of potential to tell an amazing story inside the city alone that's why I always say we haven't really seen FF7, and I don't care what you say, no you haven't really seen it either. The prospect of a Midgar only game excited me because I can compare this city to the likes of a Yakuza or a GTA game that features hours of side content, and the size of the maps in Yakuza games is small in comparison to most open-world games but there's almost something to do on every street corner in Yakuza. This is the potential Midgar has in just this game alone with a file size of 100GB, and of course it could end up being bigger with patches.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I'm not really sure what the ratings mean on the Korean box says here, but I'm thinking 15 and over, sexual content, not sure what the arrows is, and the needle looks like drugs or blood? Anybody know Korean?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I'm not really sure what the ratings mean on the Korean box says here, but I'm thinking 15 and over, sexual content, not sure what the arrows is, and the needle looks like drugs or blood? Anybody know Korean?

https://www.grac.or.kr/english/

15+

Sexuality

Violence

Alcohol, tobaco, drugs

I wish devs would optimize games again.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

WTF? Still two discs? After 20+ years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
WTF? Still two discs? After 20+ years?

Faithful to the original. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

An MMO I could imagine, but only one part of an SP game?.

forty keks and more.

Gl with parts 2-3 also being 100 gigs more.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Don’t care. I have a 4TB hard drive.

Love the games with a lot of details!!

Pretty boring front cover though. :-|

It's not a real ff7 game unless it comes on more than one disk.

The file size looks promising, but I still have mixed feelings about it. I still don't like that they are watering down the story by spreading it out. It reminds me of the damn Hobbit movies. Yeah they got the big budget Hollywood treatment, but the story still felt watered down nonetheless.